Sarin gas attack > US attacks Syria

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2017, 11:49 AM
RE: Sarin gas attack > US attacks Syria
Whilst im not denying Syria could of used nerve agents, tactically I just dont see the logic.

The first reported chemical attack in 2013/14 that gained the attention of the world had the UK and US baying for action. Our UK parliament voted (thankfully) not to go to war and it was agreed that Syria would destroy their chemical weapons.

Now that Russia is more decidedly in the fray, there have been many gains by Assad.

I see it two ways.

1: Under the guidance and protection of Russia, Assad used em knowing this time we will be more reluctant to take action with Russian military present.

2: Assad never used em.

Apparently cost around $94 million to fire the tomahawks used in the attack.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2017, 12:04 PM
(07-04-2017 11:49 AM)bemore Wrote:  2: Assad never used em.

Apparently cost around $94 million to fire the tomahawks used in the attack.

I go with option 2. It just doesn't make any sense in the current situation. There are probably enough agents still lying around that anybody could have found them or they have been blown up by accident.

As for the 94 million part, they have to be fired at some point in order for the military industrial complex to make more. That's what the surge in the defense budget is for, isn't it?

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
07-04-2017, 12:17 PM
Must admit I find the timing a bit off, pretty much straight after the west announce that regime change was no longer on the cards. I do think there's a fair chance it wasn't Assad.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
[+] 2 users Like ukatheist's post
07-04-2017, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2017 07:42 PM by Dom.)
1. Trump admin: The Syrian people decide about Assad.

2. Trump and Kushner meet King of Jordan

3. Trump shoots Tomahawks

4. Everyone is in awe that Trump loves babies and messed with Russia.

5. Focus on Russian election meddling diverted.

Consider

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
07-04-2017, 08:03 PM
What's important in all of this is that they make a movie about it.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
07-04-2017, 08:19 PM
(07-04-2017 08:03 PM)yakherder Wrote:  What's important in all of this is that they make a movie about it.

With Alec Baldwin playing the CIC of course...

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
07-04-2017, 10:01 PM
(07-04-2017 07:31 PM)Dom Wrote:  1. Trump admin: The Syrian people decide about Assad.

2. Trump and Kushner meet King of Jordan

3. Trump shoots Tomahawks

4. Everyone is in awe that Trump loves babies and messed with Russia.

5. Focus on Russian election meddling diverted.

Consider

6. Tillerson goes to Moscow with US press and public opinion behind him.

7. USA negotiates with Russia from a position of 'strength' to remove the sanctions.

8. $500 billion shared amongst the main players.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
08-04-2017, 03:38 AM
(07-04-2017 10:01 PM)DLJ Wrote:  7. USA negotiates with Russia from a position of 'strength' to remove the sanctions.

What position of strength is that supposed to be? They just upped the ante of an already existing quagmire by pissing off the Russians, who have immediately reacted by sending own ships into the region and by promising to arm Assad with air defense systems.

This whole thing reminds me a little bit of the USS Liberty incident in '67 when Johnson immediately reacted by preparing to bomb Egypt when it was the Israelis attacking that ship.

The bare facts are that nobody knows who has indeed launched the chemical attack. It seems outlandish for Assad taking such a step at this point in time. Other factions, such as ISIL, have a bigger interest in internationally escalating the situation and divert attention. It's also not even proven that any attack had been launched, only that the agents have been deployed. Some conventional attack may have hit a storage for all we know.

The West immediately blames Assad without any shred of proof, according to expert, who say, without investigating the ground, they can't say why this happened and who has made it happen. The rest is just a Gung Ho reaction. Stupid to it's core - as always, I'm tempted to say.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like abaris's post
08-04-2017, 04:03 AM
Factor 10,000000 sunscreen is now on my shopping list
08-04-2017, 04:28 AM
(08-04-2017 03:38 AM)abaris Wrote:  The rest is just a Gung Ho reaction.

Ah, but we need the president to respond to a crisis. If he doesn't have a crisis to respond to then people might start asking awkward questions about himself. As it is he has no time for petty internal squabbles. Now is the time to present a united front in the face of the Syrian threat Angry Plus how dare you discount president Trump's genuine crocodile tears at the sight of little kiddies getting killed?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post