Satanism and Ritualism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2014, 10:20 PM
Satanism and Ritualism
I am a Satanist(I will purchase your soul for the right price). Something many atheists may not now is that Satanists are atheists themselves(mostly) and that Satanism has been undergoing a great divide between the Theistic Satanists who profess that there is an actual Devil and worship him and the Atheistic Satanists who profess that there is no devil and all metaphysical concepts are symbolic.

Satanism is much like Buddhism and Taoism in that it is a religion that is founded upon a philosophy, not divine claims nor mythology.

The issue though is that Satanism is knee deep in ritual like Daoism and because of this people think it is theistic. I having studied Asian philosophy in the past(former Hindu and Muslim) highly regard ritual as beneficial to the human experience and will immediately side with Kong Fuzi on this topic. No metaphysical beings(gods, demons nor angels) exist beyond the very words you use to create existence of them.

Is the usage of ritual breaking the 'rules' of atheism and blurring the lines between sinner and saint? Or is it simply irrelevant as the etymological foundation of Atheism would imply?

Crazy you say?
Wouldn't a crazy man ask another man if he was crazy?! Hobo
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2014, 10:29 PM
RE: Satanism and Ritualism
(16-06-2014 10:20 PM)Mr. Slave Wrote:  I am a Satanist(I will purchase your soul for the right price).

How much? Dodgy
Make me an offer. Consider
[+] 5 users Like pablo's post
16-06-2014, 10:30 PM
(16-06-2014 10:29 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  
(16-06-2014 10:20 PM)Mr. Slave Wrote:  I am a Satanist(I will purchase your soul for the right price).

How much? Dodgy

Damnit, I was gunna say the same thing!! My soul is for sale to the highest bidder Yes

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
16-06-2014, 10:38 PM
(16-06-2014 10:30 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(16-06-2014 10:29 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  How much? Dodgy

Damnit, I was gunna say the same thing!! My soul is for sale to the highest bidder Yes

Great minds... Smartass
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
16-06-2014, 10:45 PM
(16-06-2014 10:29 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  

How much? Dodgy

I will pay no more than $666 for a non-theistic soul and no more than $30 for a theistic soul. Seems as if you are in good luck Yes

Crazy you say?
[+] 4 users Like Mr. Slave's post
16-06-2014, 10:47 PM
(16-06-2014 10:45 PM)Mr. Slave Wrote:  
(16-06-2014 10:29 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  How much? Dodgy

I will pay no more than $666 for a non-theistic soul and no more than $30 for a theistic soul. Seems as if you are in good luck Yes

Sold! Cash Only!
[+] 5 users Like pablo's post
17-06-2014, 03:07 AM
An atheist lacks belief in deities. That's it.

Anyway, as an atheist, I have many rituals. I eat breakfast every morning. I brush my teeth and shave my head every night. I turn on the TV every time I get home from work. I purchase new music from iTunes every payday.

There are lots of rituals in which each of us engage, but I have to ask: what sorts of rituals pertain to satanists specifically? Whenever a satanist mentions "ritual", the first thing I think of is someone wearing a hood and drinking something from a special chalice while the incense sticks smoke gently alongside the Baphomet. If that were the case, it would certainly strike me as unnecessary and silly.

So, what kind of "rituals" are we talking about?

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
17-06-2014, 03:39 AM
(17-06-2014 03:07 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  An atheist lacks belief in deities. That's it.

Anyway, as an atheist, I have many rituals. I eat breakfast every morning. I brush my teeth and shave my head every night. I turn on the TV every time I get home from work. I purchase new music from iTunes every payday.

There are lots of rituals in which each of us engage, but I have to ask: what sorts of rituals pertain to satanists specifically? Whenever a satanist mentions "ritual", the first thing I think of is someone wearing a hood and drinking something from a special chalice while the incense sticks smoke gently alongside the Baphomet. If that were the case, it would certainly strike me as unnecessary and silly.

So, what kind of "rituals" are we talking about?

Weeping Yeah, that sort of stuff does occur. I really wish I could say it does not but men like Anton LaVey are examples of it and he was an atheist.
One of the most common Satanic rituals is Black Mass of course, which is a total satire. Where a group of people get together and recite the lord's prayer backwards. I mean literally backwards as in taking an audio recorder and playing a tape backwards.
Another common Satanic ritual is praying to yourself. Satanists believe that the closest thing to god is oneself since all concept of god are useless(igtheism) and are just projections of the self. Satanists often times like making shrines to themselves and worship themselves as literal gods within their own minds. The degree of flattery is debated amongst Satanists still, always starts a flame war.

So yeah, that sort of cooky stuff occurs during Satanic rituals. I like many other Satanist's get accused of mental masturbation and taking self glorification to an extreme but trust me, I am not conceited.

So is this just fucked up or what? I admit, that I am addicted to this sort of stuff but perhaps this comes from my religious background where burning shit up in front of 3 golden idols while having crowds of people recite a mantra while the other half sings a bhajan.

Crazy you say?
17-06-2014, 04:01 AM
(16-06-2014 10:20 PM)Mr. Slave Wrote:  I am a Satanist(I will purchase your soul for the right price). Something many atheists may not now is that Satanists are atheists themselves(mostly) and that Satanism has been undergoing a great divide between the Theistic Satanists who profess that there is an actual Devil and worship him and the Atheistic Satanists who profess that there is no devil and all metaphysical concepts are symbolic.

Satanism is much like Buddhism and Taoism in that it is a religion that is founded upon a philosophy, not divine claims nor mythology.

The issue though is that Satanism is knee deep in ritual like Daoism and because of this people think it is theistic. I having studied Asian philosophy in the past(former Hindu and Muslim) highly regard ritual as beneficial to the human experience and will immediately side with Kong Fuzi on this topic. No metaphysical beings(gods, demons nor angels) exist beyond the very words you use to create existence of them.

Is the usage of ritual breaking the 'rules' of atheism and blurring the lines between sinner and saint? Or is it simply irrelevant as the etymological foundation of Atheism would imply?

Oh, a satanist?

Last time we had your kind around here, they were insisting that magic was a thing... Oh the good old times.

To your ritual question; the only 'rule' of atheism is that a person not believe in deities as that is the sole requirement of said stance. Atheists can do whatever they want and still be under the 'atheist' title, so long as no deities are believed in during said 'whatever'; be it kooky rituals, believing in woo a la reincarnation or whatever.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
17-06-2014, 04:13 AM
Satanism, ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhDodgy. What ever you are cool so it won't bother me.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube