Sandy Hook Conspiracy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2013, 05:19 PM
RE: Sandy Hook Conspiracy.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
15-01-2013, 05:42 PM
(15-01-2013 05:03 PM)kineo Wrote:  So now it's a conspiracy to make conspiracy theorists look bad? Fucking really?! Is that really what you think or are you "just asking questions, man"?

Good sir until you can speak to me without a wild fire spreading I fear that all I must give you is this video. Which is irrelevant.
Quote:The
child was her sister. The dress was Emelie's. You can tell its a
little big when you look at the photograph the parents released and the
girl with the president....

But you're not going to go out of
your way to look at for at the fact....no....you're going to watch a six
minute YouTube video made by a crackpot and say that's all the evidence
you require to prove it didn't happen at all.
Actually the video was 30 minutes, and can I have a link to where it says it's her sister wearing her dress? I'd like to know where you got this information from.
15-01-2013, 06:27 PM
(15-01-2013 05:42 PM)Nappa Wrote:  Good sir until you can speak to me without a wild fire spreading I fear that all I must give you is this video. Which is irrelevant.

You're right- my apologies. I should have not swore at you and posted without any real contribution.

I find your suggestion that there is a conspiracy directed at conspiracy theorists just to make them look bad, to be an incredibly narcissistic. What makes you think that the government is so concerned with conspiracy theorists that everyone involved is willing to risk their entire career as well as credibility of the government as a whole just to discredit conspiracy theorists? It's exactly that line of thinking that has me side-eying this entire discussion. It's self-important and tasteless. Unless you have a really good reason, then I give you the benefit of the doubt that you were simply posting your initial thoughts without really thinking that through.

Also, sorry I don't like that video, saw it yesterday. Undecided
15-01-2013, 06:28 PM
(15-01-2013 05:19 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  

Good share- this video pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
15-01-2013, 07:00 PM
(15-01-2013 05:19 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  

Thanks for posting this!!

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

15-01-2013, 07:05 PM
(15-01-2013 04:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The child was her sister. The dress was Emelie's. You can tell its a little big when you look at the photograph the parents released and the girl with the president....

But you're not going to go out of your way to look at for at the fact....no....you're going to watch a six minute YouTube video made by a crackpot and say that's all the evidence you require to prove it didn't happen at all.

What's even more telling is that he raves about his dispassionate interest in evidence while simultaneously, in this thread, spouting the very mantra of the close-minded conspiracy idiot, the one true mantra that takes this nut out of the general population and drops him into the category of clueless, delusional, paranoid conspiracy moron:

"nothing you can say will change my mind".

Yep, that's the mantra of the conspiracy wackjob, and the minute they say it, or paraphrase it, you know you're dealing with an irrational paranoid who won't listen to to reason, evidence, or reality.

Did he say it? Yep:

(15-01-2013 03:52 PM)Nappa Wrote:  I'd be more than willing to give the interview a browse but I'm not going to go out of my way to look for it. But it won't change my opinion

Yah, he starts off sounding like his mind is open, but the mantra rears its ugly narrow-minded head and shows his true colors.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
15-01-2013, 10:58 PM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2013 11:14 PM by Nappa.)
(15-01-2013 06:27 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(15-01-2013 05:42 PM)Nappa Wrote:  Good sir until you can speak to me without a wild fire spreading I fear that all I must give you is this video. Which is irrelevant.

You're right- my apologies. I should have not swore at you and posted without any real contribution.

I find your suggestion that there is a conspiracy directed at conspiracy theorists just to make them look bad, to be an incredibly narcissistic. What makes you think that the government is so concerned with conspiracy theorists that everyone involved is willing to risk their entire career as well as credibility of the government as a whole just to discredit conspiracy theorists? It's exactly that line of thinking that has me side-eying this entire discussion. It's self-important and tasteless. Unless you have a really good reason, then I give you the benefit of the doubt that you were simply posting your initial thoughts without really thinking that through.

Also, sorry I don't like that video, saw it yesterday. Undecided
I said perhaps the conspiracy theory was 'designed' to make conspiracy theorists look bad, I never said that was the main theme. Can a conspiracy not have more than one goal? I mean making an incident surrounding the shooting of grade school children has got to be a ploy to try and get tighter gun laws. Not that I'd mind making it more difficult for criminals to get a hold of guns. From what I heard he got these from his mother's collection (the shooter that is). From what I know on a personal basis is that women aren't the ones who normally own guns. It's men, and from what I know there's no reason for a person to own more than 1 pistol. And here the women own's 4 guns. and that was just 'part' of her collection. And she was a teacher at the school from what I heard. From what I know teacher's aren't very big gun collectors. Something to do with their shitty pay I think. So here we have a mother AND a teacher that collects guns. Talk about a minority eh? You want to know how much I paid for mine? 400$ for a 9mm beretta, and that WAS the cheap one. Looking at the pic that's at least 1,000$ in guns. Not including bullets. And that was just 'part' of her collection. Personally I'd LOVE to see this woman's collection.

Quote:The
child was her sister. The dress was Emelie's. You can tell its a little
big when you look at the photograph the parents released and the girl
with the president....

But you're not going to go out of your way
to look at for at the fact....no....you're going to watch a six minute
YouTube video made by a crackpot and say that's all the evidence you
require to prove it didn't happen at all.
Quote:What's
even more telling is that he raves about his dispassionate interest in
evidence while simultaneously, in this thread, spouting the very mantra
of the close-minded conspiracy idiot, the one true mantra that takes
this nut out of the general population and drops him into the category
of clueless, delusional, paranoid conspiracy moron:

"nothing you can say will change my mind".

Yep,
that's the mantra of the conspiracy wackjob, and the minute they say
it, or paraphrase it, you know you're dealing with an irrational
paranoid who won't listen to to reason, evidence, or reality.

Did he say it? Yep:

Quote:I'd
be more than willing to give the interview a browse but I'm not going
to go out of my way to look for it. But it won't change my opinion

Yah, he starts off sounding like his mind is open, but the mantra rears its ugly narrow-minded head and shows his true colors.

I've already stated my dislike for eye-witness testimonies. So if I don't trust eye-witness testimonies how on earth do you expect to change my mind by giving eye-witnesses? Everything in the original video does look very skeptical and has some pretty good points in it as well. I mean if I was a parent who had just lost my child in a school shooting. I wouldn't smile for a while and I certainly wouldn't be laughing for a very long while. As for momsurroundedbyboys/girls/children whatever it is. I have asked her to provide me the link which shows that it was emily's sister in the photo. That is what I consider evidence. She has yet to share the link she found with me though.

As for the content inside your post and how this is what I think about you.

And this is how I feel about you.

Now it doesn't matter if I'm right or wrong, but it does matter on how a person presents themselves when they're trying to have a logical debate with someone. And name calling them isn't very progressive for either side.

(15-01-2013 06:27 PM)kineo Wrote:  Good share- this video pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.

I can not understand how you could thank him for a meaningless post that had nothing to do with evidence but more about feelings and emotions.
16-01-2013, 12:01 AM
(15-01-2013 10:58 PM)Nappa Wrote:  I said perhaps the conspiracy theory was 'designed' to make conspiracy theorists look bad, I never said that was the main theme. Can a conspiracy not have more than one goal? I mean making an incident surrounding the shooting of grade school children has got to be a ploy to try and get tighter gun laws. Not that I'd mind making it more difficult for criminals to get a hold of guns. From what I heard he got these from his mother's collection (the shooter that is). From what I know on a personal basis is that women aren't the ones who normally own guns. It's men, and from what I know there's no reason for a person to own more than 1 pistol. And here the women own's 4 guns. and that was just 'part' of her collection. And she was a teacher at the school from what I heard. From what I know teacher's aren't very big gun collectors. Something to do with their shitty pay I think. So here we have a mother AND a teacher that collects guns. Talk about a minority eh? You want to know how much I paid for mine? 400$ for a 9mm beretta, and that WAS the cheap one. Looking at the pic that's at least 1,000$ in guns. Not including bullets. And that was just 'part' of her collection. Personally I'd LOVE to see this woman's collection.

That is a whole load of generalization there. I work with a woman who owns guns- she brags about the guns she owns. She actively goes shooting. More women are being active gun owners and collectors. It sounds like you're making a number of assumptions aimed at discrediting the likely of her having owned the guns she owned: she's on a teacher's salary and couldn't afford guns, she's a woman and women don't like guns, she's a teacher and teachers are liberals, liberals don't like guns, etc. All of these are generalizations that don't mesh with the complex reality of individual people.

I have a liberal atheist brother who is a gun collector. He doesn't have a high salary as far as I know, yet he owns several thousand dollars with of guns and gun accessories. He's been able to trade collectables and favors to acquire what he wants.

And all of that is beside the point. It's absurd to me this idea that it would be orchestrated with any sort of intent (secondary or otherwise) to discredit conspiracy theorists. Talk about a victim complex and the height of paranoia. The federal government has it in their mind to swat down a few thousand conspiracy theorists for what, ultimately?

(15-01-2013 10:58 PM)Nappa Wrote:  I can not understand how you could thank him for a meaningless post that had nothing to do with evidence but more about feelings and emotions.

Because reasons. Because I agree with it, and it mirrors closely what I think and how I feel about this bullshit of a conspiracy theory.
16-01-2013, 12:24 AM
(16-01-2013 12:01 AM)kineo Wrote:  
(15-01-2013 10:58 PM)Nappa Wrote:  I said perhaps the conspiracy theory was 'designed' to make conspiracy theorists look bad, I never said that was the main theme. Can a conspiracy not have more than one goal? I mean making an incident surrounding the shooting of grade school children has got to be a ploy to try and get tighter gun laws. Not that I'd mind making it more difficult for criminals to get a hold of guns. From what I heard he got these from his mother's collection (the shooter that is). From what I know on a personal basis is that women aren't the ones who normally own guns. It's men, and from what I know there's no reason for a person to own more than 1 pistol. And here the women own's 4 guns. and that was just 'part' of her collection. And she was a teacher at the school from what I heard. From what I know teacher's aren't very big gun collectors. Something to do with their shitty pay I think. So here we have a mother AND a teacher that collects guns. Talk about a minority eh? You want to know how much I paid for mine? 400$ for a 9mm beretta, and that WAS the cheap one. Looking at the pic that's at least 1,000$ in guns. Not including bullets. And that was just 'part' of her collection. Personally I'd LOVE to see this woman's collection.

That is a whole load of generalization there. I work with a woman who owns guns- she brags about the guns she owns. She actively goes shooting. More women are being active gun owners and collectors. It sounds like you're making a number of assumptions aimed at discrediting the likely of her having owned the guns she owned: she's on a teacher's salary and couldn't afford guns, she's a woman and women don't like guns, she's a teacher and teachers are liberals, liberals don't like guns, etc. All of these are generalizations that don't mesh with the complex reality of individual people.

I have a liberal atheist brother who is a gun collector. He doesn't have a high salary as far as I know, yet he owns several thousand dollars with of guns and gun accessories. He's been able to trade collectables and favors to acquire what he wants.

And all of that is beside the point. It's absurd to me this idea that it would be orchestrated with any sort of intent (secondary or otherwise) to discredit conspiracy theorists. Talk about a victim complex and the height of paranoia. The federal government has it in their mind to swat down a few thousand conspiracy theorists for what, ultimately?

(15-01-2013 10:58 PM)Nappa Wrote:  I can not understand how you could thank him for a meaningless post that had nothing to do with evidence but more about feelings and emotions.

Because reasons. Because I agree with it, and it mirrors closely what I think and how I feel about this bullshit of a conspiracy theory.
I was just stating my observations in my life, the only woman I've known that owned a gun was my manager at my old job. And even then she only owned a pistol and a rifle. While I know several men who own guns. My father, my brother, me, two of my uncles (one of whom had a shit ton of guns, mostly old, but still a shit ton till he died, now he owns nothing) and at least one of my friends (the others I don't know if they own one or not). Hmm pardon me that's only six. Bottom line is I've seen more men with guns than women. And I WASN'T counting military or police officers, that would be kind of unfair. Drinking Beverage

And I've never known any of my teachers to own a gun and I was pretty tight with quite a few of my teachers.

Also I refrain from calling anything bullshit other than a bull's shit. At least when I'm trying to think critically, the more you insult something without giving it the benefit of the doubt. The more you'll likely believe the opposite without questioning it.
16-01-2013, 12:41 AM
Why should I waste my time providing you any evidence, especially if its information that's readily available to anyone who can use a computer? You've made it clear you won't bother reading and it won't change your mind -- what's the point? If your curious, by all means conduct your own research.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...