Satanists want to erect monument next to 10 commandments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2014, 10:30 AM
RE: Satanists want to erect monument next to 10 commandments
(29-01-2014 10:24 AM)natachan Wrote:  The motion is apparently gaining support. The mainstream news isn't being nasty to them. That's not to say there isn't nastiness. I overheard a couple students saying satan crossed a line and they'd rather there be no monument (i.e. take down the 10 commandments) than to see non-Christian monuments.

It's working! Big Grin

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2014, 11:09 AM
"Brady Henderson, legal director for ACLU Oklahoma, said if state officials allow one type of religious expression, they must allow alternative forms of expression, although he said a better solution might be to allow none at all on state property."

I say teach the controversy! Evil_monster

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
29-01-2014, 04:08 PM
I can't believe a bunch of Satanists are actually getting shit done.
They're a hell of a lot better then us lazy useless atheists that's for sure.

And yea, their monument is piles better then our toilet.

[Image: oscar.png]
29-01-2014, 05:17 PM
(29-01-2014 04:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I can't believe a bunch of Satanists are actually getting shit done.

HAIL SATAN! Evil_monster

Atir aissom atir imon
02-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Was wondering about this moratorium on monuments.

http://m.newsok.com/atheist-organization...le/3923848

Apparently one of the other six atheists who live in oklahoma sued the commission over this. So until the federal court hearing nothing will be done.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
02-02-2014, 03:38 PM
(29-01-2014 10:24 AM)natachan Wrote:  The motion is apparently gaining support. The mainstream news isn't being nasty to them. That's not to say there isn't nastiness. I overheard a couple students saying satan crossed a line and they'd rather there be no monument (i.e. take down the 10 commandments) than to see non-Christian monuments.

And that is exactly the point Smile If it is truly to be fairness and equality for everyone, it needs to be fair and equal for everyone. Otherwise, not constitutional. Controversial? Absolutely. Silly? Yep. Does it drive the point home? Fuck yeah.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
04-02-2014, 06:24 PM
(29-01-2014 04:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I can't believe a bunch of Satanists are actually getting shit done.

The toilet has a certain simple elegance to it though....
01-05-2014, 02:17 PM
UPDATE:
Photos of new statue
http://www.vice.com/read/heres-the-first...statehouse

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
01-05-2014, 02:21 PM
And the best quote from that article:

Nonetheless, the Satanists are building this thing, and I was offered an early peek at the work in progress by Temple spokesperson Lucien Greaves. Greaves told me he has received numerous threats from people who want to attack the sculpture, but that he “wouldn’t expect these outraged and nearly insensible reactionaries to actually know how to assault a bronze monument without severely hurting themselves in the process.” Still, he’s not taking any chances. The Temple is building a mold of the sculpture so they can pop these things out like evil, terribly expensive action figures whenever they need a new one.

“Depending on our insurance policy,” Greaves said, “we may be able to cast two from the destruction of one, expediting our arrival to the next battleground.”

Lolololol.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 4 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
01-05-2014, 02:24 PM
(01-05-2014 02:21 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  And the best quote from that article:

Nonetheless, the Satanists are building this thing, and I was offered an early peek at the work in progress by Temple spokesperson Lucien Greaves. Greaves told me he has received numerous threats from people who want to attack the sculpture, but that he “wouldn’t expect these outraged and nearly insensible reactionaries to actually know how to assault a bronze monument without severely hurting themselves in the process.” Still, he’s not taking any chances. The Temple is building a mold of the sculpture so they can pop these things out like evil, terribly expensive action figures whenever they need a new one.

“Depending on our insurance policy,” Greaves said, “we may be able to cast two from the destruction of one, expediting our arrival to the next battleground.”

Lolololol.

U mad theists?

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post