Satanism is the only real religion.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2012, 01:08 PM
RE: Satanism is the only real religion.
(06-02-2012 03:35 PM)Leela Wrote:  Sorry to say but Satanism is even more screwed up than Christianity and believe me I read lots more about satanism, I've spoken to many "satanists" and thought about the whole concept a lot.
I am keeping myself short here because otherwise I might just start rambling about misinterpretations, and history, and various religions that all played there part in this - over to what satanism used to be, how it started, and what it grew to be today and about the different kinds etc etc...
I will instead link you to my blog entry that gives a brief overview, still not covering everything but it's a starter isn't it.
Click here if you want to read it. It covers only the points that I found most important at the time of writing it.
Let's have a look at this blog of yours.
Quote:To get into it we need a basis and a few facts:
Satanism got it's name back in the times when christianity started rising.
The name "Satanism" has a long story. In short, a few stories got confused and mixed up in a weird way (greek myth about Helios, the fallen angel / angel got thrown out of heaven, the morning star in Isaiah/Bible).
So back then there was christianity starting to rise, and everyone who did not believe in christianity or dared to question something were said to be Satanist. So at this time Satan was the opposite of Jahwe (the god of the bible) if you want. So if you did not follow Jahwe you automatically were said to follow Satan. All kinds of things were made up, always pretty much the opposite of what was meant to be good and christian > black messes, demons, rituals, to name a few.
So for a long long time this is what was said to be Satanism and of course during trial there were forced confessions that underlined all this so after some time people did believe it.
But we don't want to forget, at this point, that it only started with people who simply didn't believe / questioned the belief.
That's fair enough, although there are alternative views on this.
Quote:So what is Satanism?
Actually there is no real Satanism. Yes, I dare say that. Why? I met so many people who told me they were Satanists. I am not judgemental and I never was, so I asked what exactly they believed AND I listened carefully.
Well that's a rather odd way to put that. By that logic there's no real Buddhism either, is there?
Quote:Philosophy about life
Everyone is "their own god" meaning embrace yourself. Question everything, don't follow blindly. Do what you want as long as you don't hurt anyone. Stay within the laws. Follow your dreams and your own targets. Take what you need / want. Don't care about what others think / say.
Sure.
Quote:Some kind of atheism
A bit like what was mentioned above but with the strong "there is no god" mixed into it.
Well, I'd say the two are quite interwoven, but fine.
Quote:Hatred against Jahwe
Mostly people who are or used to be christians. Who got disappointed in some way. The community / church / priest / the bible / god didn't help / praying didn't work / lost someone important / lost something important / etc.
Ending up with a statement of hate against the god of the bible, turning the back on it and following Satan who seems more real.
Now, this is where an important distinction needs to be made. These people are not satanists. Satanists don't believe in the christian god. That just doesn't work. I refuse to call these people satanists.
Quote:A form of rebellion
Being different is something many people want and need. And especially want to show. Shocking people with "I am Satanist" and showing that one is different. Often this is gets really dangerous, depending on the people you get in touch with.
Again, I won't call these people satanists.
Quote:Black magic
No. Black magic is something different. There is no direct connection to satanism. There are people who call themselfes Satanist and "do" black magic as well as the other way around but not every Satanist is into black or any magic.
I'd say it's the other way around, there are satanists who don't practice black magic, but I'd say most do. It's an integral part of satanism and other left-hand path religions.
Quote:Dangerous
There are in fact some cults out there that are very dangerous and call themselfes Satanists. Those who actually kill and hurt people and animals, who do perform all kinds of rituals, who do illegal things.
Again, most self-respecting satanists won't call these people satanists. The actions of these people are not in line with satanic doctrine.
Quote:CoS
Actually believe in the real existance of Satan. They do have a book just like the bible, they preach and you can actually be an official member.
That's pretty much wrong in every possible way. The CoS does not believe in a literal Satan, they don't have a book "just like the bible" (they do have literature, but none of it bears resemblance to the Bible, other than the title), they don't preach, but you can indeed be a member, meaning that you pay $200, send in an application and receive a red card with the words "Church of Satan" on it.

Honestly, when you say that you've "read lots more about Satanism" and make mistakes that would have been fixed by spending 2 minutes on Google, I have to assume that you're being dishonest or reading awful information (christian propaganda would be my first guess).
Quote:So, there is no definition of Satanism that just fits.
Sorry to disappoint.
Well, I would like to note that all of the things that you described that would (reasonably) fall under the category of satanism do fit in LaVeyn Satanism, so...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Pr0fanus's post
29-03-2012, 01:23 PM
(15-03-2012 07:20 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(14-03-2012 07:50 PM)Kerberos Wrote:  It really sounds like you never read two chapters into the Satanic Bible. You make a lot of generalizations based off slanderous myths.

She's a former witch, she prolly knows what she's talking about. The generalizations are likely derivative of having little reason to respect a faulty belief system. Wink

I prefer Set myownself. Satan is too closely aligned to Christianity.
From Leela's blog:
Quote:CoS
Actually believe in the real existance of Satan. They do have a book just like the bible, they preach and you can actually be an official member.
Quote:Black magic
No. Black magic is something different. There is no direct connection to satanism. There are people who call themselfes Satanist and "do" black magic as well as the other way around but not every Satanist is into black or any magic.
By those two statements alone I'd say no, she really doesn't.
30-03-2012, 01:31 AM

Satanism is, of course, silly. But it does make good theater. Thanks for the video link.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
30-03-2012, 02:05 AM
(30-03-2012 01:31 AM)Egor Wrote:  Satanism is, of course, silly. But it does make good theater. Thanks for the video link.
"Of course"? How so?
30-03-2012, 05:21 AM
(06-02-2012 04:05 PM)satan69 Wrote:  Leela, I actually speak to Satan. He speaks to me. He tells me to only date single women 18 to 25 with no kids. He tells me to not get married, so I don't lose half my shit. I can only get this kind of wisdom from the only true god: Lucifer. Unfortunately, christians like Kingschosen are trying to brainwash the masses with their lies.

If that true, you need to seek professional psychiatric help because you are cuckoo.
[+] 3 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
30-03-2012, 08:31 AM
Seems to me Satan is obviously not omniscience or he would know about a prenuptial agreement. Tongue

One would think with all the lawyers in hell.....
30-03-2012, 08:36 AM
(14-03-2012 10:33 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(06-02-2012 02:50 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I know you're being sarcastic, but I've actually read the Satanic Bible.

It's about self indulgence and doing what makes you feel good. The other stuff in it is just to mock Christianity. I think maybe .1% of Satanists actually worship the deity.

There's a Satanic bible???
Yes.

Kind of shocked you didn't know this. It's a pretty good read. Interesting at least.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
18-11-2012, 12:06 PM
(06-02-2012 03:35 PM)Leela Wrote:  Sorry to say but Satanism is even more screwed up than Christianity and believe me I read lots more about satanism, I've spoken to many "satanists" and thought about the whole concept a lot.
I am keeping myself short here because otherwise I might just start rambling about misinterpretations, and history, and various religions that all played there part in this - over to what satanism used to be, how it started, and what it grew to be today and about the different kinds etc etc...
I will instead link you to my blog entry that gives a brief overview, still not covering everything but it's a starter isn't it.
Click here if you want to read it. It covers only the points that I found most important at the time of writing it.

I read your blog entry.
Satanism was created in 1966. Before that there was no official Satanic religion, like it or not, Anton LaVey codified Satanism. and the church of Satan does NOT believe in a literal Satan so you are in error there and there is a lot more to Satanism than the Satanic Bible, There are numerous essays and articles and books an then there are numerous sects of Satanism out there-Including Shadakism which is a branch of Satanic Witches.
18-11-2012, 12:42 PM
(07-02-2012 01:47 AM)Jasrace Wrote:  
(07-02-2012 12:49 AM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  i disagree, self above everything is okay as long as right in second place it's others
and is treated with import. e.g. i get to have fun and freedom but not infringe on others'

I'm not sure what the Satanic Bible says about infringing on the rights of others. I have watched some interviews with Anton Lavey. He had said if people do bad things, they should realize it and enjoy them. Not sure what he was talking about. But in my opinion, the only bad things people could do, such as stealing out of greed, lying, crulety, hurting people, etc. no sane person could or should enjoy doing.
Sane is an opinion.
Ive never been diagnosed with a mental illness.
I am not a sociopath, though borderline perhaps.
I care about myself first which is what Satanism encourages me to do and then my Circle of 9 come next, of course I would never harm children, animals or retarded people as they are innocents and cannot defend themselves.
However, I love it when I obtain a new mark in my Job. I love to manipulate people out of their money and goods, I love to fuck with people, Not just for money though, any control I can garner over any individual is fun-and Im very good at it, I am a master manipulator (lesser magic). I will not steal but I will not balk when someone hands me $100 for a useless product.
Lying? LaVey once said he was one hell of a liar and I feel this encourages us to also be liars, The Bible says to confuse and confound those around you does it not?
Smile
Hail Satan
18-11-2012, 12:47 PM
(18-11-2012 12:42 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  The Bible says to confuse and confound those around you does it not?
Quite the opposite, actually.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]