Santa Claus was invented by the church.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
24-07-2014, 12:09 AM
Santa Claus was invented by the church.
This is my own conspiracy theory.

Let's take the proporities of Santa.

Santa is Magical.
Contradictory Origins and stories to keep you confused.
He knows everything you are doing at all times.
Which means he knows if you are good or bad based on Christian morals.
When the year is up he puts you under "judgement".
If you are good you are rewarded.
If you are bad you are punished.

Now, let's take god and Jesus etc.

They are magical
Contradictory origins to keep you confused.
They know everything you are doing at all times
Which means they know if you are good or bad based on Christian morals.
When the your life is up, they put you under "judgement".
If you are good you are rewarded

Sound eeriely similar?

I purpose that "Santa" was NOT invented by the man that society and the government and history text books "claim" did so. He was NOT invented by a marketer or by big business. But, by the church instead to help brainwash children into believing in god.

Now, lets take the premise of Christmas. We already know its about gift giving now and days right? Well, it always wasn't like that.

Now, we take a child. Tell him magic exists and tell him god exists and if he is good he will be rewarded with all the pain he has to go through with life etc.

But, people can easily loose their faith after a lifetime of pain or a whole childhood of getting nothing in life or any rewards for being good for so long. So, how do we fix this? By adding reward for being "good" in their mortal life.

So, while they are growing up as a small child. They believe this Santa guy is real and if they be good little Christians and be "good". They will get rewarded by Santa.

Gifts come at Christmas and they see fruits of them being good and are INDOCTRINATED with the belief that a Reward Vs Punishment system is the ONLY logical thing that can exist. If you are not rewarded you are punished and vice versa.

So, even when they discover that Santa is not real. God is still real and they have already been indoctrinated with the belief through psychological techniques that reward good behavior and punish bad behavior in favor of them acting and behaving in a favorable manner. They have been conditioned to accept this kind of thing in life. Thus, when Santa does not exist but..oh..well we were not lying about god. Santa is just a fun childs thing parents do. They will be far more likely to believe in God and Christianity because they are conditioned to accept Reward vs punishment and be fearful of that punishment so much that they will just accept it as being true.

I..am terrible at explaining things but I hope you get were I am going with this.

Do you see the connections like I do? DO YA?! Its so freaking plainly obvious that I cannot fathom it being any other way!

SANTA IS A CHURCH MIND CONTROL DEVICE!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
24-07-2014, 12:58 AM
RE: Santa Claus was invented by the church.
How do you know that it was not the other way around... that gods were invented to make Santa more plausible?

extract from Minutes of Elves Marketing meeting 28/12/1341:
Agenda Item #3

Sad Elf noted that belief-rates had fallen again this year.
Dolorous Elf pondered as to why children were no longer believing in magic or indulging in wishful-dreaming given the current levels or squalor and poverty.
Happy Elf suggested increasing the levels of misery to encourage more wishful-thinking.
Bright Elf suggested that perhaps children found the idea of a Bacchus-like gift-giver was not believable enough.
Twinkly Elf wondered what would happen if there was something even more ludicrous that we could use as a comparison in an ad campaign e.g. "Santa... not as dumb as heliocentrism" or Greek atomic theory etc.
Squishy Elf noted that these comparisons wouldn't work as they are potentially falsifiable.
Satanic Elf suggested inventing a being that might be more un-disprovable than Santa.

Actions:
All team members to brain-storm "An Un-Disprovable Being" before next week's meeting.
Happy Elf to write a Business Case to determine funding options for "misery potion" (working title "Black Death").

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
24-07-2014, 01:42 AM
Santa is a child abuser. He comes into the child's bedroom at night with the offer of presents whilst wearing a disguise. He's a magical being so isn't accountable. He knows if the child has been good or bad and buys the child's silence with presents. As historical folk-lore it's rather disturbing.

Now think about these song lyrics:

Quote:You better watch out
You better not cry
You better not pout
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is coming to town

He's making a list,
Checking it twice;
Gonna find out who's naughty or nice.

He sees you when you're sleeping
He knows when you're awake
He knows if you've been bad or good
So be good for goodness sake
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
24-07-2014, 04:59 AM
Ok!

So how about Santa was invented as a little lie! So kids could get to experience little lies as the trout! And as a little fibs goes it's not too bad!
However, when we get the CJ, we then mixed up with the Santa its harder to separate them as a child!
So when the big lie came along we where primed to believe it!

This hypothesis may explain it for children but it does not work when an atheist goes in to religion..

K:

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!
24-07-2014, 05:10 AM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2014 07:33 AM by ClydeLee.)
Re: RE: Santa Claus was invented by the church.
(24-07-2014 01:42 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Santa is a child abuser. He comes into the child's bedroom at night with the offer of presents whilst wearing a disguise. He's a magical being so isn't accountable. He knows if the child has been good or bad and buys the child's silence with presents. As historical folk-lore it's rather disturbing.

You better not cry
You better not pout
I'm telling you why

He's making a list,
Checking it twice;

That song always disturbed me once it hits that concept of... For goodness sake!! That's normally a phrase said in a frantic or disproving way.

The song does not have connotations of presents or ANY reward. Its Just be good for goodness sake...... Or else.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
24-07-2014, 07:29 AM
(24-07-2014 05:10 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(24-07-2014 01:42 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Santa is a child abuser. He comes into the child's bedroom at night with the offer of presents whilst wearing a disguise. He's a magical being so isn't accountable. He knows if the child has been good or bad and buys the child's silence with presents. As historical folk-lore it's rather disturbing.

That sing always disturbed me once it hits that concept of... For goodness sake!! That's normally a phrase said in a frantic or disproving way.

The song does not have connotations of presents or ANY reward. Its Just be good for goodness sake...... Or else.

Just be good for goodness sake? I think this Santa chap is a heretic in disguise. You just follow the commandments because God said so, not because they are good!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
24-07-2014, 09:40 AM

You better not cry
You better not pout
I'm telling you why

He's making a list,
Checking it twice;

Actually, what those lyrics paint a picture of is God. The Santa myth is a means of getting g children on board with the idea of an all seeing man who sees everything they do and rewards or punishes them for behavior.

Santa is based on an actual person, who was sanctified by the Catholic Church over 1,000 years ago.

What he is not is a harmless myth, though.

And, I suppose he also fits the description of a child abuser too.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
24-07-2014, 10:10 AM
I thought that was clear enough by the use of the word "Santa" Consider

In Greece, it's not Saint Nicholas who brings gifts, but Basil of Caesarea, who is a clearly religious figure. He supposedly died on January 1st, which is when Greek children get their gifts.

As far as I know, this custom has been around for a very long time here and it's strictly connected to religion.

I agree with what you're saying though.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
24-07-2014, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2014 10:43 AM by Adrianime.)
Hmm, what is the point of making a conspiracy theory about Santa, when you could just look up his history and origins...

Edit: I see, you are saying the things you can learn are unreliable. Well, have fun!

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
24-07-2014, 11:14 AM
(24-07-2014 12:09 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  This is my own conspiracy theory.

Let's take the proporities of Santa.

Santa is Magical.
Contradictory Origins and stories to keep you confused.
He knows everything you are doing at all times.
Which means he knows if you are good or bad based on Christian morals.
When the year is up he puts you under "judgement".
If you are good you are rewarded.

Now, let's take god and Jesus etc.

They are magical
Contradictory origins to keep you confused.
They know everything you are doing at all times
Which means they know if you are good or bad based on Christian morals.
When the your life is up, they put you under "judgement".
If you are good you are rewarded

Sound eeriely similar?

I purpose that "Santa" was NOT invented by the man that society and the government and history text books "claim" did so. He was NOT invented by a marketer or by big business. But, by the church instead to help brainwash children into believing in god.

Now, lets take the premise of Christmas. We already know its about gift giving now and days right? Well, it always wasn't like that.

Now, we take a child. Tell him magic exists and tell him god exists and if he is good he will be rewarded with all the pain he has to go through with life etc.

But, people can easily loose their faith after a lifetime of pain or a whole childhood of getting nothing in life or any rewards for being good for so long. So, how do we fix this? By adding reward for being "good" in their mortal life.

So, while they are growing up as a small child. They believe this Santa guy is real and if they be good little Christians and be "good". They will get rewarded by Santa.

Gifts come at Christmas and they see fruits of them being good and are INDOCTRINATED with the belief that a Reward Vs Punishment system is the ONLY logical thing that can exist. If you are not rewarded you are punished and vice versa.

So, even when they discover that Santa is not real. God is still real and they have already been indoctrinated with the belief through psychological techniques that reward good behavior and punish bad behavior in favor of them acting and behaving in a favorable manner. They have been conditioned to accept this kind of thing in life. Thus, when Santa does not exist but..oh..well we were not lying about god. Santa is just a fun childs thing parents do. They will be far more likely to believe in God and Christianity because they are conditioned to accept Reward vs punishment and be fearful of that punishment so much that they will just accept it as being true.

I..am terrible at explaining things but I hope you get were I am going with this.

Do you see the connections like I do? DO YA?! Its so freaking plainly obvious that I cannot fathom it being any other way!

SANTA IS A CHURCH MIND CONTROL DEVICE!

Actually we can blame coca-cola for Santa...or maybe their ad agency...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post