Sanders Endorses Clinton

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2016, 12:50 PM
Sanders Endorses Clinton
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...story.html

I'm mixed on this, because I really liked him but I totally get why he's doing this, I almost wish he'd done it earlier tho.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-07-2016, 12:51 PM
RE: Sanders Endorses Clinton
GOP heads explode in 3...2...

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
12-07-2016, 12:55 PM
(12-07-2016 12:51 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  GOP heads explode in 3...2...

I know they were hoping the democrats would divide over it.

I figured he'd wait until the convention in a week or so to announce it, but it's probably better for this supporters to enter the convention at least somewhat more unified.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-07-2016, 12:56 PM
(12-07-2016 12:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 12:51 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  GOP heads explode in 3...2...

I know they were hoping the democrats would divide over it.

I figured he'd wait until the convention in a week or so to announce it, but it's probably better for this supporters to enter the convention at least somewhat more unified.

It is definitely better to try and unify things before the convention, especially considering the shit show that will be the GOP convention. It will make for a great comparison of which party has gone batshit crazy, and which are setting realistic and achievable goals.

-Rick
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
12-07-2016, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2016 01:53 PM by Mr. Boston.)
I can see the value in his officially staying in the race until he had a chance to influence the party platform. I am not a Hillary fan but I'm willing to give her my vote in the knowledge that Bernie's campaign succeeded beyond any reasonable expectation. I believe he has done the job he set out to do and the party is better off for it. I just hope Clinton, Wasserman-Schultz, and the rest of the party insiders are able to get the message that the rank and file are tired of this being the party of the Elite - they desperately need to reconnect with regular working people. I don't think domestic civil liberties issues will be enough to win any further elections after this one, and I'm nowhere near being sure it'll even be enough this time. The Democrats have GOT to adopt economic/trade policies that benefit MORE Americans, not just the white collar workers, Internet Billionaires, and Intellectual Property types who've benefited the most from Obama's economic recovery.
[+] 8 users Like Mr. Boston's post
12-07-2016, 12:58 PM
(12-07-2016 12:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...story.html

I'm mixed on this, because I really liked him but I totally get why he's doing this, I almost wish he'd done it earlier tho.

By holding out as long as he did he maximized his influence on the Democratic Platform.

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-07-2016, 01:03 PM
(12-07-2016 12:56 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 12:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I know they were hoping the democrats would divide over it.

It is definitely better to try and unify things before the convention, especially considering the shit show that will be the GOP convention. It will make for a great comparison of which party has gone batshit crazy, and which are setting realistic and achievable goals.

This is the first time in years that I might watch the convention coverage on tv. But I'm planing on laying in a giant supply of my favorite cheesy popcorn for the republican convention. Laugh out load

I've now deemed the democrat convention as not carb worthy. Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-07-2016, 01:07 PM
Yeah the Republican Convention will definitely be some entertaining television. I may need hard liquor to get through it though.
[+] 2 users Like Mr. Boston's post
12-07-2016, 01:08 PM
(12-07-2016 01:07 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  Yeah the Republican Convention will definitely be some entertaining television. I may need hard liquor to get through it though.

" I may need hard liquor to get through it though."

So will they

-Rick
[+] 8 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
12-07-2016, 01:13 PM
(12-07-2016 12:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...story.html

I am not, I only agree that he drug it out to long. I am simply pissed at him for doing that, because if he had dropped out when he lost and backed her I think her numbers would be better, but cant undo it. I simply hope he can bring back lots of his scorched earthers. But let's be fair, Hillary had her own scorched earthers.

I voted for Bernie in the primaries. And Hillary isn't perfect by any stretch, but for me this isn't about one personality, I still think OUR voters reflect progress. Our problem as a party is that for the past 36 years we have sucked at the same organization that the GOP has excelled at and while we have won the oval office, over that same time the GOP has beat us at the local, state government and governor offices.

I think the mistake progressives of both Bernie and Hillary made, is the same thing far too much of both parties suffer from, "personality". 1 politician regardless of party does not own the entire government. If you want 1 person, or one ruling family you have to think North Korea, Iran or Saudi Arabia.

I am certainly for dissent, and disagreement, but the data is in, both parties ARE tired of things, but the populist card the GOP is playing isn't about valuing equality, it is corporate welfare, and the bait they use for that dodge is using social issues.

We had an economic boom after WW2 because we got away from the "fuck you I got mine". And what gave rise to Hitler, was preying on the poor and desperate.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post