Satire magazine attacked in Paris 11 dead.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2015, 10:58 PM
RE: Satire magazine attacked in Paris 11 dead.
(10-01-2015 10:53 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 10:49 PM)bemore Wrote:  What happens next thursday?

Al Qaeda is planning a massacre in the UK.

And a 15 year old sad sack knows ALL about it.

Stay tuned... film at 11. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
10-01-2015, 10:58 PM
(10-01-2015 10:53 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 10:49 PM)bemore Wrote:  What happens next thursday?

Al Qaeda is planning a massacre in the UK.

Then its not very well planned if you are sharing it here.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
10-01-2015, 11:07 PM
(10-01-2015 10:58 PM)kim Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 10:53 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Al Qaeda is planning a massacre in the UK.

And a 15 year old sad sack knows ALL about it.

Stay tuned... film at 11. Drinking Beverage

We've had lots of new members join since Wednesday.

I'm beginning to worry that they are from the NSA. Dodgy

Thanks, Diddles Angry

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
10-01-2015, 11:25 PM
Guess what was published in a Saudi paper:

[Image: cartoon5_06_02_14.jpg]

CensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredEvil_monsterEvil_monsterEvil_monsterAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

Now would the people always talking about how nice muslims are come and talk some more about that fantasy.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
10-01-2015, 11:37 PM
(10-01-2015 11:25 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Guess what was published in a Saudi paper:

Now would the people always talking about how nice muslims are come and talk some more about that fantasy.

Am I missing something? That cartoon seems to be saying that the weapon of choice should be the the pen rather than the sword.

What's wrong with that?

Huh

10-01-2015, 11:38 PM
(10-01-2015 11:37 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 11:25 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Guess what was published in a Saudi paper:

Am I missing something? That cartoon seems to be saying that the weapon of choice should be the the pen rather than the sword.

What's wrong with that?

Huh

Well as far as I know the Arab press claims that the murderd cartoonists were nothing but thughs paid by jews.

11-01-2015, 12:11 AM

The state controlled paper of one theocracy does not represent the views of all Muslims, and you should know better than to make that broad of a generalization. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
11-01-2015, 12:18 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2015 12:23 AM by The Germans are coming.)
(11-01-2015 12:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

The state controlled paper of one theocracy does not represent the views of all Muslims, and you should know better than to make that broad of a generalization. Drinking Beverage

Do you actualy live in a European country?!

You the oh so holy who constantly keeps talking of this fantasy concept that is "the friendly muslim".

Forgotten the muslim gangs who torched and murderd their way through jewish neighbourhoods all across Europe this summer?
Forgotten the increased crime rates through the presence of these people?
Forgotten all the repulsive terror attacks of the past year?
Forgotten the aussaults on homosexuals and women?
Forgotten the assaults on the values and principles of European democracy?

Edit:

Snip.

Sorry for the accusation I posted against you and which I have now removed. i confused you with another forum member who several months ago defended the actions of jihadis.

[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
11-01-2015, 12:36 AM
I just realized I've never heard a Muslim's opinion on matters of terrorism... which didn't include a No True Scotsman fallacy. Not once.
This is a pretty good article on the issue.
http://leftfootforward.org/2014/09/by-de...ngs-worse/

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
11-01-2015, 01:31 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2015 05:33 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(11-01-2015 12:18 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(11-01-2015 12:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The state controlled paper of one theocracy does not represent the views of all Muslims, and you should know better than to make that broad of a generalization. Drinking Beverage
Do you actualy live in a European country?!

No, I live in the United States. Which for context was the target of the 9-11 attacks, has been the embodiment of the largest and most successful recruitment campaign for terrorists with our indiscriminate bombing of civilians, and 99% of the assholes that make up my average day are white Christians. In general as an atheist, I have far more to fear from the Christian Conservative Right than I do Radical Islam, and yet I somehow managed to not demonize all Christians just because some of them are crazy and have political power.

(11-01-2015 12:18 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  You the oh so holy who constantly keeps talking of this fantasy concept that is "the friendly muslim".

They do exist. They operate your taxi cabs and own gas stations, supermarkets, corner delis. Not all Muslims are radicals, just like not all Christians are the West Borough Baptists, and not all Jews are ultra-orthodox warmongers. The Muslim that gets you a Slurpie probably isn't the one who's going to cut your head off over a cartoon.

(11-01-2015 12:18 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Forgotten the muslim gangs who torched and murderd their way through jewish neighbourhoods all across Europe this summer?
Forgotten the increased crime rates through the presence of these people?
Forgotten all the repulsive terror attacks of the past year?
Forgotten the aussaults on homosexuals and women?
Forgotten the assaults on the values and principles of European democracy?

Alright, thanks asshole, for making me go all Godwin and shit. But should all of Europe still hold irrational fear of all Germans because of the Nazi's and the Holocaust? Did the Nazi's represent all Germans? Was it possible to be an average man in the Wehrmacht without all the Jew hatred, just someone serving their country or defending their home?

When the Allies took German prisoners of war, would they have been justified in summarily executing them all for war crimes? Would that have be justice?

(11-01-2015 12:18 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  How dare you! How dare you, the guy who defended people who execute homosexuals (yes I remember that very well you fascist cunt) accuse me of generalising and betrying the principles of democracy!

How dare I? Are you that stupid?

gen·er·al·ize
verb
1 - Make general or broad statement by inferring from specific cases.

That is exactly what you are doing. Facepalm

I'm not defending the assholes who commit atrocities, I'm questioning those who take the actions of some and use that to label the entire group. Guilt by association, and the presupposition of guilt, are the exact opposite of justice and freedom. So how about you step it back a bit, before you make an even bigger fool of yourself?

(11-01-2015 12:18 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I am the only one of the two of us who actualy has principles! Since you are the one who sang the praises of jihadi groups this summer!

Less hyperbole please.

How about a hearty 'fuck you' followed by 'you never get to complain when theists label all non-believers as genocidal psychopaths because of Stalin/Mao/Pol Pot'?

Right now you sound the part of the fear-mongering ignoramuses on Faux News. Stop and think about that for a second. Let that really sink in. You sound just like Bill O'Reiley, Sean Hannity, and Glen Beck. You're reasoning on the same level as the people who sell the War on Christmas every year.

Principles? You've already burnt yours at the altar of your own fear. They've won. They've scared you enough, made you angry enough, to betray your own principles. I've seen this happen before. I saw the terrorists win here at home, and it wasn't when they flew the planes into the Twin Towers or sent anthrax in the mail; it was afterwards, when we gave up our principles out of fear. The Patriot Act, the foreign wars of aggression, democracy compromised by the influence and power of 'defense' contractors, the domestic overreach of the police and intelligence agencies, those who did anything but nod their heads and unquestionably accepted everything the government did 'for our safety' being labeled as unpatriotic and traitors.

I've lived through that mistake.
The world is still suffering form its repercussions.
I don't want to see you repeat it.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post