Sarin gas attack > US attacks Syria

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2017, 11:31 AM
RE: Sarin gas attack > US attacks Syria
Let's be clear about one thing. As opposed to our politicians and the largest part of the media, I don't think Assad did it. Not because he doesn't have it in him, but because it doesn't make any sense. Not at this point in time, not at this particular location. Assad's not madman and if he were to deploy some chemical agents it would be at some location that gives him a major strategic advantage.

Other than that, as I said, I go with the experts, who keep saying that noone can say for certain what really happened without some serious investigation on the ground.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like abaris's post
14-04-2017, 12:07 PM
(13-04-2017 10:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...
But who knows which is which. And who is who.

Damnit! Will you people please ground your references?

Thank you.

Angry

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
15-04-2017, 06:21 AM
(14-04-2017 11:06 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-04-2017 11:03 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  If that is right, then this is one of the most incompetent and obvious false flag incident imaginable.

That's true regardless of the legitimacy of that report.

The photo, assuming it's legit, says it all. It's a pipe bomb. Why would a country fighting to get rid of rebel terrorists using big bombs, tanks etc., chuck a pipe bomb containing sarin gas into an empty street? It just defies logic or common sense. The photo shows a pipe which has been flattened into the ground and split open with one end blown off.

So far, with Trump, he has used the same old ruse to launch an impressive display of Tomahawks, after announcing it to the Syrians, and blown up a big field in Afghanistan, killing some rodents and other burrowing creatures.

Now he is, I suppose, going to do something in Korea. I think the idea is to portray the Prez as a gun-happy psychotic so as to scare the shit out of Kim il Dumb. Who knows. It looks like brinksmanship to me.

I just wonder why the main stream hasn't picked up on the report the good professor posted. They seem to rely on assertions and assumptions but not want to look at what evidence there is from the scene.... odd.
15-04-2017, 07:01 AM
(15-04-2017 06:21 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  The photo, assuming it's legit, says it all.

Yes, you can stop right there. A photo proves exactly nothing. Anyone could have taken it anywhere. And that's not even taking into account the endless possibilities of doctoring a picture.

That's why international experts maintain that nothing but a real investigation on the ground can prove or disprove anything.

[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
15-04-2017, 08:02 AM
(15-04-2017 07:01 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 06:21 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  The photo, assuming it's legit, says it all.

Yes, you can stop right there. A photo proves exactly nothing. Anyone could have taken it anywhere. And that's not even taking into account the endless possibilities of doctoring a picture.

That's why international experts maintain that nothing but a real investigation on the ground can prove or disprove anything.

DB is a professional nutter. I wouldn't touch anything he says with a 10 foot pole.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-04-2017, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2017 10:14 AM by Deltabravo.)
(15-04-2017 07:01 AM)abaris Wrote:  

What is an "international expert" and why does this qualification make their views more believable than a lengthy career as a professor in the field at MIT?

If you had read the linked paper you would see that there is more discussed than just the photo.

Is there anything you can cite to support the position that a Syrian or Russian plane dropped a sarin bomb which would be more probative than what the paper cites in support of its thesis?

And...the photo isn't doctored, which is obvious from the photo. It was produced by those contending that it was Assad who dropped the bomb.

I was never a believer in the Infowars' narrative of mainstream media being in the grips of the military industrial complex but this has made me see how easy it is for the "rebels" to draw people in. So, there's no proof either way...but the mainstream media didn't wait, nor did Trump, nor did the military...

I suppose we'll see what comes of it.
15-04-2017, 10:30 AM
(15-04-2017 10:03 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  What is an "international expert" and why does this qualification make their views more believable than a lengthy career as a professor in the field at MIT?

In short, because they're serious about their work not being possible without soil samples and a good hard investigation of the environment. UN experts, specially trained for investigations like that, by the way. Not someone looking at a photo, that someone may have pulled from their ass, and claiming to have it all figured out.

15-04-2017, 11:06 AM
(15-04-2017 10:30 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 10:03 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  What is an "international expert" and why does this qualification make their views more believable than a lengthy career as a professor in the field at MIT?

In short, because they're serious about their work not being possible without soil samples and a good hard investigation of the environment. UN experts, specially trained for investigations like that, by the way. Not someone looking at a photo, that someone may have pulled from their ass, and claiming to have it all figured out.

Whoa, hang on a minute!

There's no dispute about this being sarin. I agree that the UN should investigate.

The photo, which you say was pulled out of someone's ass was produced by the White House to support the position that it was dropped by the Syrians. The White House produced a four page declassified dossier which was then passed on to Dr. Postol for a quick turnaround report. Postol didn't produce the photo or pull it out of anyone's ass.

This has now been commented on by Southforce, whoever they are, in this article which sets the position out clearly in this article: https://southfront.org/mit-professor-que...-in-idlib/

If it's a question of how the sarin was dispersed, the photos and the pipe are pretty much open for anyone to look at and interpret and I can't see any obvious flaws in what Postol says.
15-04-2017, 01:21 PM
http://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2017/04/...h-cnni.cnn

Quote:A blast has killed and injured tens of people amidst an evacuation exchange between the Syrian government and Syrian rebels that involved thousands of people, according to state-run Syria media.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
17-04-2017, 01:40 PM
(15-04-2017 11:06 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 10:30 AM)abaris Wrote:  In short, because they're serious about their work not being possible without soil samples and a good hard investigation of the environment. UN experts, specially trained for investigations like that, by the way. Not someone looking at a photo, that someone may have pulled from their ass, and claiming to have it all figured out.

Whoa, hang on a minute!

There's no dispute about this being sarin. I agree that the UN should investigate.

The photo, which you say was pulled out of someone's ass was produced by the White House to support the position that it was dropped by the Syrians. The White House produced a four page declassified dossier which was then passed on to Dr. Postol for a quick turnaround report. Postol didn't produce the photo or pull it out of anyone's ass.

This has now been commented on by Southforce, whoever they are, in this article which sets the position out clearly in this article: https://southfront.org/mit-professor-que...-in-idlib/

If it's a question of how the sarin was dispersed, the photos and the pipe are pretty much open for anyone to look at and interpret and I can't see any obvious flaws in what Postol says.

I should add that Theodore Postol was one of the "international experts" who investigated the last Syrian gas attack for the UN and came to the same conclusion; that it was the rebels who were responsible.