Santorum just dropped out!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2012, 12:37 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2012 12:57 PM by germanyt.)
Santorum just dropped out!
Way to hand over the nomination to your enemy.

GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum said Tuesday he is suspending his campaign.

He made the announcement at the Gettysburg Hotel in Gettysburg, Pa., talking about his young daughter's illness and reflecting on the campaign.

His 3-year-old daughter Bella was taken to a Virginia hospital Friday with pneumonia. Santorum, a former Pennsylvania senator, left the campaign trail until this afternoon. The child has a life-threatening genetic disorder known as Trisomy 18.

"She's a fighter," said Santorum, standing beside his wife and children. "She's doing exceptionally well."

Santorum also faces an uphill battle against front-runner Mitt Romney in the race for the Republican presidential nomination. Five states, including Santorum's home state of Pennsylvania, hold primaries April 24.

Romney is spending $2.9 million in TV ads in Pennsylvania. Romney is far ahead of Santorum in the race for delegates to the Republican National Convention and is the party's likely nominee.

Romney said after Santorum concluded his speech at about 2:45 p.m: “Senator Santorum is an able and worthy competitor, and I congratulate him on the campaign he ran. He has proven himself to be an important voice in our party and in the nation. We both recognize that what is most important is putting the failures of the last three years behind us and setting America back on the path to prosperity.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04/...z1rfJxFUPZ

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2012, 12:40 PM
RE: Santorum just dropped out!
Has he offered his support to anyone yet?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2012, 12:44 PM
(10-04-2012 12:40 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Has he offered his support to anyone yet?
As far as I can tell, he didn't directly support anyone.
10-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Why would that flaming piece of Santorum do that now?

VP watch is going to be on big notice until it's picked. I can't imagine a better way for the Republican party to throw away the women's vote.

Oh i see the daughter illness thing now.
10-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Santorum? I thought he was running for Pope!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-04-2012, 01:24 PM
This will be interesting. Now Romney doesn't have to pander to the right wing base to get the nomination.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
10-04-2012, 01:25 PM
See? Idiocy reaches critical mass.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
10-04-2012, 01:28 PM
DAMNIT!!!!
And he was just starting to get really entertaining. That near miss "Government Nig..." mishap was great.

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
10-04-2012, 02:12 PM
I guess he didn't have enough faith. lol

"He who wishes to comprehend God with his mind becomes an atheist."
- Count Nikolaus Von Zinzendorf
[+] 1 user Likes samthepcman's post
10-04-2012, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2012 02:30 PM by germanyt.)
(10-04-2012 02:12 PM)samthepcman Wrote:  It is time to celebrate.
Sad day for me. With nothing stopping Romney from reaching 1144 delegates there isn't much hope for Dr. Paul.

inb4 someone says there was never hope for Paul

herp

Hell yea!

Paul campaign statement also vows to go to Tampa, says "Paul is now
the last – and real – conservative alternative to Mitt Romney"

-Mark Twain