Satan hands out my paycheck

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2014, 10:56 AM
RE: Satan hands out my paycheck
(11-10-2014 07:41 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Sorry to bust ya'lls bubbles, (well, actually, no I'm not), but the number of the beast is actually 616.

Wiki :
"616 Fragment from Papyrus 115 (P115) of Revelation in the 66th vol. of the Oxyrhynchus series (P. Oxy. 4499). Has the number of the Beast as 616.

Although Irenaeus (2nd century AD) affirmed the number to be 666 and reported several scribal errors of the number, there is still a minority of theologians who have doubt about the original reading because of the figure 616 being given in Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus (C; Paris), one of the four great uncial codices, as well as by the Latin version of Tyconius (DCXVI, ed. Souter in the Journal of Theology, SE, April 1913), and by an ancient Armenian version (ed. Conybaere, 1907). Irenaeus knew about the 616 reading, but did not adopt it (Haer. v.30,3). However, several centuries later, correcting the existing Latin language version of the New Testament, commonly referred to as the Vetus Latina, Jerome left it in. (De Monogramm., ed. Dom G Morin in the Rev. Benedictine, 1903).

Around 2005, a fragment from Papyrus 115, taken from the Oxyrhynchus site, was discovered at the Oxford University’s Ashmolean Museum. It gave the beast’s number as 616 χις. This fragment happens to be the oldest manuscript (about 1,700 years old) of Revelation 13 to date.

Age of a manuscript, although not an indicator of the date of its writing, refers to how old the physical material is. All original biblical manuscripts are non-existent today. As they were held and copied onto new materials eventually the originals fell apart leaving fragments for a period and then only the copies. So the oldest materials might actually be among the newest manuscripts.

Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus, known before the P115 finding but dating to after it, has 616 written in full: ἑξακόσιοι δέκα ἕξ, hexakosioi deka hex (lit. "six hundred and sixteen").

Papyrus 115 and Ephraemi Rescriptus has led some scholars to conclude that 616 is the original number of the beast.[16] According to Paul Louis,"The number 666 has been substituted for 616 either by analogy with 888, the [Greek] number of Jesus (Gustav Adolf Deissmann), or because it is a triangular number, the sum of the first 36 numbers (1+2+3+4+5+6...+36 = 666)"

[Image: 0719a6150d239c1536a2c7cf906573d0.jpg]

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2014, 05:49 AM
RE: Satan hands out my paycheck
My sister in law had to give my mother in law a check. I guess she owed it to her for some reason. The check was for $666 and my mother in law flipped out. I thought it was pretty entertaining. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply