Satanists want to erect monument next to 10 commandments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2014, 02:24 PM
RE: Satanists want to erect monument next to 10 commandments
Yanno........

I just do not care. Not one bit.

Evil_monster

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2014, 03:42 PM
(01-05-2014 02:17 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  UPDATE:
Photos of new statue
http://www.vice.com/read/heres-the-first...statehouse

[Image: __fucking_awesome___gif_by_jantofan-d4247jx.gif]

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
03-05-2014, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2014 06:28 PM by Shadow Fox.)
I say we should let them. To say no to them based on the faith of the people who make the descision is persecution and robbing them of their freedom of speech.

It will also show a little contrast between the whole good/evil thing with them next to each other.

What would they put next to it anyway? Does satan have commandments? Like, could this be a Jedi oath vs a Sith oath kind of thing?

Could I put the 5 Kopimist Edicts next to it too?

So is this monument going up because it confused me a little bit.
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
03-05-2014, 06:35 PM
(03-05-2014 06:22 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I say we should let them. To say no to them based on the faith of the people who make the descision is persecution and robbing them of their freedom of speech.

It will also show a little contrast between the whole good/evil thing with them next to each other.

What would they put next to it anyway? Does satan have commandments? Like, could this be a Jedi oath vs a Sith oath kind of thing?

Could I put the 5 Kopimist Edicts next to it too?

So is this monument going up because it confused me a little bit.

Well technically, Jediism is a recognized religion, so yes you could.

And FTR, the modern Church of Satan aren't "devil worshippers," so it's not a "good vs. evil" dilemma. They're humanists who have a sense of humor and enjoy pushing boundaries with
things like this.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 3 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
03-05-2014, 06:41 PM
A commandment of Satanism would be something like,"To thine own self be true." That sort of thing.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
03-05-2014, 08:37 PM
It will go up as long as the commandments are up.

Their first request was to have the commandments removed. That didn't happen, so they said well, then you have to grant equal access to all religions. So the Church of Satan ( who sounds like loads of fun, seriously), said they are going to pit one up. First they submitted drawings, commandments stayed, so they had a fundraiser and raised much more than they expected. Commandments stayed, so now it's in production and will go up soon.

They gave every chance they could to just have the commandments removed.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 4 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
05-05-2014, 12:36 PM
I think it is great. Big fan of the if you let one you have to let all no matter how stupid approach. Personally I wish they would let none so we would not have to have the whole religion on government property discussion over and over and over...........
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
05-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Thumbsup Bowing
This has been coming for a long time. Having a nativity scene on government property is all fine and doesn't endorse or approve the underlying message. Okay, then you don't object to a monument to Islam or Satan either, right? After all, the display is meaningless... Why don't you like the Satan statue... Why are you mad? I don't understand.... were you lying when you claimed displaying your religious symbols wasn't approving of or promoting them????
[+] 2 users Like djhall's post