Satanism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2015, 12:20 AM
Information Satanism
It seems there are quite a few within the atheist community who do not know that Satanists are atheists and that Satanism is an atheistic religion. It was especially clear from one response to my introduction.

I will clear this up real easy.

Here are the core beliefs of Satanism:

The Nine Satanic Statements

by Anton Szandor LaVey
The Nine Satanic Statements originally appeared in The Satanic Bible, 1969

Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!
Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!
Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!
Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!
Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!
Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

and there also is this good excrept from an essay by the current High Priest entitled "What The Devil".

To summarize a typical individual’s journey from observing reality to declaring himself a Satanist, let us list several assertions:

Nature encompasses all that exists. There is nothing supernatural in Nature.
The spiritual is an illusion. I am utterly carnal.
Reason is my tool for cognition making faith anathema. I question all things. I am a skeptic.
I do not accept false dichotomies, finding instead the “third side” which brings me closest to understanding the mysteries of existence.
The universe is neither benevolent nor malevolent; it is indifferent.
There are no Gods. I am an atheist.
There is no intrinsic purpose to life beyond biological imperatives. I thus determine my own life’s meaning.
I decide what is of value. I am my own highest value therefore I am my own God. I am an I-theist.
Good is that which benefits me and promotes that which I hold in esteem.
Evil is that which harms me and hinders that which I cherish.
I live to maximize the Good for myself and those I value. At all times I remain in control of my pursuit of pleasure. I am an Epicurean.
Merit determines my criteria for the judgment of myself and others. I judge and am prepared to be judged.
I seek a just outcome in my exchanges with those around me. I thus will do unto others as I would prefer they do unto me. However, if they treat me poorly, I shall return that behavior in like degree.
I grasp the human need for symbols as a means for distillation of complex thought structures.
The symbol that best exemplifies my nature as an aware beast is Satan, the avatar of carnality, justice, and self-determination.
I see myself reflected in the philosophy created by Anton Szandor LaVey.
I am proud to call myself a Satanist.

Hopefully, some of you have been enlightened, and also this is very relevant:

"It says you have to be saved in order to go to heaven. The way I see it, you only have to be yourself to go to hell!" - Marilyn Manson, Copps Collesium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. (1997)

Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2015, 01:22 AM
RE: Satanism
So let me get this straight. You say that Satanists (LeVeyan anyway) are atheists even though they have a canon and follow an imaginary thing that was thought up as a way to control others. Right.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
08-08-2015, 01:28 AM
(08-08-2015 01:22 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  So let me get this straight. You say that Satanists (LeVeyan anyway) are atheists even though they have a canon and follow an imaginary thing that was thought up as a way to control others. Right.

If this imaginary thing isn't god then they could be atheists all rigtht I would say.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
08-08-2015, 03:53 AM
Well, yeah, I guess we can all relate to some or most of the things "Satan represents..." I just don`t see how LaVey is the authority on what Satan(ism) represents. It`s just parts of other philosophies like naturalism , trow in some epicurean self indulgence and some critical thinking in the mix and arbitrary slap any name you like on it. Why Satanism? If he called it LaVayism it would make more sense.
It says "Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!" but the name Satan itself can not cut it`s ties with religion and supernatural.

If you think "Nature encompasses all that exists. There is nothing supernatural in Nature.
The spiritual is an illusion" why give your philosophy a name of an imaginary being that only exists as a counterpart of god in Abrahamic religions while claiming "There are no Gods." ? As you or LaVay word it , Satan looks to be an entity , but he doesn´t exist in nature , thus is supernatural. Dubious.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
08-08-2015, 05:17 AM
Being a Satanist is like being that kid in school that doesn't realize the whole rest of the class is laughing at him.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
08-08-2015, 05:19 AM
It's just ying to the xtian's yang brand of woo......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
08-08-2015, 05:39 AM
A principle of Gwynnite is crafting yer own faith; someone else's antihero is not heroic enough.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
08-08-2015, 06:53 AM
I get it. I can appreciate it. I still think it's just silly. Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
08-08-2015, 07:03 AM
Satanism is stupid.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-08-2015, 07:22 AM
(08-08-2015 01:22 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  So let me get this straight. You say that Satanists (LeVeyan anyway) are atheists even though they have a canon and follow an imaginary thing that was thought up as a way to control others. Right.

Imaginary? I guess you are referring to Satan, correct?

Well, there is no belief in Satan, it is used as a symbol of individuality, pride, carnality, freedom, liberty things which people who worship external deities find "Evil". In hebrew Satan also means adversary, one to accuse, or question.

No one worships Satan, that'd be stupid.

"It says you have to be saved in order to go to heaven. The way I see it, you only have to be yourself to go to hell!" - Marilyn Manson, Copps Collesium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. (1997)

Censored