Satanists = one big wtf

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2010, 01:58 AM
Satanists = one big wtf
Ok this is something that has bothered me for a while. Satanists, the guys who have the odd blood rituals and the murders which "Satan requires them to do" with their book full of stories about how to mutilate people and how to extract body fat from newborns and all sick stuff like that (I read a few chapters of Satan's bible in the library)

And this struck me as a giant WTF.

Looking at the Bible, the book where Satan first appeared, you see that he is actually not an evil force. The only "evil" thing he does is mess up some guy's life at the command of God. That is it, other than that he is mentioned as more of a quiet first officer on the starship of heaven. (<- lol)
That is unless you consider the chapter of the new testament where he tells Joshua bin-Joseph (I found out Jesus' probable real name yay! :3) that he's starved himself enough and should either eat something or jump off a cliff to see heaven. (also he told him thats he's in charge of everything on earth if he quits starving himself now, but he's supposed to be the son of god so like... yeah)

Anyway, thoughts on these people who got the wrong end of the stick?

(also I had a high school friend who was a satanist and was opposed to the more violent things in satanism and him and his church group just had a ritual of cutting a star into their hand and burning their blood in an incense shrine with a few symbols on it at certain times of the month. I was allowed to watch one day and it was really creepy with the cutting and the chanting, but they didn't seem very hostile so idk... Creepy anyways :3)

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2010, 07:02 AM
RE: Satanists = one big wtf
There are many different Satanist ideologies, some much stranger than the others.
Like Christianity and other religions Satanism has different denominations.

Some Satanists actually believe in and worship a deity.
Some Satanists use "Satan" as a symbol to describe their "ethics".
Some Satanists wear black leather clothing and listen to heavy metal.

The most common type of Satanism I have seen around is LaVeyan Satanism
which seems to be more of a moral code than religion to me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism

http://www.youtube.com/user/MindprowlerMusic
12-10-2010, 07:50 AM
Yeah. I know a lot of people who have read LeVey's Satanic Bible and it seems like it's more about Victorian-style willpower and not taking shit from anyone than it is about goat's blood.

There's a fantastic quote in the seminal documentary Metal: A Headbanger's Journey (a brilliant and absolutely fascinating anthropological study of heavy metal) by Gaahl from the Satanist Norwegian black metal band Gorgoroth. It was something to the effect of, "Any man born to be king will be king. Any man born to be a slave doesn't know Satan." Kinda sums up the philosophy nicely for me.

I think the sort of generalised teenage pentagram laden smokin' in the bedroom when the parents are out leather jacket wearing Slayer listening form of Satanism is more about rebellion against establishment than a real organised religion.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
12-10-2010, 08:17 AM

Santanism to me is more of an attention thing. It's the same reason people pierce every part of their body or tattoo their face, or any of the other "shocking" stuff. It's not a real ideology IMHO. BTW when I was I think 17 a friend and I shoplifted the Satanic Bible from Walden books, LOL. It seemed like the only correct way to obtain it, no?
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2010, 10:58 AM
It seems to me than Satanists are much nicer than Christians. They accept gays. They accept skeptics. They drink. They party. They screw around. I dunno, if Satan promotes sin, then it seems like all he's doing is running a 24/7 frat party.

Then again, I know absolutely nothing on the subject.

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
12-10-2010, 12:23 PM

(12-10-2010 01:58 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Ok this is something that has bothered me for a while. Satanists, the guys who have the odd blood rituals and the murders which "Satan requires them to do" with their book full of stories about how to mutilate people and how to extract body fat from newborns and all sick stuff like that (I read a few chapters of Satan's bible in the library)

What is the title of that copy of Satan's Bible?

I own Anton LaVey's "Satanic Bible" and there are no such references, as to those you describe.

There are Theistic Satanists, who believe in a literal Satanic figure, just like Christians believe in a literal Jesus and/or God.
There are spiritual Satanists, which is what the Church of Satan promotes, as they are atheists. The Satanic figure is a metaphor for what amounts to hedonism. I.e. if it feels good do it, amid consenting adults. They espouse a philosophy of auto-Deism. (self as god).
There is no literal Satan in the Church of Satan philosophy. And they decry animal and human sacrifice as behaviors of a warped depraved psyche.
The Satanic Bible was not Anton LaVey's original work. He plagiarized all of it through a ghost writer he retained to write it for him, with his direction, and then put his name on it as credited author. It's a compilation of information derived from: Ayn Rand (Objectivism) Nietzsche, and Ragnar Redbeard's, Might is Right. Now that LaVey is long dead, the current Magus of CoS Peter Gilmore has added his name to the cover. Even though he had nothing whatever to do with the authorship of the original. (The present Satanic Bible remains unchanged from LaVey's time)

Then there is The Joy of Satan, which are a spiritual Satanic Ministry.

So, I'd be interested in knowing what Satanic Bible you speak of that has ritual information the likes of what you describe in the OP.

Many people revere the antithesis of the Christian god, because it counters the meme, and the egregore powers, manifest by those faith traditions that espouse self-deprecation as ritual and enslave the self-esteem to a station of deficit from birth. Satanism honors the intellect, the highest mind, the power of will, the manifest intent of one's personal desires and espouses self as the temple of manifest creative power. As the human is the highest conscious being on the earth and ruler of their own destiny, so that everything serves the will of man/woman.

"True" Satanism, has nothing at all to do with human sacrifice, nor animal, nor that of innocent babies. Babies being the closest conduit to the source of all that is, they are the pure form of potential and spontaneity. Sacrifice of babies, or children, though there probably are some sick twisted psychopathic murdering trash out there that do that, as well as animals, and think they're giving all hail to Satan, are actually insulting the Satanic power that is alive in all things and does not need to be spilled in blood ritual, in order to be appeased, because there is no true Satanic being anywhere to appreciate it.
Those that are Theistic Satanists, believe contrary to that, that there is indeed a Dark Father. Or Satan, imbued with the same characteristics as that of father God of Theistic Christian or Monotheistic faiths. However, rather than condemning the human animal for being human, Satan inspires, encourages and imbues the conscious will of the individual, to achieve greatness for one's own sake. Rather than accepting of themselves, according to Christian tenets for example, that they are God's natural born sinners, condemned at birth and ever aspiring to sloth off the mantle of damnation so as to please the God that bestowed it upon them, and thus achieve Heaven in the after life.
Satanists do not accept there is an after life. They, for the most part though there are of course exceptions, are Mortalists. (This is not to say Satanists are immoral persons, for their faith system. As with any individual, morality is individual.)
12-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Wow! That was fantastic!
12-10-2010, 01:47 PM
Yeah, for real. Big up. If that's what kitten farts smell like then me likey.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
12-10-2010, 04:20 PM

Kitty farts fans! Who knew!? (Besides the cat's butt and it ain't talkin. *not for lack of trying, obviously Tongue ) Thank you for your kind words. Wink

This is a pretty wild video.
the History of Satanism
12-10-2010, 05:13 PM
The book I read had a red star on the front and "Bible of Satan" on the side as far as I remember.

Just still, absolutely brilliant response here. Learned more in a few minutes reading here than in hours reading for myself xD

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.