Sandy Hook Conspiracy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Sandy Hook Conspiracy.
This is just one video of a handful out there right now.

I'm curious what TTA forum thinks of this?

Usually with events like this someone knows someone who was a part of the event- a firefighter, a teacher, someone that lived in the neighbourhood. But I don't know and haven't heard of any '6 deg of separation' with this traumatic event. Maybe someone from the states here at TTA knows from a more personal level about this day? I would hate for a real event like this to be minimized by a dumb false conspiracy but I'd also hate for the wool to be pulled over the eyes like we live in North Korea or something.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2013, 03:56 PM
RE: Sandy Hook Conspiracy.
(14-01-2013 03:51 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  This is just one video of a handful out there right now.

I'm curious what TTA forum thinks of this?

Usually with events like this someone knows someone who was a part of the event- a firefighter, a teacher, someone that lived in the neighbourhood. But I don't know and haven't heard of any '6 deg of separation' with this traumatic event. Maybe someone from the states here at TTA knows from a more personal level about this day? I would hate for a real event like this to be minimized by a dumb false conspiracy but I'd also hate for the wool to be pulled over the eyes like we live in North Korea or something.

Mind-numbingly stupid and cruel conspiracy theory.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-01-2013, 03:59 PM
Im gonna watch it now.

Does it mention how tribute pages were set up before the event and how certain conspiracy sites dont allow talk of this event?

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
14-01-2013, 04:07 PM
(14-01-2013 03:59 PM)bemore Wrote:  Im gonna watch it now.

Does it mention how tribute pages were set up before the event and how certain conspiracy sites dont allow talk of this event?
The tribute pages are mentioned, yup.
14-01-2013, 04:22 PM
(14-01-2013 03:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  Mind-numbingly stupid and cruel conspiracy theory.
... Because if the event was real it's hurtful for the pain and suffering to have to deal with this?

... Because the evidence isn't solid?

... Because you're sick of conspiracies?

... Because you work for the secret govnt and are part of the actors guild?
14-01-2013, 04:24 PM
(14-01-2013 04:22 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(14-01-2013 03:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  Mind-numbingly stupid and cruel conspiracy theory.
... Because if the event was real it's hurtful for the pain and suffering to have to deal with this?

... Because the evidence isn't solid?

... Because you're sick of conspiracies?

... Because you work for the secret govnt and are part of the actors guild?
Because the alleged evidence is flawed and unconvincing.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
14-01-2013, 04:31 PM
I dunno much about this. But here's what I believe:

1. A bazillian reporters were crawling all over Sandy Hook and interviewing every child, parent, neighbor, and passerby that they could find. That's like a bazillion reporters interviewing a gajillion witnesses. This video wants me to pretend that every one of those umpteen megajillions of people were involved in a cover up? Humans aren't like that.

2. People get stuff wrong. So what if some guy says he heard some thing that doesn't make sense. So what if dozens of people say things that don't make sense. Out of all the gajillion people who were interviewed, many in shock, it seems very very possible that many of them, maybe even most of them, could have given flawed eyewitness accounts. Humans are like that.

3. I don't have any of the "facts" presented in this video. For example, at 12:56 in this video it says on screen "But the police said the kids that tried to run from Soto's class were shot dead. Is Gene seeing things?" I don't know if any kids were shot dead running from Soto's class. Even if some were, I don't know that they all were. The fact that this Gene guy talked to 6 kids from a class that might have had some kids killed doesn't make him a liar - unless I can prove that every kid from that class was shot dead. Even then, he might be misremembering - maybe the kids said they were from Mr. Jones' class but after hearing the name of Soto on the news all day, this guy misremembered the name the kids gave him. Humans are like that.

4. It's possible that this video is full of home-made bullshit, photoshopping, maybe even pulling in reporting from other stuff to make it look like Sandy Hook stuff, and certainly cherry-picking to only show what might have gone wrong. Maybe that's all this video is, some tool to use and/or create flawed/false evidence, mistakes, and bad reporting to convince everyone that something is going on here. Sometimes people deliberately do this just to be dicks. Humans are like that.

Maybe I could research this stuff. Maybe I could figure out exactly how many people were on TV giving statements and interviews. Maybe I could investigate their bank accounts and see whether there are payoffs or not. Maybe I could figure out who gave mistaken eyewitness accounts by sorting out verifiable (or at least heavily corroborated) accounts from the one-off mistaken accounts. Maybe I could re-interview all these people, for example, Gene, and figure out why he gave mistaken or possibly misleading statements.

But I am not going to. Too much work, not enough personal gain for the effort required.

So I am inclined to believe that my point #4 is applicable here. This is made up and cherry picked. Whoever made the video knows that out of some 200 million Americans who could watch his video, there are only a few thousand who have a good grasp of what happened that day. The other 199+ million Americans have no clue other than the news reports and we're not going to do this research ourselves. That makes us targets for his stupid propaganda, whatever it is.

Occam's Razor. There is only one plausible likelihood here.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 5 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
14-01-2013, 04:39 PM
My friend's little grand nephew was a victim -- I'm sure it will make her family feel better to know its all a hoax. Maybe I should share the link on Facebook?

Sarcasm off.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-01-2013, 04:44 PM
There have been a dozen gun massacres in the recent past, and tens of thousands gun murders annually, but it was only until Sandy - when a school full of children were gunned down, for a serious gun debate to come about. Now because there is this focus, those already prone to paranoia are panicking, and attempting to deflect and derail the debate. And, of course, people online are very bored and like to circulate odd things to talk about. Like we're doing now. It gives the illusion that it's more prominent than it really is.
[+] 2 users Like PoolBoyG's post
14-01-2013, 04:51 PM
There is a lot of people beginning to "wake up" to things beyond what the mainstream media are saying, people are beginning to question things for themselves.

Sometimes I think stories like this, which are strange, are just distractions.

There are some people in the conspiracy community who believe that things are implanted within motion pictures (I am not one of them)

However this is strange.........

Like I said I think these are distractions, unproveable, dividing peoples opinions. There are more proveable things that the conspiracy community could be looking into but this is good entertainment, a bit of drama where everybody has an opinion.

You go onto a conspiracy site talking economics and you get hardly any response, you post a thread about the sandy hook shooting and you get over 2,000.

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230409

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Conspiracy theories that have come true. Metazoa Zeke 20 405 30-06-2014 12:58 PM
Last Post: dancefortwo
  Sandy Hook Shooting Hoax dancefortwo 27 963 31-05-2014 01:46 PM
Last Post: dancefortwo
  Church conspiracy theories. BlackMason 4 152 04-05-2014 11:44 AM
Last Post: BlackMason
  MH 370 Conspiracy Theories Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver 9 586 24-04-2014 11:26 PM
Last Post: Drunkin Druid
  Found a bat shit crazy conspiracy theory website ... TheLogicalAthiest 6 254 24-03-2014 04:38 PM
Last Post: Chas
  What's the craziest conspiracy theory you can come up with? Tartarus Sauce 85 2,681 17-03-2014 10:28 AM
Last Post: Just Another Atheist
  Conspiracy Theory With Jesse Ventura Punk Pumpkin 18 496 09-03-2014 09:36 AM
Last Post: Revenant77x