Sandy Nook School Shooting Nonsense

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2013, 11:56 PM
Sandy Nook School Shooting Nonsense
I am very liberal. One of the issues I'm not liberal on, is gun control. Honestly, those hippy fucktards who want to take guns out of the hands of all are some of the dumbest people out there.
My opinion is, that if you're a responsible American adult citizen with a criminal record absent of any felony and with no severe mental illnesses, then you're fit to own a firearm.
Most gun crimes happen in poor areas, so instead of wasting time and money into putting new gun laws into effect, why don't we educate people in poor areas? It's just simple logic.
Also, with the whole Sandy Nook Shooting outrage, must I remind you that due to the fact that we live in an age of instant media, we get need within minutes of these events occurring. If this whole Sandy Nook thing were to have happened fifty years ago, it would have went unnoticed.
The media is always trying to get people to think a certain way. Now, they want people to support gun control.
It's bullshit.
If the hippies were to get their way, then crime would either stay the same, or increase. Crime would potentially stay the same, as criminals would always have firepower. They could make an entire monopoly through an illegal arms trade, just like the gangsters did with alcohol during prohibition.
443,000 people die annually, and you don't see these hippies being passionate about tobacco laws.
I've done the math, and from this year's statistic ( http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-drivers), the chance of you perishing from a gunshot wound in your lifetime if you live in the United States is 0.002 percent. That's 1 in 5,000.
It's 1 AM as of now, I'm tired, I'd love to write some more, but I have to get up early tomorrow.
See ya'.

Cool story, bro. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2013, 12:08 AM
Re: Sandy Nook School Shooting Nonsense
How dare you compare firearms to other way more deadly things,or that banning things can actually be worse .thats not the point. Guns are evil killing machines that are made for one thing, killing 5th graders. Other countries that never really even had guns have banned them, and they are like way better off, I can prove it with my non-biased statistics that I cherry pick info from to support my knee jerk, uninformed,emotionally charged agenda. You are mean!

PS: AK15 high capacity assaulting clip silencer scope.
Find all posts by this user
02-01-2013, 01:07 AM
RE: Sandy Nook School Shooting Nonsense
(01-01-2013 11:56 PM)Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day Wrote:  Most gun crimes happen in poor areas, so instead of wasting time and money into putting new gun laws into effect, why don't we educate people in poor areas? It's just simple logic.
Quality idea; which is why it's been attempted to be done by many.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
02-01-2013, 01:46 AM
Your arguments are valid but your math is not. 0.002% is 1 in 50,000. I am not vetting your stat, just correcting the math.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
02-01-2013, 02:03 AM
Technically, you are liberal on guns, while it's most liberals who take an authoritarian stance on the matter.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
02-01-2013, 07:49 AM
Education is expensive - it's the implementation of gun laws that is comparatively cheap Wink

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
03-01-2013, 01:09 AM
If you combine the populations of Great Britian, France, Germany, Japan, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark and Austraila you'll get a population roughly the same size as the United States. The US averages around 30,000 gun deaths a year, where all these other nations combined never break 200. Do you think this is because Americans are more homicidal by nature or do you think it's because the other nations all have gun control laws?

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."

- Christopher Hitchens

"For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain."
- Gene Roddenberry
03-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the countries that have taken all the guns away from legal gun owners still have major problems with criminal still having guns.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
03-01-2013, 01:39 PM
(03-01-2013 01:09 AM)Peter_24601 Wrote:  If you combine the populations of Great Britian, France, Germany, Japan, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark and Austraila you'll get a population roughly the same size as the United States. The US averages around 30,000 gun deaths a year, where all these other nations combined never break 200. Do you think this is because Americans are more homicidal by nature or do you think it's because the other nations all have gun control laws?
30,000? You're way off, sir.
The difference between America and the countries you mentioned is that the average person is more educated.
How many homicides have you heard about in upper middle-class white neighborhoods?
Most gun violence happens in poor areas.
We need to stop stripping Americans of their constitutionally guaranteed rights and start educating people.

03-01-2013, 01:40 PM
(03-01-2013 11:08 AM)smidgen Wrote:  Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the countries that have taken all the guns away from legal gun owners still have major problems with criminal still having guns.
Criminals are always going to have guns.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Pledge of Allegiance in School TSW 33 503 16-06-2014 05:59 PM
Last Post: Hifi
  Boys Expelled From School for Toy Guns at their Home Dark Light 18 806 26-09-2013 06:36 PM
Last Post: I Am
  France's school secularism charter GaëlK7 2 291 17-09-2013 04:06 PM
Last Post: Free Thought
  High School Teacher Turned Congressman Schools House Republicans GirlyMan 5 427 11-07-2013 05:49 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan
  AZ- no high school graduation unless take oath to god Bows and Arrows 6 520 24-06-2013 11:50 PM
Last Post: Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver
  Seatbelts On School Buses Misenhelter 11 467 07-04-2013 07:12 PM
Last Post: TheLogicalAthiest
  Problems with the school system... from a inside perspective dylan mckev 2 289 27-03-2013 08:30 PM
Last Post: dylan mckev