Satanism and Ritualism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2014, 12:33 PM
RE: Satanism and Ritualism
(18-06-2014 11:34 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(18-06-2014 11:31 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Oh My Dear Fuck, it's even stupider than I thought....

ROFL Its Seths reactions that are funny.
Indeed.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2014, 12:35 PM
(18-06-2014 11:27 AM)Mr. Slave Wrote:  
(18-06-2014 11:14 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  "I'm a Satanist, but it's not really Satan, it's Lucifer, oh but no, Promethius, Phosphorus, Earendel, Shukra, al-Kutbay and Hesperus too...and we're hedonists but not really hedonists, and we're absurdists but we don't really notice the absurdity of our own position, blah blah blah..."

And you call ME the one with a reading comprehension problem. Thumbsup
Hobo Laughat

Oh crap, I thought it would take at least a month to meet a troll on this forum but oh well. Shit happens

So you have no rebuttal and you whine about imaginary trolls. HoboLaughat

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
18-06-2014, 03:03 PM
(18-06-2014 11:02 AM)Mr. Slave Wrote:  Ritual has meaning and enjoyment comes from it. Enjoying a ritual does not make it not a ritual.

You're missing my point. I didn't say that if you enjoy something it's not a ritual. I said that if you do something like a ritual just for enjoyment, you can't really call it a ritual.

I was just wondering about the meaning you are talking about, you still haven't told us what the meaning or the purpose of those rituals is.

(18-06-2014 11:02 AM)Mr. Slave Wrote:  If loving others is important why not call yourself a lovist instead?
Do you think hedonism is the only thing Satanism is? There would have to be more to Satanism than hedonism because myself am not a strong hedonist.

You are missing my point again. You keep talking about what Satanism is about, but you're not giving us the link between Satan and Satanism's philosophy.

(18-06-2014 11:02 AM)Mr. Slave Wrote:  Lucifer. Lucifer is the light bringer and the archetype goes beyond Christianity and can be linked to Prometheus, the fallen titan who was cast from the "heavens" for rebelling. Then you have Phosphorus, Earendel, Shukra, al-Kutbay and Hesperus. Satan is not new and the actions described in the Bible are just a clone of a clone of a clone of a mythological archetype. Myths have purposes and form from meanings and Satanism is essentially the practical imitation of archetypes at a religious and philosophical level.

Again, the point I'm trying to make and you keep avoiding to address is this: Why give Satanism that name? Is the name irrelevant to the fact that Satan appears in Christianity and Islam and that Christianity and Islam have spread out significantly (thus making "Satan" a more popular figure than, say, Prometheus)?

(18-06-2014 11:02 AM)Mr. Slave Wrote:  Facepalm
Satan is not even evil in Judaic mythology, he is an agent of Yahweh numerous times. Satan is not even the same character int he Tanakh and is actually numerous characters. Also why are you fixated upon the Bible and the New Testament? If I was doing something similar to reverse Christianity why not have it reverse Islam since I was a Muslim?

The traditional origins of Satan do not parallel the Bible also. You need to seriously brush up on your religion.

(18-06-2014 11:02 AM)Mr. Slave Wrote:  Again the fixation with Christianity which I care nothing about along with most Satanists

The origins of the archetype of Satan obviously do not appear in the Bible first. But Satan, with this specific name, is a figure (or figures) that appeared in the Bible.

These are honest questions here, I'm not trying to insult anyone. You could try being a little nicer.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
18-06-2014, 03:12 PM
The more I hear about this whole topic, the more silly it becomes (just like theism and religion). Doing meaningless activities, which are based in fantasy, to make you feel good is just plain stupid IMO. As we get older we should migrate our thinking and energy towards reality and move away from what we would find fun only as a child.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 2 users Like Timber1025's post
18-06-2014, 03:40 PM
Rituals, especially chanting, as well as praying and a bunch of other activities release endorphins in the brain. That makes you feel good.

That is why these activities have such appeal.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-06-2014, 11:50 PM
(18-06-2014 12:29 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(16-06-2014 10:20 PM)Mr. Slave Wrote:  Satanism is much like Buddhism and Taoism in that it is a religion that is founded upon a philosophy, not divine claims nor mythology.

The issue though is that Satanism is knee deep in ritual like Daoism and because of this people think it is theistic.
I have no interest in symbolism, rituals or belonging to a group that instructs on how I should behave.

But if you get value out of it then that's upto you. I am well aware that Satanism isn't a religion of worshiping Satan as the name would suggest. It seems as if the name is supposed to mock religion. I could never put so much effort into mocking something. I think the name alone is off putting.

But again, that's just me.

1st thing about Satanism is that there are no rules. This is why no Satanist gets along with another Satanist.

2nd thing about Satanism is that it is not about mocking religion although that can be a portion of it. Atheists do it enough as it is actually

Crazy you say?
Wouldn't a crazy man ask another man if he was crazy?! Hobo
19-06-2014, 01:20 AM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2014 01:29 AM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(18-06-2014 11:50 PM)Mr. Slave Wrote:  
(18-06-2014 12:29 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I have no interest in symbolism, rituals or belonging to a group that instructs on how I should behave.

But if you get value out of it then that's upto you. I am well aware that Satanism isn't a religion of worshiping Satan as the name would suggest. It seems as if the name is supposed to mock religion. I could never put so much effort into mocking something. I think the name alone is off putting.

But again, that's just me.

1st thing about Satanism is that there are no rules. This is why no Satanist gets along with another Satanist.

Not sure that's really true. If that were the case, then there would be no rifts, schisms, or controversies. There would be no need for sects. In case of a disagreement, each party would simply go their own way without the slightest hint of any animosity. Each would understand that "there are no rules", and would gladly and freely accept the other party's right to walk their own path.

This is obviously not the case, since you have already pointed out various ongoing sectarian/doctrinal flame wars within your company.

Quote:2nd thing about Satanism is that it is not about mocking religion although that can be a portion of it. Atheists do it enough as it is actually

Sounds like you are trying to make up as you go along.

I can't imagine why anyone would take the trouble to learn to recite the "lord's prayer" fucking PHONETICALLY BACKWARDS, for example, and call themselves "not mocking"it.

Everything you as a group say and do in the name of your silly made-up "religion" -- and I use the term quite loosely -- is expressed in terms of a polemic stance against the Roman Catholic church.

In the end it's quite fucking silly.

As I said before: Hobo "The Emperor Is Dressed In Rags!!!" Hobo

[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
19-06-2014, 01:25 PM
(19-06-2014 01:20 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Not sure that's really true. If that were the case, then there would be no rifts, schisms, or controversies. There would be no need for sects. In case of a disagreement, each party would simply go their own way without the slightest hint of any animosity. Each would understand that "there are no rules", and would gladly and freely accept the other party's right to walk their own path.

This is obviously not the case, since you have already pointed out various ongoing sectarian/doctrinal flame wars within your company.

Yeah that only makes sense in your head. In Satanism there is this abundant issue with people wanting their to be rules along with elitism. Many Satanists try professing that they are "more Satanic" than others which frankly I do not understand.

Quote:Sounds like you are trying to make up as you go along.

Really? It sounds as if you are deeply challenged

Quote:I can't imagine why anyone would take the trouble to learn to recite the "lord's prayer" fucking PHONETICALLY BACKWARDS, for example, and call themselves "not mocking"it.

Not all Satanists do this and I just learned about that tid bit last year.

Quote:Everything you as a group say and do in the name of your silly made-up "religion" -- and I use the term quite loosely -- is expressed in terms of a polemic stance against the Roman Catholic church.

Facepalm and just like that I have lost all respect for humanity. Back to the ignore list with you.

Crazy you say?
Wouldn't a crazy man ask another man if he was crazy?! Hobo
19-06-2014, 10:20 PM
(19-06-2014 01:25 PM)Mr. Slave Wrote:  
(19-06-2014 01:20 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Not sure that's really true. If that were the case, then there would be no rifts, schisms, or controversies. There would be no need for sects. In case of a disagreement, each party would simply go their own way without the slightest hint of any animosity. Each would understand that "there are no rules", and would gladly and freely accept the other party's right to walk their own path.

Yeah that only makes sense in your head.

OH, look -- wishful thinking. Funny how no one else said it didn't make sense.

Drinking Beverage

Quote:
Quote: In Satanism there is this abundant issue with people wanting their to be rules along with elitism. Many Satanists try professing that they are "more Satanic" than others which frankly I do not understand.

[quote]Sounds like you are trying to make up as you go along.

Really? It sounds as if you are deeply challenged

And there you go again, lacking any sort of rebuttal, You go Nyah Nyah. Hobo

Real convincing argument there, Sport.

Quote:
Quote:I can't imagine why anyone would take the trouble to learn to recite the "lord's prayer" fucking PHONETICALLY BACKWARDS, for example, and call themselves "not mocking"it.

Not all Satanists do this and I just learned about that tid bit last year.

It's a helluva lot of effort to do that in the name of "not mocking religion". My point stands.

Quote:
Quote:Everything you as a group say and do in the name of your silly made-up "religion" -- and I use the term quite loosely -- is expressed in terms of a polemic stance against the Roman Catholic church.

Facepalm and just like that I have lost all respect for humanity.

LOL because you and your silly made-up "religion" got pwned.

Quote: Back to the ignore list with you.

Try sticking your flounce this time, whiner.

[Image: tumblr_li7oi1T9hi1qi4pboo1_500.jpg]