Satanists = one big wtf

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2010, 05:22 PM
RE: Satanists = one big wtf
(12-10-2010 05:13 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  The book I read had a red star on the front and "Bible of Satan" on the side as far as I remember.

Just still, absolutely brilliant response here. Learned more in a few minutes reading here than in hours reading for myself xD

Well, that ain't the Satanic Bible my friend.
I suggest you read the actual Satanic Bible, it's an interesting book.
Basically preaches indulgence over abstinence and the importance of
self gratification. Really, LaVeyan Satanists are just Hedonistic Atheists...

[Image: Satanic%20Bible-70KE.jpg]

http://www.youtube.com/user/MindprowlerMusic
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2010, 06:09 PM

(12-10-2010 05:22 PM)Mindprowler Wrote:  
(12-10-2010 05:13 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  The book I read had a red star on the front and "Bible of Satan" on the side as far as I remember.

Just still, absolutely brilliant response here. Learned more in a few minutes reading here than in hours reading for myself xD

Well, that ain't the Satanic Bible my friend.
I suggest you read the actual Satanic Bible, it's an interesting book.
Basically preaches indulgence over abstinence and the importance of
self gratification. Really, LaVeyan Satanists are just Hedonistic Atheists...

[Image: Satanic%20Bible-70KE.jpg]
That is true.

If one doesn't wish to purchase the Satanic Bible, it's available at most Libraries. Or through Inter-Library Loan. Definitely worth the read.Smile

Here's another interesting book, if anyone is of a mind.

The Gospel According to Satan: or A Satanic Parody of the Bible
("Look Inside" is great. Skip the Intro and go right to chapter 1.)

It reminds me of the 2006 book, Sophia Bestiae: The Wisdom of the Beast .
By Edward O'Toole.
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2010, 11:02 PM
When I was younger I actually referred to myself as a LaVeyan Satanist.
Why? Because it sounded pretty badass at the time and made me feel like
I was special. If you refer to yourself as a "God" for a long enough period of
time you eventually start to become quite conceited. It took me a while to
realize I was just an attention hungry atheist. Thanks Sagan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wupToqz1e2g

13-10-2010, 01:58 AM

Very informative post indeed, GK! With all due respect, it seems to me that satanism is simply a counterpoint to theism - revering Satan is an indirect affirmation of monotheism. I'd guess that most of what most people know of satanism is by means of movies - which is not exactly renowned for its adherence to substantive reality.
13-10-2010, 05:11 AM
I knew some Satanists back in the day. They were usually kids who were just trying to rebel by being the most opposite of their parents etc. Frankly, Satanism isn't really that much different than any other religion. It's all just a bunch of fairytales and posturing.
13-10-2010, 07:04 AM
(13-10-2010 05:11 AM)catdance62 Wrote:  I knew some Satanists back in the day. They were usually kids who were just trying to rebel by being the most opposite of their parents etc. Frankly, Satanism isn't really that much different than any other religion. It's all just a bunch of fairytales and posturing.

Have you even read the thread?

13-10-2010, 07:33 AM

Funny, just out of curiosity I checked on LeVay's book in my Library (which I love and use very often), and there are four copies all are reference only cannot be checked out. Gee I wonder why? Satanists might not be the most trustworthy people, and they don't pay their library fines! LOL!
13-10-2010, 04:01 PM

(13-10-2010 07:33 AM)Dregs Wrote:  Funny, just out of curiosity I checked on LeVay's book in my Library (which I love and use very often), and there are four copies all are reference only cannot be checked out. Gee I wonder why? Satanists might not be the most trustworthy people, and they don't pay their library fines! LOL!
No actually I would venture to say, it's to stop those books from being checked out and never returned by Christians!

I once went to the public library in a big city where I lived. I had a few occult titles I wanted to check out due to research I was doing for my own personal reasons, and when I found most were checked out I asked the Librarian if there was a due date so I could place holds on each title.
Turns out many of those books had been written off by the library as lost/stolen and had been "checked out" for years in some cases.

It was a regular occurrence she said. Turns out, there was a well known Christian activist group in the area that made it their mission to join with other like minded groups in the State. They checked out occult titles, in an effort to "remove the Devil's preaching from the shelves". And then, on Christ's birthday (12/25) the membership of each of those groups brought their offering to baby Jesus in each town where they gathered, and burned the books thinking they were saving souls from Satan's influence.
(Not that anyone ever thought,a great Devil squasher would have been if their omniscient god had not created him in the first place!)

So I'd say your library has those copies registered as reference, not so that Satanists, who can well afford the cover price at a bookstore, but so that Christians don't break that pesky 8th commandment in god's service to saving the world from the book the Devil wrote in direct competition to that of daddy. [Image: 11.gif]
13-10-2010, 05:35 PM
GassyKitten : Please read the first post in the first thread under the first heading on this forum. Wink Anyone else who hasn't, please do so as well.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
13-10-2010, 08:29 PM

(13-10-2010 05:35 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  GassyKitten : Please read the first post in the first thread under the first heading on this forum. Wink Anyone else who hasn't, please do so as well.
Got it. Smile