Satanism: Spells do work! (Omegle)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2012, 09:03 AM
RE: Satanism: Spells do work! (Omegle)
(31-07-2012 04:44 PM)StAlesiterCrowley Wrote:  White Spells- healing and defence; feature angels

Black Spells- death and undeath; feature vampires, undead

Green Spells- most powerful; feature carnivorous monsters

Blue Spells- use sorcery to decieve; feature sea monsters

Red Spells- destruction magic; feature dragons

I like blue spells
You magic player you Smile, I like banding myself.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2012, 09:19 AM
As to D&D, and in this you all mean AD&D, 1st edition is king. 2nd Edition, is kinda ok, but only to supplement running in 1s edition. 3rd edition is just awful, and from what I hear 3.5 is even worse.

All that aside AD&D is particular animal, if its AD&D you wanna play its the thing, if you wanna play anything else there are many different systems with which to do it. My personal favorite, is the hero system, not its current incarnation of course.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
28-11-2012, 10:38 AM
(28-11-2012 09:19 AM)Humakt Wrote:  As to D&D, and in this you all mean AD&D, 1st edition is king. 2nd Edition, is kinda ok, but only to supplement running in 1s edition. 3rd edition is just awful, and from what I hear 3.5 is even worse.
From what I heard 4th is even worser. Tongue
The few people I know who've tried it say it feels like playing a video game without the computer.

[Image: h8m4.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
28-11-2012, 11:17 AM
In my opinion, AD&D is old and useless. Yes, I played it when it was new, when it was the biggest and best thing around. Then other stuff grew up, including second and third editions. 4th edition was a mistake which even WotC/Hasbro has admitted by the quick move to 5th edition which brings back concepts of earlier editions and rolls-back the mistakes of 4th edition.

Pathfinder has an improved version of 3.5ed which is my favorite so far.

I'm also a big fan of Hero System but most of my gaming group is not.

M:tG is awesome, too.

That's all just my opinion - what I don't understand is people who assert that one system is defacto better than all others and then question the credibility of anyone who differs from their opinion. Isn't that what religions zealots do?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
28-11-2012, 06:22 PM
(28-11-2012 10:38 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(28-11-2012 09:19 AM)Humakt Wrote:  As to D&D, and in this you all mean AD&D, 1st edition is king. 2nd Edition, is kinda ok, but only to supplement running in 1s edition. 3rd edition is just awful, and from what I hear 3.5 is even worse.
From what I heard 4th is even worser. Tongue
The few people I know who've tried it say it feels like playing a video game without the computer.
4th you say, wasnt aware it had gone that far Sad, funny you should say that about computer games, one of the things I disliked about 3rd ed was exactly that, any character felt like a toon in a bad mmorg, with abilities, prereqs and cooldowns. Im sure 4th ed will be awful if the consensus is it worse than third.

28-11-2012, 06:33 PM
(28-11-2012 11:17 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  In my opinion, AD&D is old and useless. Yes, I played it when it was new, when it was the biggest and best thing around. Then other stuff grew up, including second and third editions. 4th edition was a mistake which even WotC/Hasbro has admitted by the quick move to 5th edition which brings back concepts of earlier editions and rolls-back the mistakes of 4th edition.

That's all just my opinion - what I don't understand is people who assert that one system is defacto better than all others and then question the credibility of anyone who differs from their opinion. Isn't that what religions zealots do?
As thats your opinion thats all coolio, Id say old and useless is a little harsh, AD&D is what its always been. As for AD&D being the biggest and best in its time, biggest yes theres no doubt, as for best Im not sure AD&D was ever best, many systems of a similar age are measurable better, C&S (Chivalry&Sorcery) was a better system and simulation, Runequest is also roughly of the time, although RQ 1st ed was a pretty ropey.

As for defacto the best, I'd still put the hero system a ways ahead its ability to model anything is pretty much unique.

29-11-2012, 12:37 AM
You people are all stupid. YOU MUST LISTEN TO ME!! AAAHHHH!!!111

Big Grin

Yeah, yeah, I know a few people that don't want to evolve and still cling to the old AD&D, but since I have tried them all and played it all for the last 15 years or so, I think that 3 and 3.5 are much more developed than the older versions. Because in the 3 and 3.5 you can do anything that you could in AD&D, but now you can be more precise and actually DO the stuff you want and shape the character exactly the way you have your vision. Also, the biggest improvement is in spells. In older versions the wizard was always too strong for any other class, once you go pass 8th level, no one can compete with wizard and his spells. Well, maybe cleric could, if you know how to play it right. To balance that, some spells (like haste) needed to be tuned down, as every class must be able to compete with any other class on the same level. Balance, it is all about balance.

And Humakt, there is no cooldown for anything in 3.5. There are uses per day, or per encounter, but no cooldowns. Cooldowns are in computer games. As for the prereqs, that shit is pretty important, is it really stupid to be able to have Improved Two Weapon Fighting if you do not have Dexterity minimum of 17 and Two Weapon Fighting before that. It seriously makes sense.

4th edition is not worth mentioning, that is a completely new system, that has nothing to do with 2nd, 3rd or 3.5 editions. Utter bullshit.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
29-11-2012, 08:06 AM
(29-11-2012 12:37 AM)Filox Wrote:  You people are all stupid. YOU MUST LISTEN TO ME!! AAAHHHH!!!111

Big Grin

Yeah, yeah, I know a few people that don't want to evolve and still cling to the old AD&D, but since I have tried them all and played it all for the last 15 years or so, I think that 3 and 3.5 are much more developed than the older versions. Because in the 3 and 3.5 you can do anything that you could in AD&D, but now you can be more precise and actually DO the stuff you want and shape the character exactly the way you have your vision. Also, the biggest improvement is in spells. In older versions the wizard was always too strong for any other class, once you go pass 8th level, no one can compete with wizard and his spells. Well, maybe cleric could, if you know how to play it right. To balance that, some spells (like haste) needed to be tuned down, as every class must be able to compete with any other class on the same level. Balance, it is all about balance.

And Humakt, there is no cooldown for anything in 3.5. There are uses per day, or per encounter, but no cooldowns. Cooldowns are in computer games. As for the prereqs, that shit is pretty important, is it really stupid to be able to have Improved Two Weapon Fighting if you do not have Dexterity minimum of 17 and Two Weapon Fighting before that. It seriously makes sense.

4th edition is not worth mentioning, that is a completely new system, that has nothing to do with 2nd, 3rd or 3.5 editions. Utter bullshit.
Nuh uh, you stoopid Smile.

You can do anything in 3rd you can in first, OK calculate your THACO. AS for being able to do what you want with the system that always been the case all rulesets are guidelines and as for shaping your character I'll admit my first 3rd ed character who I got to 5th or 6th level had as many classes as levels which was kinda novel. On mages yeah maybe, but thats how mages roll, clerics not so much and you missed illusionists, easily done, but they have a couple of spells that are extremely powerful. Dont know why you single out haste as a problem for mages, as it doesnt double spellcasting, only movement and attack speed, so its far better used as a support spell, that and the fact that each casting ages your character a year or is it 3, which is plenty balanced and ensures its not cast every encounter. Of course, the aging is generally ignored by most groups and that leads to it being cast every fight, but its hardly fair to ignore the spells major drawback and then call it unbalanced.

As for balance its all about balance, couldnt disagree more, its all about the role playing, chess is about balance. Roleplaying is about immersing your self in the role of your character, or immersing your players if your the GM in the playing enviroment. Also, life is isnt balanced or fair, not that any D&D games are accurate simulations, but the more a game is balanced the falser it feels, especially where balance is the main focus of the design.

As for cooldowns, yes there are, there are cooldowns on several class abilities that I can remember. But Ive played relatively little 3rd ed, but none the less everytime Ive played its always felt like a mmorg sim to me. As for your example on prereqs, no theres nothing really wrong with that, but 1st ED hands out massive minuses to hit that are counteracted by dex so practically you either have to high dex or out class your oppenent before its worth doing.

As for 4th ED, havent played it,but I'll take your word for it.

Last of all, if you like or even prefer 3rd+ Ed to 1st Ed, thats super you play what you enjoy, I dont like it much and vastly prefer 1st. But, then AD&D is far from my favorite system in any edition.

29-11-2012, 08:10 AM
(28-11-2012 11:17 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  In my opinion, AD&D is old and useless. Yes, I played it when it was new, when it was the biggest and best thing around. Then other stuff grew up, including second and third editions. 4th edition was a mistake which even WotC/Hasbro has admitted by the quick move to 5th edition which brings back concepts of earlier editions and rolls-back the mistakes of 4th edition.

Always nice to meet another HERO fan Smile. Of course Im not a fan of the newer more generic system, but the HERO system when it was still bundled out in Genre book, eg Fantasy Hero, Danger International, Justice Inc and champions. Of course all were compatible so really, are all just the one system.