Satanism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2016, 06:40 PM
RE: Satanism
(20-07-2016 05:23 PM)prhill Wrote:  I always thought it odd that people who claim to be atheists have an issue with atheists who are satanists and use satan as a symbol. christians I can see being upset by it but atheists?? And actually I know many christians who actually like what satanists do believe it or not

Well generally those atheists I've heard who don't like them also don't like Ayn Rand philosophy supporters either. If that has anything to help the reason why it is that way settle in.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2016, 06:52 PM
To say Satanism is atheistic is the same as saying Buddhism is atheistic or any modern pagan religion like Wicca or Asatru. Most of these followers know their Gods are not real or they simply don't believe Gods exist but they still spiritually adhere to a moral code and practice traditional rituals and rites.

I've been told before that Satanists are atheists and the other way around in a way to group them together like all atheists worship Satan or they're evil but if that makes them evil than Buddhists must also be evil even though they don't believe in a Devil.

I guess you could say all satanists are atheists but not all atheists are satanists but even some theists believe at some point in their lives Satan had a hold on them. They even use it as a badge of honor "I was living a hedonistic life and then Jesus saved me! He helped me fight the Devil from inside my heart!" Umm ok well I don't live a hedonistic life so I guess I don't need saving? Cool!

It's a question I've asked a lot, why do Christians get possessed by demons but atheists don't? Because demons just think it's funny? It's clear it's because they believe in Satan and demons, their mind is more open to the concept of possession, if being an atheist can protect me and somehow shield me from Satan's influence than all the better. He still doesn't exist but at least I don't have to worry about calling any exorcists to my house, they're pretty expensive.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post
20-07-2016, 06:56 PM
Don't forget. Satan is god's servant. He is the Prometheus of the bible. He gave man wisdom god wished to deny humans. Satan is actually the hero of the bible.

Interesting eh? Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
20-07-2016, 06:57 PM
What I like about the Satanists is how they challenge Christians who want to erect Ten Commandments monuments on government property and other such nonsense.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
20-07-2016, 07:19 PM
(20-07-2016 06:57 PM)pablo Wrote:  What I like about the Satanists is how they challenge Christians who want to erect Ten Commandments monuments on government property and other such nonsense.

Yes The Satanic Temple does that. They also work a lot with Dan Barkers Freedom from Religion Foundation. The Satanic Temple is different a bit from LaVeyan Satanism as TST does not use rituals of any kind and they are against the Ayn Rand and Might is Right stuff you get in LaVeyan satanism. TST has no issues with LaVeyans but the LaVeyan church seems to love to attack TST for some reason