Santa Claus was invented by the church.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
26-08-2014, 10:12 AM
RE: Santa Claus was invented by the church.
(24-07-2014 11:14 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(24-07-2014 12:09 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  This is my own conspiracy theory.

Let's take the proporities of Santa.

Santa is Magical.
Contradictory Origins and stories to keep you confused.
He knows everything you are doing at all times.
Which means he knows if you are good or bad based on Christian morals.
When the year is up he puts you under "judgement".
If you are good you are rewarded.
If you are bad you are punished.

Now, let's take god and Jesus etc.

They are magical
Contradictory origins to keep you confused.
They know everything you are doing at all times
Which means they know if you are good or bad based on Christian morals.
When the your life is up, they put you under "judgement".
If you are good you are rewarded
If you are bad you are punished.

Sound eeriely similar?

I purpose that "Santa" was NOT invented by the man that society and the government and history text books "claim" did so. He was NOT invented by a marketer or by big business. But, by the church instead to help brainwash children into believing in god.

Now, lets take the premise of Christmas. We already know its about gift giving now and days right? Well, it always wasn't like that.

Now, we take a child. Tell him magic exists and tell him god exists and if he is good he will be rewarded with all the pain he has to go through with life etc.

But, people can easily loose their faith after a lifetime of pain or a whole childhood of getting nothing in life or any rewards for being good for so long. So, how do we fix this? By adding reward for being "good" in their mortal life.

So, while they are growing up as a small child. They believe this Santa guy is real and if they be good little Christians and be "good". They will get rewarded by Santa.

Gifts come at Christmas and they see fruits of them being good and are INDOCTRINATED with the belief that a Reward Vs Punishment system is the ONLY logical thing that can exist. If you are not rewarded you are punished and vice versa.

So, even when they discover that Santa is not real. God is still real and they have already been indoctrinated with the belief through psychological techniques that reward good behavior and punish bad behavior in favor of them acting and behaving in a favorable manner. They have been conditioned to accept this kind of thing in life. Thus, when Santa does not exist but..oh..well we were not lying about god. Santa is just a fun childs thing parents do. They will be far more likely to believe in God and Christianity because they are conditioned to accept Reward vs punishment and be fearful of that punishment so much that they will just accept it as being true.

I..am terrible at explaining things but I hope you get were I am going with this.

Do you see the connections like I do? DO YA?! Its so freaking plainly obvious that I cannot fathom it being any other way!

SANTA IS A CHURCH MIND CONTROL DEVICE!

Actually we can blame coca-cola for Santa...or maybe their ad agency...

That and the poem "The Night Before Christmas" by Clement Moore. Also cartoonist, Thomas Nast did cartoons of Santa Claus in Harpers Weekly back in like the 1860's.

The modern Santa Claus reminds me of the recent inclusion of a Charlie Brown "Christmas Tree" being a thing at Christmas. It all sort of weaves itself into peoples consciousness and then becomes part of the culture.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2014, 10:30 AM
Um I cannot tell you the exact time when that character was invented. But the Coca Cola company was the one that popularized it's image and started it as a source of marketing tool.

Still just as immoral and Orwellian concept as a god. Watches everything you do and uses a threat bribe system to control you.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-08-2014, 10:57 AM
(26-08-2014 10:30 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Um I cannot tell you the exact time when that character was invented. But the Coca Cola company was the one that popularized it's image and started it as a source of marketing tool.

Still just as immoral and Orwellian concept as a god. Watches everything you do and uses a threat bribe system to control you.

Not Coca Cola. Google "Santa Thomas Nast" Drinking Beverage

[Image: GS-Merry-Santa-L.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
26-08-2014, 11:23 AM
(26-08-2014 10:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 10:30 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Um I cannot tell you the exact time when that character was invented. But the Coca Cola company was the one that popularized it's image and started it as a source of marketing tool.

Not Coca Cola. Google "Santa Thomas Nast" Drinking Beverage

Notice where I said Coke DID NOT INVENT THE CHARACTER.

I said they were the most successful at marketing the character.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
26-08-2014, 11:33 AM
(26-08-2014 11:23 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 10:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  Not Coca Cola. Google "Santa Thomas Nast" Drinking Beverage

Notice where I said Coke DID NOT INVENT THE CHARACTER.

I said they were the most successful at marketing the character.

And you also said you didn't know when that depiction was invented.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
26-08-2014, 07:40 PM
What's kind of interesting though is that as adults, we stopped believing in Santa but many of us still believed in a god... Undecided

Guess all that gullibility doesn't just wash away with childhood.

Be true to yourself. Heart
26-08-2014, 08:27 PM
(26-08-2014 07:40 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  What's kind of interesting though is that as adults, we stopped believing in Santa but many of us still believed in a god... Undecided

Guess all that gullibility doesn't just wash away with childhood.

Helps when after 6 years of writing to Santa, that Pony (or Transformer action figure) hasn't shown up yet! Really helps when after 12 years, grandma recruits you to help sneak "Santa's" gifts under the tree after all the young-ins have gone to sleep Laugh out load
Jesus gets that whole "you'll see only after your dead " thang, and they never stop pretending with you Tongue
Jeebus: "Check mate, Santa!" Evil_monster

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
26-08-2014, 11:00 PM

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
04-09-2014, 09:03 AM
(26-08-2014 06:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-08-2014 09:00 AM)Anti-oil Wrote:  Santa Claus is an allegoric variation of Christ which is why we can see similarities. Religion is based on a complex allegoric system in which each real world idea can be expressed in multiple ways. The Gnostics exposed the truth about this allegory which resulted in the "crucifixion" of the "Word". The defenders of the allegory launched a wide spread campaign of disinformation (i.e. Philo) and censorship ("tax collecting") to undo the damage caused by the Gnostics. The disinformation campaign included an alternative form of allegoric interpretation which was employed to corrupt the teachings of the Gnostics and Christianity was born. Thus at the time of Christianity's birth "good" and "evil" were at "war". Christ's acceptance of "sinners" refers to his connections to the Gnostics.

Santa Clause gives us a choice. We can do "evil" and get the "lump of coal" that represents the ugly truth uncovered by the Gnostics or we can be "good" and get the "gift wrapped" account.

If other atheists would just take the time to treat Biblical allegory as a code, they would see what I see.

As a code for what?
The allegory communicates a hidden history as well as rules governing how the allegory works. Real world meanings are transmitted orally and everything else regarding the allegory is communicated allegorically. Many believe that allegory can mean anything one wants it to mean, but that is because each real world idea has been assigned multiple metaphors so multiple "interpretations" can be logically supported. Once real world meanings are correctly identified, the allegory starts to make real world sense. For example "water" is a metaphor for writings, and since a Sumerian legend is found aboard the Ark, the "Flood" can be viewed as an allegory about the replacement of cuneiform with the Phoenician alphabet.
04-09-2014, 06:14 PM
(25-08-2014 10:16 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I thought it was a Pagan thing? Based on Odin

I thought that also. From Wikipedia:
"The god Odin's role during the Yuletide period has been theorized as having influenced concepts of St. Nicholas in a variety of facets, including his long white beard and his gray horse for nightly rides (see Odin's horse Sleipnir), which was traded for reindeer in North America.[18] Margaret Baker comments that "The appearance of Santa Claus or Father Christmas, whose day is 25th of December, owes much to Odin, the old blue-hooded, cloaked, white-bearded Giftbringer of the north, who rode the midwinter sky on his eight-footed steed Sleipnir, visiting his people with gifts. … Odin, transformed into Father Christmas, then Santa Claus, prospered with St Nicholas and the Christchild became a leading player on the Christmas stage."
Looks like the christians didn't invent Santa, they stole him!