Satanism and Ritualism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2014, 11:02 AM
RE: Satanism and Ritualism
(18-06-2014 05:57 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I am. However, I'm not familiar at all with how their philosophy could be linked to Satan.

Absurdism and the eternal recurrence have strong roles in Satanism as they encourage individuality under the suppression of religiosity.

Quote:If we are talking about religious rituals, it's not technically supposed to be purely enjoyment. Religious rituals have a cause. If you're just having fun, I don't think the word "ritual" is the one you should be using.

Ritual has meaning and enjoyment comes from it. Enjoying a ritual does not make it not a ritual.

Quote:If hedonism is important, why not just call yourself a hedonist instead?

If loving others is important why not call yourself a lovist instead?
Do you think hedonism is the only thing Satanism is? There would have to be more to Satanism than hedonism because myself am not a strong hedonist.

Quote:I can't see why Satan is relevant to this philosophy in any way either. Satan is strictly linked to the Abrahamic religions and to a specific idea of evil.

Lucifer. Lucifer is the light bringer and the archetype goes beyond Christianity and can be linked to Prometheus, the fallen titan who was cast from the "heavens" for rebelling. Then you have Phosphorus, Earendel, Shukra, al-Kutbay and Hesperus. Satan is not new and the actions described in the Bible are just a clone of a clone of a clone of a mythological archetype. Myths have purposes and form from meanings and Satanism is essentially the practical imitation of archetypes at a religious and philosophical level.

Quote:Prometheus and Satan hardly have anything in common.
Prometheus is not evil. He stood on the side of humans and went against a god who wanted to punish humans because of his ego.
The traditional, original Satan is evil, he doesn't care about humans and he only wants to deceive and lead them to sin.
Facepalm
Satan is not even evil in Judaic mythology, he is an agent of Yahweh numerous times. Satan is not even the same character int he Tanakh and is actually numerous characters. Also why are you fixated upon the Bible and the New Testament? If I was doing something similar to reverse Christianity why not have it reverse Islam since I was a Muslim?

The traditional origins of Satan do not parallel the Bible also. You need to seriously brush up on your religion.

Quote:I still don't see anything admirable in Satan (while I do in Prometheus) and I still don't understand how the use of the word is irrelevant to Christianity. If that is what you are implying.

Again the fixation with Christianity which I care nothing about along with most Satanists

Crazy you say?
Wouldn't a crazy man ask another man if he was crazy?! Hobo
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2014, 11:04 AM
(18-06-2014 08:42 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  So you are telling us that you are a poseur who likes to flaunt preposterous fantasies for the shock effect it generates on religious people.

Ho-hum.

Nope, I made some hypotheticals and apparently you have a reading disorder. Not my issue.

Crazy you say?
18-06-2014, 11:07 AM
(18-06-2014 08:39 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-06-2014 08:22 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Well, if you go deep into Bible interpretations, you won't even know if Satan exists or not. And if you just read it as it is, Satan is still evil Tongue

In any case, what I'm saying is that by attributing characteristics to Satan that have no basis on the Bible, you're not even doing a better job than Christian apologetics.

Screw interpretations; I'm not a gymnast. I takes them words as I sees 'em.

I'm just sayin' I don't think we can properly gauge the motives of Serpent/Satan accurately, and that it's acts seem more human-friendly than those of Yahweh, at least that point in the story.

In total 2,821,364 killings are done at the hand of god and 10 at the hand of Satan.

Is that not hilarious or what?

Crazy you say?
18-06-2014, 11:14 AM
"I'm a Satanist, but it's not really Satan, it's Lucifer, oh but no, Promethius, Phosphorus, Earendel, Shukra, al-Kutbay and Hesperus too...and we're hedonists but not really hedonists, and we're absurdists but we don't really notice the absurdity of our own position, blah blah blah..."

And you call ME the one with a reading comprehension problem. Thumbsup
Hobo Laughat

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
18-06-2014, 11:15 AM
And the point of this thread is ?Consider
18-06-2014, 11:22 AM
*Sigh*

Its a good episode. Worth listening to.
18-06-2014, 11:27 AM
(18-06-2014 11:14 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  "I'm a Satanist, but it's not really Satan, it's Lucifer, oh but no, Promethius, Phosphorus, Earendel, Shukra, al-Kutbay and Hesperus too...and we're hedonists but not really hedonists, and we're absurdists but we don't really notice the absurdity of our own position, blah blah blah..."

And you call ME the one with a reading comprehension problem. Thumbsup
Hobo Laughat

Oh crap, I thought it would take at least a month to meet a troll on this forum but oh well. Shit happens

Crazy you say?
18-06-2014, 11:31 AM
(18-06-2014 11:22 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  *Sigh*

Oh My Dear Fuck, it's even stupider than I thought....

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
18-06-2014, 11:34 AM
(18-06-2014 11:31 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(18-06-2014 11:22 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  *Sigh*

Oh My Dear Fuck, it's even stupider than I thought....

ROFL Its Seths reactions that are funny.
18-06-2014, 12:29 PM
(16-06-2014 10:20 PM)Mr. Slave Wrote:  Satanism is much like Buddhism and Taoism in that it is a religion that is founded upon a philosophy, not divine claims nor mythology.

The issue though is that Satanism is knee deep in ritual like Daoism and because of this people think it is theistic.
I have no interest in symbolism, rituals or belonging to a group that instructs on how I should behave.

But if you get value out of it then that's upto you. I am well aware that Satanism isn't a religion of worshiping Satan as the name would suggest. It seems as if the name is supposed to mock religion. I could never put so much effort into mocking something. I think the name alone is off putting.

But again, that's just me.