Sanctimonious Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2014, 11:44 AM
Sanctimonious Christian
Enjoying my coffee with a few other when a man they both knew joined our table. Out of the blue he began talking of how gay people want more rights than Christians. No, says I, they want equal rites. His response was why does the media give the gay pride parade so much coverage yet they wouldn't give a Christian parade any coverage. I told him it was the choice of the media. I didn't say it but who'd want to watch a bunch of boring Christians walking down the street. We see them every Sunday so what would be different.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2014, 11:57 AM
RE: Sanctimonious Christian
(07-07-2014 11:44 AM)Takelababy Wrote:  Enjoying my coffee with a few other when a man they both knew joined our table. Out of the blue he began talking of how gay people want more rights than Christians. No, says I, they want equal rites. His response was why does the media give the gay pride parade so much coverage yet they wouldn't give a Christian parade any coverage. I told him it was the choice of the media. I didn't say it but who'd want to watch a bunch of boring Christians walking down the street. We see them every Sunday so what would be different.

I would have responded to the christian parades with "I don't know maybe because christians, OWN THE FUCKING GOVERNMENT!"

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
07-07-2014, 07:48 PM
Those idiots get their parades every Sunday when they go up and receive their Christ Crackers, why do they need more? Not to mention they've managed to make all the good holidays all about them, do they really need Christian pride parades?

I feel like theists spend so much time praying for a better life after death, they don't fully appreciate or enjoy the one they have now.
07-07-2014, 08:31 PM
(07-07-2014 07:48 PM)nbberm2 Wrote:  Those idiots get their parades every Sunday when they go up and receive their Christ Crackers, why do they need more? Not to mention they've managed to make all the good holidays all about them, do they really need Christian pride parades?

Well think about it, it seems that christians want power. However they can't use violence they the muslims can. Because of this they must do the next best thing is persuasion. This is much harder to execute than violence, and that is where these parades come in. Many christians here won't be happy until we fall into a theocracy, drop science education, kill all those who disagree, and force people into accepting christianity. In fact it is said that Ronald Regan was trying to get a theocracy started(and if he did it also shows how jesus loves "everyone" but that is a different storyDodgy ). In fact he said 'Theologians had been studying the ancient prophecies -- what would portend the coming of Armageddon -- and have said that never, in the time between the prophecies up untiI now, has there ever been a time in which so many of the prophecies are coming together. There have been times in the past when people thought the end of the world was coming, and so forth, but never anything like this.' "

In short christians are trying to sell what they got to you with a smile on their face and a knife behind their back.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-07-2014, 08:34 PM
cool story bro!

fucking idiot, wasting my time with stupid threads

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
08-07-2014, 03:35 AM
As if America as a whole weren't already getting dumber lol. Can you imagine a world without science education? Makes the movie "Idiocracy" seem entirely possible.

That's really interesting about Reagan though, I had no idea he was that delusional. From what I knew of him, he seemed like a pretty solid president

I feel like theists spend so much time praying for a better life after death, they don't fully appreciate or enjoy the one they have now.
08-07-2014, 09:04 AM
(08-07-2014 03:35 AM)nbberm2 Wrote:  As if America as a whole weren't already getting dumber lol. Can you imagine a world without science education? Makes the movie "Idiocracy" seem entirely possible.

That's really interesting about Reagan though, I had no idea he was that delusional. From what I knew of him, he seemed like a pretty solid president

Yes....a solid president who was suffering from Alzheimers (aka not so solid)
08-07-2014, 09:20 AM
(08-07-2014 09:04 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(08-07-2014 03:35 AM)nbberm2 Wrote:  As if America as a whole weren't already getting dumber lol. Can you imagine a world without science education? Makes the movie "Idiocracy" seem entirely possible.

Yes....a solid president who was suffering from Alzheimers (aka not so solid)

Oh his policies were not sound even before the second term. Voodoo economics is what his financial plans were called, because they never made any real sense. There was the Iran/Contra affair where we found out the president had no control over his cabinet. All Ronny was good at was making speeches.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
08-07-2014, 09:40 AM
(07-07-2014 11:44 AM)Takelababy Wrote:  Enjoying my coffee with a few other when a man they both knew joined our table. Out of the blue he began talking of how gay people want more rights than Christians. No, says I, they want equal rites. His response was why does the media give the gay pride parade so much coverage yet they wouldn't give a Christian parade any coverage. I told him it was the choice of the media. I didn't say it but who'd want to watch a bunch of boring Christians walking down the street. We see them every Sunday so what would be different.

How on earth does that person think that the media paying attention to something 'odd' means that the gays want more rights than Christians?

Next time you see them, tell 'em "A random 18 year old on the internet said 'You're a twat with a budding persecution complex which threatens to enlarge to the approximate size of Texas.'"

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-07-2014, 09:55 AM
I wouldn't say sanctimonious as much as I'd say persecuted.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.