Satan has hold of me...so I was told.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Satan has hold of me...so I was told.
My Evang. neighbor asked if I was going to church. No. As we chatted the topic turned to a virus that's in our elementary school, then it meandered to what each of us got as children. She got few....if it was catchy I got them all. It was as tho I stood on a street corner yelling pick me, pick me. She immediately flipped this around that it was satan who made me ill and went on and on explaining how her god has protected her while I've fallen under the influence of satan. She really believes this crap. I shall have to remind her that she sins when she buys tickets on a 50/50 draw. She is coveting someone else's money. A few years ago she justified it because the other half of the winnings goes for a good cause. It's still coveting.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2014, 10:49 PM
RE: Satan has hold of me...so I was told.
I would buy her a book on microscopic organisms and how germs / Viruses / Bacteria works for Christmas.

Apparently, she things viruses are made out of magic...or demon dust.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
12-10-2014, 11:17 PM
Did you respond to her at all? At the very least I would have just walked away.
Letting people like this spout their garbage unchecked, to me, somehow feels like I'm giving these ideas actual weight.
13-10-2014, 05:21 AM
Welcome to the club. Thumbsup

PleaseJesus, (troll extraordinaire) ... whom I affectionately call Pleasy,
(full name : SexuallyPleasingJebusTrollJoke) told me I have a debil, ... a debil I tell you).

I wouldn't leave home without one. Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
13-10-2014, 12:36 PM
There is no responding to this woman's beliefs. There is no argument on this earth that would shake any of her beliefs. Since she's 83 I've done my best to be tolerant but I'm losing ground.
13-10-2014, 01:26 PM
It's best to ignore her, is it really necessary to talk to them?

Though just for laughs or the urge to be a smart ass, remind her of 1 Timothy 2:11-12 -A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness.
12 But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
13-10-2014, 01:32 PM
Satan doesn't pay us enough to deal with this shit.

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
[+] 6 users Like Winterwolf00's post
13-10-2014, 01:40 PM
You should ask her how she can be so fucking stupid?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
19-10-2014, 12:43 PM
I am seeing so many holes in her beliefs, the Evang. religion in general. Even if I were a religious person, I'd never be able to tolerate this one as it is too repressive. I found it interesting that Christianity was responsible for the eradication of the Vikings on Greenland a thousand years ago. The church didn't allow communication with the heathens, the Inuit, who knew how to deal with the snow and cold. Women were to continue to dress as tho they were fine English ladies in their long skirts. The entire settlement succumbed to cold and starvation.
19-10-2014, 04:00 PM
Just go with it next time. If she says Satan has hold of you and that's why jebus isn't protecting you, just let her know that you know but Satan provides so much more that its worth the occasional flu.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post