Santa and Jesus - "Catholics Come Home"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2014, 08:55 AM
Santa and Jesus - "Catholics Come Home"
So a Catholic group started airing this commercial today. They put Santa, a pretend mythical figure in the same shot with Jesus. I couldn't help but chuckle, maybe they are finally getting the idea deep down somewhere in their subconscious.......
In the next one maybe they could get Zeus in there too.

I think it also tells you a lot about your own religion when you have to basically shamelessly beg people to come back. Do I hear the faint sound of a fat lady somewhere in the far distance?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2014, 09:00 AM
RE: Santa and Jesus - "Catholics Come Home"
(27-11-2014 08:55 AM)Superluminal Wrote:  So a Catholic group started airing this commercial today. They put Santa, a pretend mythical figure in the same shot with Jesus. I couldn't help but chuckle, maybe they are finally getting the idea deep down somewhere in their subconscious.......
In the next one maybe they could get Zeus in there too.

I think it also tells you a lot about your own religion when you have to basically shamelessly beg people to come back. Do I hear the faint sound of a fat lady somewhere in the far distance?

It would be great if when Santa pulled off the blanket he’d find under it the Easter Bunny.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
27-11-2014, 09:29 AM
I love it when santa is depicted at the manger with baby jesus, though i am not sure where people get the idea where santa is a christian.
anyone notice how white baby jesus is? Lol
27-11-2014, 09:37 AM
(27-11-2014 09:29 AM)Gordon Blue Wrote:  I love it when santa is depicted at the manger with baby jesus, though i am not sure where people get the idea where santa is a christian.

Santa Claus means Saint Nicholas. He was a 4th century Bishop of turkey who slapped Arius at the council of Nicaea.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
27-11-2014, 09:54 AM
(27-11-2014 09:37 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(27-11-2014 09:29 AM)Gordon Blue Wrote:  I love it when santa is depicted at the manger with baby jesus, though i am not sure where people get the idea where santa is a christian.

Santa Claus means Saint Nicholas. He was a 4th century Bishop of turkey who slapped Arius at the council of Nicaea.

You learn something new everyday.
so, saint nicolas is still around after some 1700 years doing something annually that doesn't promote christianity, that is, until we see this little advert?
I am just being difficult
27-11-2014, 12:00 PM
That is the whitest little baby Jesus I've ever seen as well. I didn't know the original nativity happened in northern Sweden, I always thought the claim was that it was the Middle East......