Satanism and Ritualism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2014, 10:41 AM
RE: Satanism and Ritualism
(17-06-2014 09:25 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  To me, it's like someone jumping up and down and shouting, "No, the Emperor is dressed in rags!"

That's a really good analogy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
17-06-2014, 10:50 AM
(17-06-2014 09:25 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  The big problem I see is that, as a polar-opposite reaction to xtian batshittery, it's slave to xtian batshittery, and just equal-opposite batshittery..

Agreed, and it reminded me of a favorite song of mine (relevant lyrics highlighted).

311 - Reconsider Everything

How many times will they do the same thing?
How did they get programmed to, your following?
Everyone's locked up in their suffering
The only way you can tell is reconsider everything

What if the truth is that there is no truth
The only thing I can prove is there is no proof
Don't be so sure that your source is correct
People believed it before, before they had checked

How many times can they tell you
Til you just give them their way
How many times can sell you
Til you let them have their say
Every time you will ignore your
Heart it will come back twice more
Never deny your own instinct
Reconsider Everything

Everybody want something they control
Some just want grass some they want gold
Either way does it feel good or feel low
Taking you down not fast but real slow

Rebellion done for it's own sake
Does not a true free thinker make
To go against for it's own sake
You're still controlled by the course that the other man takes

Reconsider everything, reconsider everything
Reconsider everything

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
17-06-2014, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2014 11:45 AM by Mr. Slave.)
(17-06-2014 04:13 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Satanism, ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhDodgy. What ever you are cool so it won't bother me.

I take part in one of the few atheistic religions that permits orgies and you are just jealous Tongue

Crazy you say?
Wouldn't a crazy man ask another man if he was crazy?! Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Slave's post
17-06-2014, 11:27 AM
(17-06-2014 04:31 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  What kind of philosophy is Satanism based on?

Are you familiar with Albert Camus and Nietzsche?

Quote:I'm having a hard time understanding why a person should need a ritual for the sake of the ritual. Are these rituals supposed to help with something?

Ritual is ritual. It is purely enjoyment. One of the major rules of Satanism is hedonism. I am a Luciferianism Satanism so intellectual hedonism is more important.
What would you expect ritual to be for? Conjuring demons? That sort of stuff is just in the movies and Pat Robinson's rants.

Crazy you say?
17-06-2014, 11:31 AM
(17-06-2014 06:03 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Are you talking about LaVeyan Satanism, or something else? I know next to nothing about the topic, but I know LaVey had his own philosophy on the matter, and that's the only one I know of regarding to Satanism.

Generally most strains of Satanism are atheistic. I am a Luciferian Satanist which differs from LaVeyan Satanism in that it places the acquisition of knowledge as a human beings first priority to a fulfilling life.
"The truth will set you free"

Quote:The first rule of atheism is: you do not believe in any gods.
The second rule of atheism is: you do not believe in any gods.

Yeah, I know this but many atheists want to tie anti-religiosity into atheism.
Quote:...and that's really it. Anything else is talking about something different. If you add any more qualifiers to it, you're over-defining the term. This means that atheists can believe in unicorns, leprechauns, ghosts, Obama-Muslim-communist-Kenyan-born-Antichrist conspiracies, and they can even perform rituals. I think you'll be hard pressed to find any atheist posters here who believe in any of those things, but it's not technically off the table.

I have only known one atheist in my life time who believed in an afterlife. Little odd but interesting considering it is not an atheistic norm.

Crazy you say?
17-06-2014, 11:38 AM
(17-06-2014 09:25 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 07:54 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Like Pastafarianism. I toyed around with LaVeyan Satanism in high school Blush
Mostly to fuck with people.

Though, I didn't know anyone actually believed in the devil. From my understanding it was just ritual to either fuck with people or just because it relaxed you (like a form of meditation).

The big problem I see is that, as a polar-opposite reaction to xtian batshittery, it's slave to xtian batshittery, and just equal-opposite batshittery..

It's like they believe in xtian tenets and rituals more than xtians do. And they seem to play into xtian assumptions hook, line and sinker, and aid xtians in their "good/evil" dichotomy bullshit delusions by providing the role of "Evil" in their little morality play. They give xtians a living, breathing Bogeyman to point to, where before they only had a straw man.

To me, it's like someone jumping up and down and shouting, "No, the Emperor is dressed in rags!"

Yeah this is a big issue in the Satanic community which is why people like LaVey made Satanism unaffiliated to Christianity. Satanism is not "reverse Christianity" and being a former Muslim I would prefer it to be reverse Islam but that is just my mind wandering.
I am a Luciferian Satanist for example and many people in my sect do wish to make Luciferianism depart from Satanism some how which is flat out ridiculous. LaVey's current bunch of screw heads are not exactly the brightest of the bunch and instead are constantly high and depressed. I do not even associate with them anymore. Which is why I just hang out with fellow atheists and began taking part in this forum.

Laveyan Satanists are just Christian mockery. Drug induced, worthless, white boy teenagers wanting to get laid. Sums of Laveyan Satanism fairly good.

Crazy you say?
17-06-2014, 11:41 AM
(17-06-2014 11:24 AM)Mr. Slave Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 04:13 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Satanism, ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhDodgy. What ever you are cool so it won't bother me.

I take part in one of the view few atheistic religions that permits orgies and you are just jealous Tongue

"I'm not the kind of guy who has a huge weight problem, but I am the kind of guy who could really put the brakes on an orgy. Everyone would be like, 'Was he invited? Why is he eating a cake?' I've never been in an orgy. I feel like it'd be like what happens when I try and play pick-up basketball. Like, no one passes me the ball; everyone asks me to keep my shirt on." -Mike Birbiglia

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
17-06-2014, 09:54 PM
(17-06-2014 11:24 AM)Mr. Slave Wrote:  

I take part in one of the few atheistic religions that permits orgies and you are just jealous Tongue

Sorry bud, we don't need to be in any religion to have our own orgies.

(17-06-2014 11:27 AM)Mr. Slave Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 04:31 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  What kind of philosophy is Satanism based on?

Are you familiar with Albert Camus and Nietzsche?

Quote:I'm having a hard time understanding why a person should need a ritual for the sake of the ritual. Are these rituals supposed to help with something?

Ritual is ritual. It is purely enjoyment. One of the major rules of Satanism is hedonism. I am a Luciferianism Satanism so intellectual hedonism is more important.
What would you expect ritual to be for? Conjuring demons? That sort of stuff is just in the movies and Pat Robinson's rants.

Then why bother with the mumbo-jumbo shit? Why not just invite your friends over for orgies like we do, without all the silly bullshit.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
17-06-2014, 10:00 PM
(17-06-2014 11:38 AM)Mr. Slave Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 09:25 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  The big problem I see is that, as a polar-opposite reaction to xtian batshittery, it's slave to xtian batshittery, and just equal-opposite batshittery..

It's like they believe in xtian tenets and rituals more than xtians do. And they seem to play into xtian assumptions hook, line and sinker, and aid xtians in their "good/evil" dichotomy bullshit delusions by providing the role of "Evil" in their little morality play. They give xtians a living, breathing Bogeyman to point to, where before they only had a straw man.

To me, it's like someone jumping up and down and shouting, "No, the Emperor is dressed in rags!"

Yeah this is a big issue in the Satanic community which is why people like LaVey made Satanism unaffiliated to Christianity. Satanism is not "reverse Christianity" and being a former Muslim I would prefer it to be reverse Islam but that is just my mind wandering.
I am a Luciferian Satanist for example and many people in my sect do wish to make Luciferianism depart from Satanism some how which is flat out ridiculous. LaVey's current bunch of screw heads are not exactly the brightest of the bunch and instead are constantly high and depressed. I do not even associate with them anymore. Which is why I just hang out with fellow atheists and began taking part in this forum.

Laveyan Satanists are just Christian mockery. Drug induced, worthless, white boy teenagers wanting to get laid. Sums of Laveyan Satanism fairly good.

You didn't address the point. Nor did you demonstrate how your satanism, luciferianism, whatthefuckever, is "not reverse xtianity". How could it not be when its main character and namesake is lifted right out of xtian myths.

Make sense.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
17-06-2014, 10:47 PM
(16-06-2014 10:20 PM)Mr. Slave Wrote:  I am a Satanist(I will purchase your soul for the right price).

I JUST got done with an Email from http://www.ahardyusa.com/PRODUCTS/SPIRIT...ion-Series

I want one of those bottles of 140 year old Cognac fucking BAD...but they are $8400.00 EACH and only Light and Earth are left.

If You fork over the $8,400.00 USD for me to buy one of these. I will GLADLY Give over my soul to you. I can just imagine how mother fucking beautiful the bottles must look in person and more so than that. How beautiful the alcohol must taste.

I will plan it out to where on my death bed, I will sip the very last ounce of it and gift the bottle to whomever my next of kin is after I die. The liquid and the bottle are a thing of fine art and once its gone. Its gone forever.

Quote:Is the usage of ritual breaking the 'rules' of atheism and blurring the lines between sinner and saint? Or is it simply irrelevant as the etymological foundation of Atheism would imply?

There are plenty of Rituals that Atheists do all the time. Most non religious and some religious because its a "tradition" of some kind of holiday or whatever. Like kissing under the mistletoe etc. During Christmas and other small stuff like that.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ