Satanists want to erect monument next to 10 commandments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2014, 10:28 AM
RE: Satanists want to erect monument next to 10 commandments
(09-01-2014 04:52 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  teehee, 'erect'

edit: actually, the more I hear about these Satanists the more I like them. It's about shock factor, raising issues around religion by using religion against itself, it's genius.

I was a Satanist in high school. Just imagine the look on everyone's face when they ask: "have you heard the good word? " then you make a pentagram motion on your chest (instead of the cross) and reply: "why yes I have accepted Satan as my lord and savor". I got some of my friends to in on it too!
Shocking

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2014, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2014 09:06 PM by IndianAtheist.)
You know ? for all the hate Satan gets for being "The progenitor of evil"

[Image: god-v-satan.png]
He seriously can't even match the level of evil God Yahweh dishes out... lol he's so incompetent satan only killed lot's children,he's a saint compared to yahweh.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
[+] 1 user Likes IndianAtheist's post
10-01-2014, 12:53 AM
(09-01-2014 10:28 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 04:52 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  teehee, 'erect'

edit: actually, the more I hear about these Satanists the more I like them. It's about shock factor, raising issues around religion by using religion against itself, it's genius.

I was a Satanist in high school. Just imagine the look on everyone's face when they ask: "have you heard the good word? " then you make a pentagram motion on your chest (instead of the cross) and reply: "why yes I have accepted Satan as my lord and savor". I got some of my friends to in on it too!
Shocking

Yeah I knew a few Satanists in highschool; good, funny people, for the most part. I kind-of figured they were basically playing Harry Potter or some shit with the christians and incredibly numerous other religions in my city.

I didn't really care at the time. But as I grew up a bit, I realized its really rubbish to deal with people who live in some fairy tale world. They can all go fuck right off.

Except for ironic satanists... I guess they're okay.

EDIT: Pretty baked, not sure I used ironic correctly.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
10-01-2014, 12:21 PM
(10-01-2014 12:53 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 10:28 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I was a Satanist in high school. Just imagine the look on everyone's face when they ask: "have you heard the good word? " then you make a pentagram motion on your chest (instead of the cross) and reply: "why yes I have accepted Satan as my lord and savor". I got some of my friends to in on it too!
Shocking

Yeah I knew a few Satanists in highschool; good, funny people, for the most part. I kind-of figured they were basically playing Harry Potter or some shit with the christians and incredibly numerous other religions in my city.

I didn't really care at the time. But as I grew up a bit, I realized its really rubbish to deal with people who live in some fairy tale world. They can all go fuck right off.

Except for ironic satanists... I guess they're okay.

Pretty much, I never believed in the Judeo-Christian Satan, or any other god for that matter. Was just to fuck with people cause I was bored Smile Thumbsup

Atir aissom atir imon
10-01-2014, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2014 05:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
Looks like Baphomet is an inside joke among Satanists because it was likely an invention of the Catholics during the Inquisition. Those dastardly clever Satanists. Big Grin

At Salon: Why this satanic goat statue has the Christian right so freaked out - The pagan idol reveals the hypocrisy at the heart of so much fundamentalism .

(10-01-2014 12:53 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Except for ironic satanists... I guess they're okay.

Yup. Based on the description of Satanists in the Salon article that appears to be a proper use of the term. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-01-2014, 02:00 PM
(10-01-2014 05:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Looks like Baphomet is an inside joke among Satanists because it was likely an invention of the Catholics during the Inquisition. Those dastardly clever Satanists. Big Grin

At Salon: Why this satanic goat statue has the Christian right so freaked out - The pagan idol reveals the hypocrisy at the heart of so much fundamentalism .

(10-01-2014 12:53 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Except for ironic satanists... I guess they're okay.

Yup. Based on the description of Satanists in the Salon article that appears to be a proper use of the term. Thumbsup

Thanks for the read, reminds me of my high school days... (sigh)...good times, good times Smile

Atir aissom atir imon
16-01-2014, 10:52 AM
I gotta ask this - why is it that satanists have better monument designers than atheists?

Here's the satanist monument (proposed) in Oklahoma City
[Image: img-Group-unveils-design-of-Satan-statue...apitol.jpg]

And here's the atheist monument in Starke, FL.
[Image: David-Silverman-of-American-Atheists-at-...00x345.jpg]

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 4 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
16-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Re: RE: Satanists want to erect monument next to 10 commandments
(16-01-2014 10:52 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  I gotta ask this - why is it that satanists have better monument designers than atheists?

Here's the satanist monument (proposed) in Oklahoma City
[Image: img-Group-unveils-design-of-Satan-statue...apitol.jpg]

And here's the atheist monument in Starke, FL.
[Image: David-Silverman-of-American-Atheists-at-...00x345.jpg]

Because the satanists have rituals and images that defined their creed.

Atheists have got bupkis. And the American Atheists organization sucks. I recall disliking the quotes they put on their monument

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
16-01-2014, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2014 03:22 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
(09-01-2014 08:09 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  You know ? for all the hate Satan gets for being "The progenitor of evil"

[Image: god-v-satan.png]
He seriously can't even match the level of evil God Yahweh dishes out... lol he's so incompetent satan only killed lot's children,he's a saint compared to yahweh.

That is false; Christianity's Satan killed nobody in the Bible. The ten referenced in that graph are the ten children of Job whom were killed by "the Satan," which was a designation given to an angel sent by God to test Job's faith. Since it's Old Testament, the Christian concept of Satan had yet to exist.

[Image: giphy.gif]
29-01-2014, 10:24 AM
The motion is apparently gaining support. The mainstream news isn't being nasty to them. That's not to say there isn't nastiness. I overheard a couple students saying satan crossed a line and they'd rather there be no monument (i.e. take down the 10 commandments) than to see non-Christian monuments.