Satanic Coloring Book

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2014, 01:29 PM
RE: Satanic Coloring Book
(20-09-2014 01:11 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(20-09-2014 09:00 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Satanism is another "religion" like the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

The point is that these public school children are in the middle of a political battle giving preference to Christianity. The satanists (atheists) are making a point to the school leaders by distributing benign coloring books that the Christian community would find offensive and presume to be demonic. The classroom should be free from religious propaganda. If you open the door to one religion, legally you open it to all religions. They are hoping to put a stop to it by distributing content that would be highly objectionable to the Christians - if you look at the coloring book, it is all age appropriate. I thought it was clever.

It isn't clever at all. Satanists don't proselytize, which is exactly what they are doing here. And doesn't allowing more religious books into school just open the door for even more violations of the first amendment?

So what's a better method of objection to bring about a quick stop? I'll be surprised if the coloring books actually make it into the classrooms. The idea is to stop the Christians from bringing their crap to the schools. Lawsuits take years. They're trying to provoke immediate outrage by placing objectionable propaganda in schools to bring about swift action. I do agree it's a violation of the first amendment. My first amendment rights were shit on by Christians at every school I went to. The prayers at football games finally stopped when the Hindus objected and when Muslims wanted to say their prayers to Allah, too.

I consider it protest, not proselytization. Its not a real religion. It's tongue in cheek. Not much different than counter protests at abortion clinics holding up signs with the more despicable bible verses.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
20-09-2014, 02:30 PM
(20-09-2014 09:00 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(20-09-2014 08:47 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Satanism is stupid.

Satanism is another "religion" like the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

The point is that these public school children are in the middle of a political battle giving preference to Christianity. The satanists (atheists) are making a point to the school leaders by distributing benign coloring books that the Christian community would find offensive and presume to be demonic. The classroom should be free from religious propaganda. If you open the door to one religion, legally you open it to all religions. They are hoping to put a stop to it by distributing content that would be highly objectionable to the Christians - if you look at the coloring book, it is all age appropriate. I thought it was clever.

No it isn't. Satanism is a non-spiritual, non-supernatural religion and philosophy. Maybe you should read the Satanic Bible instead of getting your information from a group of clowns.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
20-09-2014, 02:52 PM
(20-09-2014 02:30 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(20-09-2014 09:00 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Satanism is another "religion" like the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

No it isn't. Satanism is a non-spiritual, non-supernatural religion and philosophy. Maybe you should read the Satanic Bible instead of getting your information from a group of clowns.

Consider hmm. I never read it. I was always told they were atheists being assholes.

My fault for making an assumption.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
20-09-2014, 03:16 PM

You know Satanism is a belief system void of deity and purposed to the advancement of human achievement.
Right? You knew that?
Cause actually Satanism is the closest to atheism of all belief systems.
The old time worship of a devil went out in the middle ages were a focus on self and betterment of self took the place of deity.

No. I'm not a Satanist. I possess no particular belief system and subscribe to nothing in speciality.
But
I do know what Satanism is.
Cause I can read and shit.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
20-09-2014, 03:40 PM
(20-09-2014 03:16 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  

You know Satanism is a belief system void of deity and purposed to the advancement of human achievement.
Right? You knew that?
The old time worship of a devil went out in the middle ages were a focus on self and betterment of self took the place of deity.

No. I'm not a Satanist. I possess no particular belief system and subscribe to nothing in speciality.
But

Quote:If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

That was Anton LaVey. Founder of modern Satanism.

Yeah, great guy and everything, riggght.
[+] 1 user Likes Li_Holodomer's post
20-09-2014, 11:04 PM
(20-09-2014 06:29 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Just more foolish and shameful self-promoting from the "Satanic" Temple.

Yeah...shameless self-promotion being done to point out that shameless self-promotion is supposed to be confined to certain spheres, because if you start shamelessly self-promoting outside that sphere, everybody will follow suit. It's putting the fundamentalist Christians in their place. The satanic churches have been following the fundies like a hawk each time they try to unconstitutionally propagandize and are teaching them the harsh realities of what religious freedom really means; these have been targeted campaigns that end up benefitting everybody else.

I really don't see what harm a bit of self-advertising is when they're upholding the rights of everybody else to self-advertise or be free from the repressive proselytization efforts of a single, domineering, sanctimonious, self-centered, and aggressively imposed ideology.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
20-09-2014, 11:09 PM
(20-09-2014 03:16 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  

Right? You knew that?

But

Still does not stop it from being stupid.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
21-09-2014, 05:47 AM
(20-09-2014 11:09 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(20-09-2014 03:16 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  You know Satanism is a belief system void of deity and purposed to the advancement of human achievement.
Right? You knew that?

But

You are the one making the positive claim ("Satanism is stupid"), so maybe you should qualify it.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
[+] 1 user Likes Res Publica's post
21-09-2014, 11:24 AM
(20-09-2014 11:09 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(20-09-2014 03:16 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  You know Satanism is a belief system void of deity and purposed to the advancement of human achievement.
Right? You knew that?

But

Always wise to judge something without knowing what it is eh?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
22-09-2014, 05:05 AM
(20-09-2014 02:52 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(20-09-2014 02:30 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  No it isn't. Satanism is a non-spiritual, non-supernatural religion and philosophy. Maybe you should read the Satanic Bible instead of getting your information from a group of clowns.

Consider hmm. I never read it. I was always told they were atheists being assholes.

My fault for making an assumption.

No, they are atheists being sociopaths.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post