Santorum's Christian Shariah?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Santorum's Christian Shariah?
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/01/05/opinio...?hpt=hp_c2

Quote:Plainly put, Rick Santorum wants to convert our current legal system into one that requires our laws to be in agreement with religious law, not unlike what the Taliban want to do in Afghanistan.
Santorum is not hiding this. The only reason you may not be aware of it is because up until his recent surge in the polls, the media were ignoring him. However, "Santorum Two" was out there telling anyone who would listen.
He told a crowd at a November campaign stop in Iowa in no uncertain terms, "our civil laws have to comport with a higher law: God's law."
On Thanksgiving Day at an Iowa candidates' forum, he reiterated: "We have civil laws, but our civil laws have to comport with the higher law."
Yes, that means exactly what you think it does: Santorum believes that each and every one of our government's laws must match God's law, warning that "as long as there is a discordance between the two, there will be agitation." I'm not exactly sure what "agitation" means in this context, but I think it's a code word for something much worse than acid reflux.

Ug... We want progress, not regress Mr. Santorum...

Better without God, and happier too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2012, 01:28 PM
RE: Santorum's Christian Shariah?
(05-01-2012 01:24 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  http://edition.cnn.com/2012/01/05/opinio...?hpt=hp_c2

Quote:Plainly put, Rick Santorum wants to convert our current legal system into one that requires our laws to be in agreement with religious law, not unlike what the Taliban want to do in Afghanistan.
Santorum is not hiding this. The only reason you may not be aware of it is because up until his recent surge in the polls, the media were ignoring him. However, "Santorum Two" was out there telling anyone who would listen.
He told a crowd at a November campaign stop in Iowa in no uncertain terms, "our civil laws have to comport with a higher law: God's law."
On Thanksgiving Day at an Iowa candidates' forum, he reiterated: "We have civil laws, but our civil laws have to comport with the higher law."
Yes, that means exactly what you think it does: Santorum believes that each and every one of our government's laws must match God's law, warning that "as long as there is a discordance between the two, there will be agitation." I'm not exactly sure what "agitation" means in this context, but I think it's a code word for something much worse than acid reflux.

The whole of the GOP is nuts... except Ron Paul... which is because he isn't a Republican.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
05-01-2012, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 01:33 PM by Chas.)
Which part of the wall of separation doesn't he understand?

Which part of "support and defend the Constitution" does he not understand?
(05-01-2012 01:28 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 01:24 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  http://edition.cnn.com/2012/01/05/opinio...?hpt=hp_c2

The whole of the GOP is nuts... except Ron Paul... which is because he isn't a Republican.

No, he's nuts, too.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2012, 02:19 PM
(05-01-2012 01:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  Which part of the wall of separation doesn't he understand?

No, he's nuts, too.

A different type of "nuts", though. His nuts don't need to be castrated like all the other nuts.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
05-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Good story Smile I am gonna blog that along with my Islamic Sharia law blogs Smile

Something, Or Someone Is Really Out There!
05-01-2012, 04:37 PM
(05-01-2012 02:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 01:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  Which part of the wall of separation doesn't he understand?

No, he's nuts, too.

A different type of "nuts", though. His nuts don't need to be castrated like all the other nuts.

No different - do a little research. He has just toned it down a little lately, but his dangerous and crazy statements and views are on record.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Theocratic Monarchy FTW!

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
05-01-2012, 04:46 PM
(05-01-2012 04:44 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Theocratic Monarchy FTW!

Reminds me of our job.

05-01-2012, 04:50 PM
(05-01-2012 04:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 04:44 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Theocratic Monarchy FTW!

Reminds me of our job.

[Image: peter.jpg]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
05-01-2012, 04:53 PM
This guy is a Grade A Whack Job.
I really do not want a bible thumping moron like this sitting in the White House.
His ignorant and false belief system would allow him to accommodate his armageddon beliefs with a single phone call.
Listen to this gem of an exchange on a much simpler issue and be prepared to wonder in awe.
His inability to think rationally should be scary to all American voters.