Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2011, 03:39 PM
RE: Satanism
(29-05-2011 03:27 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  [quote]
That's very good , though , they can dismiss Satan as god-like. They do give him super natural powers , but they so with angels as well. Actually , Satan is a fallen angel if I remember my Bible correctly , no ? So they could just say he's less powerful than god or not A god. I think the christian concept of god is unquestioningly powerful with no other like it. So this may work with some but not others.

My knowledge of 'Lucifer' is mixed from a few different sources, so I can't be sure what the bible itself says. Basically, he wanted to be equal or superior to God, or at least didn't want to be forced to serve him. [Some stories say that he only rebelled when he was told to kneel to Man]. In any case, he led a rebellion, taking 1/3 of hell to his side. [Which raises a few questions. Apparently God gave them time to raise a Rebellion. So if God is all knowing, he just sat around and let Lucifer/Satan go around and tempt the other Angels rather than debating Lucifer/Satan. Unless Angels can communicate telepathically, instantaneously?]

He was defeated, because God is the top dog here, and cast out of Heaven. Though we can see throughoutthe old testament that Satan talks to God many times. However it is important to remember that Satan means Adversary [In Hebrew I believe]. So it is speculated that Lucifer and Satan are not always the same character.

The devil is just an excuse to explain why God shouldn't be held accountable for evil. Though, if any of it were true, he would still be to blame for allowing it to exist.

'You left the candle on even though the room was filled with fumes?' 'Totally not my fault the room exploded. You should have just followed the sound of my voice, not lit the candle.'
Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2011, 03:59 PM
RE: Satanism
Quote:or at least didn't want to be forced to serve him.
Well , if that makes you a satanist , then let us sacrifice a goat to the dark lord Wink

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply