Sanctiony

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Sanctiony
I'm trying to help somebody. A certain xtian tells me it's not worth it. This guy is undeserving. He'll never reform. It's a waste of my time and money.

Granting all of the above, the guy is incorrigible, what business is it of his? It's my time. It's my money. If there is a god and I'm called to account in the afterlife at least I can say I tried. I'm really tired of xtians spewing forth their sanctimonious shit.

Sapere aude
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2014, 05:15 PM
RE: Sanctiony
Why do you care what someone else says?

And don't even worry about the possibility of an afterlife.

If you can offer help and you want to, do it. Just realize that help doesn't always work. On the other hand, people who have been written off sometimes just need one person to care. You may be that person.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
05-04-2014, 05:29 PM
(05-04-2014 05:00 PM)f stop Wrote:  I'm trying to help somebody. A certain xtian tells me it's not worth it. This guy is undeserving. He'll never reform. It's a waste of my time and money.

Granting all of the above, the guy is incorrigible, what business is it of his? It's my time. It's my money. If there is a god and I'm called to account in the afterlife at least I can say I tried. I'm really tired of xtians spewing forth their sanctimonious shit.

What is this all about?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-04-2014, 05:58 PM
(05-04-2014 05:29 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(05-04-2014 05:00 PM)f stop Wrote:  I'm trying to help somebody. A certain xtian tells me it's not worth it. This guy is undeserving. He'll never reform. It's a waste of my time and money.

What is this all about?

Yeah, I'm a bit confused too...but those are things to consider. Do you have the time and money to help this person? I mean if you want to try go ahead but those are big things to think through. I mean, yes it's good to help but if you can't support yourself then you really can't help, y'know? All in all, it's all up to you. Though honestly it'd be easier to help you if there was more details on what's going on here.

[Image: notagain.gif]
06-04-2014, 04:28 AM
(05-04-2014 05:00 PM)f stop Wrote:  If there is a god and I'm called to account in the afterlife at least I can say I tried.

So are you helping this person because you want to help, or are you helping because you want insurance incase there is a god?

Also what is a xtian?
06-04-2014, 07:12 AM
(05-04-2014 05:58 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  
(05-04-2014 05:29 PM)Dom Wrote:  What is this all about?

Yeah, I'm a bit confused too...but those are things to consider. Do you have the time and money to help this person? I mean if you want to try go ahead but those are big things to think through. I mean, yes it's good to help but if you can't support yourself then you really can't help, y'know? All in all, it's all up to you. Though honestly it'd be easier to help you if there was more details on what's going on here.

And what do you expect in return?

Not doubting your intentions, but let's be honest about this. Some people expect a return on investment. Do you?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
06-04-2014, 01:17 PM
(06-04-2014 04:28 AM)Magoo Wrote:  Also what is a xtian?
xtian : abbreviation for Christian.

Sapere aude
07-04-2014, 06:42 AM
I like the commentor who said that sometimes people who have been written off by "society" just need one person who "sees" them. Try not to let your sense of self become defined by your ability to ignite change in this person, though. Sometimes you give all you have to give, and it's just not enough.
07-04-2014, 07:16 AM
Often times help is unappreciated unless asked for. And some people have to hit rock bottom before asking for help. There needs to be some initiative to salvage oneself. It sounds like you're trying to buy a ticket to heaven.