Sandy Hook Conspiracy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2013, 04:55 PM
RE: Sandy Hook Conspiracy.
(14-01-2013 04:51 PM)bemore Wrote:  There is a lot of people beginning to "wake up" to things beyond what the mainstream media are saying, people are beginning to question things for themselves.

Sometimes I think stories like this, which are strange, are just distractions.

There are some people in the conspiracy community who believe that things are implanted within motion pictures (I am not one of them)

However this is strange.........

Like I said I think these are distractions, unproveable, dividing peoples opinions. There are more proveable things that the conspiracy community could be looking into but this is good entertainment, a bit of drama where everybody has an opinion.

You go onto a conspiracy site talking economics and you get hardly any response, you post a thread about the sandy hook shooting and you get over 2,000.

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230409

Oh, I'm so convinced. Drinking Beverage

Not.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2013, 05:03 PM
(14-01-2013 04:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-01-2013 04:51 PM)bemore Wrote:  There is a lot of people beginning to "wake up" to things beyond what the mainstream media are saying, people are beginning to question things for themselves.

Sometimes I think stories like this, which are strange, are just distractions.

There are some people in the conspiracy community who believe that things are implanted within motion pictures (I am not one of them)

However this is strange.........

Like I said I think these are distractions, unproveable, dividing peoples opinions. There are more proveable things that the conspiracy community could be looking into but this is good entertainment, a bit of drama where everybody has an opinion.

You go onto a conspiracy site talking economics and you get hardly any response, you post a thread about the sandy hook shooting and you get over 2,000.

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230409

Oh, I'm so convinced. Drinking Beverage

Not.
You mean the batman video or what I mentioned about the conspiracy within a conspiracy or both?

At the end of the day I can see why people get wrapped up in this, its sensationalist entertainment like a shocking news headline. I used to be one of them who would readily believe this shit because it fitted my old views on the world.

What I do know is all the time I have spent posting on conspiracy forums is that unproveable and sensationalist stories get the most attention, with people who say "I AM AWAKE" when in reality they are not. None of us are.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
14-01-2013, 05:08 PM
(14-01-2013 05:03 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(14-01-2013 04:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, I'm so convinced. Drinking Beverage

Not.
You mean the batman video or what I mentioned about the conspiracy within a conspiracy or both?

At the end of the day I can see why people get wrapped up in this, its sensationalist entertainment like a shocking news headline. I used to be one of them who would readily believe this shit because it fitted my old views on the world.

What I do know is all the time I have spent posting on conspiracy forums is that unproveable and sensationalist stories get the most attention, with people who say "I AM AWAKE" when in reality they are not. None of us are.

Yeah, the Batman video. Sorry, I wasn't clear.

People put way too much importance on coincidence and have no idea how to evaluate evidence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
14-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Oh for fuck's sake...

[Image: 308.gif]

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
14-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Well that was an interesting video :l
15-01-2013, 07:38 AM
As soon as these "conspiracy theories" start surfacing, I have to go watch the wonderful video the great and powerful Qualia Soup made....

...to prevent serious brain damage from watching the conspiracy videos.

I trust him far more than any whack-job on YouTube. Yes
And if what he says is true, it would seem coincidences are actually quite common, and maybe even bordering on the norm rather than the exception.

[Image: h8m4.jpg]
15-01-2013, 10:13 AM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2013 10:19 AM by kineo.)
I heard people (gun owners) muttering conspiracy mere days after Sandy Hook, before there was any possible evidence to suggest it was a conspiracy. I think some people really just want it to be a conspiracy so that gun legislation can be derailed by scandal. But, then again, I don't usually turn too much attention to conspiracy theories to begin with. It's just usually not something I personally find value in spending my time researching.

And that Batman video was anything but convincing- it must be a joke. A map says "Sandy Hook" on it? Holy coincidence, Batman! It also has a connection to the theater massacre and by extension the Sandy Hook tragedy! Christopher Nolan must have KNOWN- he's in on it! This is his little message, just a wink, to the world. That is absurd.

And that's the kind of bullshit that extends the life of such inane conspiracy theories. Not that there aren't REAL conspiracies out there- and I'm not disregarding and real possibility of Sandy Hook being a conspiracy simply on that Batman video... but that shit like the Batman video get people riled up into a thoughtless frenzy.
15-01-2013, 10:34 AM
(15-01-2013 10:13 AM)kineo Wrote:  I heard people (gun owners) muttering conspiracy mere days after Sandy Hook, before there was any possible evidence to suggest it was a conspiracy. I think some people really just want it to be a conspiracy so that gun legislation can be derailed by scandal. But, then again, I don't usually turn too much attention to conspiracy theories to begin with. It's just usually not something I personally find value in spending my time researching.

And that Batman video was anything but convincing- it must be a joke. A map says "Sandy Hook" on it? Holy coincidence, Batman! It also has a connection to the theater massacre and by extension the Sandy Hook tragedy! Christopher Nolan must have KNOWN- he's in on it! This is his little message, just a wink, to the world. That is absurd.

And that's the kind of bullshit that extends the life of such inane conspiracy theories. Not that there aren't REAL conspiracies out there- and I'm not disregarding and real possibility of Sandy Hook being a conspiracy simply on that Batman video... but that shit like the Batman video get people riled up into a thoughtless frenzy.
Before the election in November all my friends on FB were completely convinced that Romney would win and on election day, all day long they posted about how much they didn't care and god was in control of the election good or bad....Of course these people ONLY watch fox news so....

Until of course it became painfully evident that Obama had won the election they all immediately cried 'voter fraud.' 'It's a conspiracy'. blah blah...

I think the deeper question what does things like this (SH) conspiracy say about society.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

15-01-2013, 11:28 AM
I don't know if this conspiracy theory says much about society. Maybe if society in general takes up the hue and cry. But for now, it looks like one guy made a video. Just how much support is the video getting? Dozens of nutjobs? Hundreds? Thousands?

Even if it is thousands of nutjobs supporting this video, that's only about 1% of US society, so all that would say about society is that about 1% of us are nutjobs.

Once it becomes a prevailing theory, then it might make me worry about society.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
15-01-2013, 02:57 PM
(15-01-2013 11:28 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  I don't know if this conspiracy theory says much about society. Maybe if society in general takes up the hue and cry. But for now, it looks like one guy made a video. Just how much support is the video getting? Dozens of nutjobs? Hundreds? Thousands?

Even if it is thousands of nutjobs supporting this video, that's only about 1% of US society, so all that would say about society is that about 1% of us are nutjobs.

Once it becomes a prevailing theory, then it might make me worry about society.
Good sir, you are basing your opinion without evidence. Mine requires evidence, since the shooting I have not seen any photos of dead children, nor any amount of physical evidence that would suggest it ever happened besides that of a few guns found on the scence. The video posted makes some very good points. Perhaps you ought to give it a watch.

Of course from the moment it happened I felt no pity for the children if they in fact did die. You see children die everyday, and for me to feel sorry for some more than others is being quite unfair of me. So I choose to feel sorry for neither, it also allows me to keep a cool head on me. Where I suspect you might be more emotionally driven and therefore more prone to believing without said evidence.