Santa Claus was invented by the church.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
24-07-2014, 03:26 PM
RE: Santa Claus was invented by the church.
(24-07-2014 10:10 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I thought that was clear enough by the use of the word "Santa" Consider

In Greece, it's not Saint Nicholas who brings gifts, but Basil of Caesarea, who is a clearly religious figure. He supposedly died on January 1st, which is when Greek children get their gifts.

As far as I know, this custom has been around for a very long time here and it's strictly connected to religion.

I agree with what you're saying though.

St. Nicholas is strictly connected to religion too. There was a real St. Nicholas over a millennium ago. How he evolved into Santa Claus is not clear to me, but everything about him is overly religious and always has been.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2014, 03:37 PM
(24-07-2014 03:26 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(24-07-2014 10:10 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I thought that was clear enough by the use of the word "Santa" Consider

In Greece, it's not Saint Nicholas who brings gifts, but Basil of Caesarea, who is a clearly religious figure. He supposedly died on January 1st, which is when Greek children get their gifts.

As far as I know, this custom has been around for a very long time here and it's strictly connected to religion.

I agree with what you're saying though.

St. Nicholas is strictly connected to religion too. There was a real St. Nicholas over a millennium ago. How he evolved into Santa Claus is not clear to me, but everything about him is overly religious and always has been.

I acknowledged that in my very first sentence actually.

I just mentioned the Greek tradition to say that the custom is very old and has only slightly changed.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
24-07-2014, 04:07 PM
I love this serious satire....

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
24-07-2014, 04:56 PM
The sad part is that I am torn between two things. Even though I am almost certain I will never have children ( due to the fact I am 29 and never even been on a date as no woman wants anything to do with me), If I were too I would be torn between not spreadng the lie and giving it to them.

Only because I remember as a child the "magic" I felt when I believed in magic and that magic was real. Almost like I could use magic or psychic powers myself like in pokemon and stuff.

I remember hearing footsteps on the roof and chains ratteling which I now know as my dad doing something special for me.

But knowing, or having my suspicions of where the Mythos of Santa itself may have kept evolving from. I am not so sure it would be worth it.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
01-08-2014, 07:16 PM
Wasn't he originally based on some Russian religious priest or something that used to provide for the poor folk, and got in trouble for abusing the rich for not sharing their wealth and providing charity to those in need? That's what a Russian guy I worked with told me. (Too lazy to wiki.)
02-08-2014, 08:01 PM
(01-08-2014 07:16 PM)kiwihogfiend Wrote:  Wasn't he originally based on some Russian religious priest or something that used to provide for the poor folk, and got in trouble for abusing the rich for not sharing their wealth and providing charity to those in need? That's what a Russian guy I worked with told me. (Too lazy to wiki.)

Nope. The original dude was middle eastern. Turkey, I think.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
25-08-2014, 09:00 AM
Santa Claus is an allegoric variation of Christ which is why we can see similarities. Religion is based on a complex allegoric system in which each real world idea can be expressed in multiple ways. The Gnostics exposed the truth about this allegory which resulted in the "crucifixion" of the "Word". The defenders of the allegory launched a wide spread campaign of disinformation (i.e. Philo) and censorship ("tax collecting") to undo the damage caused by the Gnostics. The disinformation campaign included an alternative form of allegoric interpretation which was employed to corrupt the teachings of the Gnostics and Christianity was born. Thus at the time of Christianity's birth "good" and "evil" were at "war". Christ's acceptance of "sinners" refers to his connections to the Gnostics.

Santa Clause gives us a choice. We can do "evil" and get the "lump of coal" that represents the ugly truth uncovered by the Gnostics or we can be "good" and get the "gift wrapped" account.

If other atheists would just take the time to treat Biblical allegory as a code, they would see what I see.
25-08-2014, 10:16 AM
I thought it was a Pagan thing? Based on Odin

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
25-08-2014, 10:18 AM
(24-07-2014 12:09 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  This is my own conspiracy theory.

Let's take the proporities of Santa.

Santa is Magical.
Contradictory Origins and stories to keep you confused.
He knows everything you are doing at all times.
Which means he knows if you are good or bad based on Christian morals.
When the year is up he puts you under "judgement".
If you are good you are rewarded.
If you are bad you are punished.

Now, let's take god and Jesus etc.

They are magical
Contradictory origins to keep you confused.
They know everything you are doing at all times
Which means they know if you are good or bad based on Christian morals.
When the your life is up, they put you under "judgement".
If you are good you are rewarded
If you are bad you are punished.

Sound eeriely similar?

I purpose that "Santa" was NOT invented by the man that society and the government and history text books "claim" did so. He was NOT invented by a marketer or by big business. But, by the church instead to help brainwash children into believing in god.

Now, lets take the premise of Christmas. We already know its about gift giving now and days right? Well, it always wasn't like that.

Now, we take a child. Tell him magic exists and tell him god exists and if he is good he will be rewarded with all the pain he has to go through with life etc.

But, people can easily loose their faith after a lifetime of pain or a whole childhood of getting nothing in life or any rewards for being good for so long. So, how do we fix this? By adding reward for being "good" in their mortal life.

So, while they are growing up as a small child. They believe this Santa guy is real and if they be good little Christians and be "good". They will get rewarded by Santa.

Gifts come at Christmas and they see fruits of them being good and are INDOCTRINATED with the belief that a Reward Vs Punishment system is the ONLY logical thing that can exist. If you are not rewarded you are punished and vice versa.

So, even when they discover that Santa is not real. God is still real and they have already been indoctrinated with the belief through psychological techniques that reward good behavior and punish bad behavior in favor of them acting and behaving in a favorable manner. They have been conditioned to accept this kind of thing in life. Thus, when Santa does not exist but..oh..well we were not lying about god. Santa is just a fun childs thing parents do. They will be far more likely to believe in God and Christianity because they are conditioned to accept Reward vs punishment and be fearful of that punishment so much that they will just accept it as being true.

I..am terrible at explaining things but I hope you get were I am going with this.

Do you see the connections like I do? DO YA?! Its so freaking plainly obvious that I cannot fathom it being any other way!

SANTA IS A CHURCH MIND CONTROL DEVICE!
Evidence? Consider

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
26-08-2014, 06:49 AM
(25-08-2014 09:00 AM)Anti-oil Wrote:  Santa Claus is an allegoric variation of Christ which is why we can see similarities. Religion is based on a complex allegoric system in which each real world idea can be expressed in multiple ways. The Gnostics exposed the truth about this allegory which resulted in the "crucifixion" of the "Word". The defenders of the allegory launched a wide spread campaign of disinformation (i.e. Philo) and censorship ("tax collecting") to undo the damage caused by the Gnostics. The disinformation campaign included an alternative form of allegoric interpretation which was employed to corrupt the teachings of the Gnostics and Christianity was born. Thus at the time of Christianity's birth "good" and "evil" were at "war". Christ's acceptance of "sinners" refers to his connections to the Gnostics.

Santa Clause gives us a choice. We can do "evil" and get the "lump of coal" that represents the ugly truth uncovered by the Gnostics or we can be "good" and get the "gift wrapped" account.

If other atheists would just take the time to treat Biblical allegory as a code, they would see what I see.

As a code for what?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user