San Diego: Food & Drink Recommendations?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2015, 04:45 PM
RE: San Diego: Food & Drink Recommendations?
(20-07-2015 04:27 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I always liked Shakespeare Pub

Looks like a great place to have a drink and watch some football!

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2015, 04:57 PM
(20-07-2015 04:37 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  
(20-07-2015 04:22 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Turkey almost woke up in a dryer on his last drinking excursion (and lost his pants). Turkey + Tijuana = No

I know myself well enough to know that if ever I stepped foot into Tijuauna I might never be seen again. So, I'll stay clear of that one.

I went to Tijuana once back in the day when I was a sailor and such practice was commonplace. Woke up the next morning in my bunk fully clothed and feeling pretty good. Went to take a shower and noticed that all my money, ID, wallet, and uniform were there, but my underwear and socks were missing. Asked the dude on shore patrol that night what happened and he said, "Never speak of this again."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-07-2015, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 20-07-2015 05:17 PM by Bucky Ball.)
There might be a shuttle from the Convention Center over to the Hotel Del Coronado .. on Coronado Island, (pretty close by) .. that would be a fun outing, with many places to eat ... save time to walk around and look at the history on the walls.... tons and tons of photos of all the people who stayed there. The King of England who abdicated proposed to Wallis Simpson there. The Harbor House restaurant might be in walking distance. Too bad you don't have a car. The restaurants up at L'Auberge hotel are good, and up in Alpine out near the Wild Animal Park (sort of) there's a pie shop that serves wine too. Tongue Horton Plaza, downtown has humongous movie screens and awesome sound systems...like nowhere else. Also Del Mar (Bing Crosby's race track) is open and running now, up near us, on Jimmy Durante Boulevard, in the Northern burbs, "where the surf meets the turf" .. it sits on the ocean, with lots of places to eat. It's so clean you could eat off the ground. There must be shuttles to there from somewhere, nearby. There also must be a shuttle to the (regular) zoo.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
20-07-2015, 05:50 PM
(20-07-2015 05:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There might be a shuttle from the Convention Center over to the Hotel Del Coronado .. on Coronado Island, (pretty close by) .. that would be a fun outing, with many places to eat ... save time to walk around and look at the history on the walls.... tons and tons of photos of all the people who stayed there. The King of England who abdicated proposed to Wallis Simpson there. The Harbor House restaurant might be in walking distance. Too bad you don't have a car. The restaurants up at L'Auberge hotel are good, and up in Alpine out near the Wild Animal Park (sort of) there's a pie shop that serves wine too. Tongue Horton Plaza, downtown has humongous movie screens and awesome sound systems...like nowhere else. Also Del Mar (Bing Crosby's race track) is open and running now, up near us, on Jimmy Durante Boulevard, in the Northern burbs, "where the surf meets the turf" .. it sits on the ocean, with lots of places to eat. It's so clean you could eat off the ground. There must be shuttles to there from somewhere, nearby. There also must be a shuttle to the (regular) zoo.

Some good recommendations! I have eaten at the Harbor House before and it is great. I've been out to Coronado Island and ate at some restaurant there that was great but can't remember the name. It looks like a good place to rent a bike for the afternoon. Thanks for the help!

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
20-07-2015, 06:24 PM
(20-07-2015 04:22 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(20-07-2015 04:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  You might consider going to Tijuana and having lunch or dinner at Caesar's.
The Caesar salad was invented there.

Turkey almost woke up in a dryer on his last drinking excursion (and lost his pants). Turkey + Tijuana = No

So, a Mexican stand-off is it? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post