Satire magazine attacked in Paris 11 dead.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2015, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2015 06:38 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: Satire magazine attacked in Paris 11 dead.
(13-01-2015 04:49 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(13-01-2015 02:34 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  "The deadly shootings last week at the Paris offices of satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo inspired stirring displays of solidarity from people of all faiths all around the world. Additionally and unfortunately french mosques were attacked, calls for racial profiling were renewed, and numerous public statements made from within the Muslim community condemning the massacre were ignored in order to denounce Islam as an inherently violent religion. It's true the gunmen behind the attack were Muslims, and no person or group of people should ever feel entitled to force those outside their church to respect the rules of their church, through threat of violence or force of law. But in the wake of this tragedy I would hope that we could all take a lesson from the people of Sydney, Australia who last moth responded to a hostage crisis initiated by a Muslim gunman by standing alongside Muslims in their community rather than ostracizing and vilifying them. The short term solution to crimes like these is to find and prosecute the people responsible, but the long term solutions are education, communication, and humanity. The more we do to encourage fear, suspicion, and marginalization, the more we fuel the extremism we mean to oppose."
-Steve Shives

Nonsense. Look at the Boston Marathon bombers. The kid was popular, well-liked, good-looking and on the wrestling team. He wasn't marginalized in the least. Yet he still committed terrorism. Why? Because Islam told him to.

It is time to stop making dhimmis of ourselves and get a boat, a very large boat (for the extremists).

Yeah, because how do you get people to stop hating you? Hating them back more! Makes perfect sense.

You can either escalate a situation, or you can deescalate a situation. Escalation only ends with the destruction or capitulation of one party or the other. So unless you want the world to declare war on all Muslims and effectively eradicate them all, everything you advocate is nothing more than shortsighted stop-gap measures that further escalate problems rather than solving them constructively. I'd rather drop school books than bombs, education and mutual understanding is preferable to death and destruction.

You can't even keep your own shit straight. You claim to love and feel sorry for the people who are Muslim, but do nothing but advocate for their marginalization en masse. You want them to be free of oppressive theocracies, but not if that requires them emigrating to your country.

Ask Martin Luther King Jr which side requires more compassion and courage. The wall of people armed with guns, dogs, and hatred? Or the people solemnly walking towards them unarmed? Who suffered more causalities? Who came out ahead?

The higher road is the one less walked for a reason. Drinking Beverage

[Image: gty_selma_montgomery_civil_rights_march_..._wblog.jpg]

[Image: march%20to%20montgomery%20471-030814.jpg]

[Image: 20100321_lewis_02.jpg]

[Image: 93121496-1024x649.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
14-01-2015, 03:21 AM
Je Suis Charlie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Craft and/or Hobby....Draw Muhammad Contest! - http://www.reddit.com/r/TAAOfficial/comm...?limit=500

"Charlie(Hebdo) drew my finger"
(video containing multiple drawings and artwork of Muhammad)....

[+] 1 user Likes QuinnaBrennan's post
14-01-2015, 05:19 AM
There already has been a Draw Mohammed Day for several years now. It's May 20th and has been observed by many folks for 4 years ongoing.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
14-01-2015, 06:23 AM
More from the Catholic League

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
14-01-2015, 02:33 PM

My first couple of videos on Hebdo and the press about it - believe me, I have more...Censored

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
15-01-2015, 10:51 AM
Pat Condell weighs in...

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
21-01-2015, 09:39 AM
Updates:

Muslims Around The World React To Charlie Hebdo's New Cover

... and it's predominantly rational.

Quote:CAIR’s national executive director Nihad Awad issued the following statement:

Just as Charlie Hebdo has the right to publish, we have the right to peacefully challenge negative portrayals of our religious figures. The answer to speech one disagrees with should not be violence, but should instead be more speech promoting tolerance and mutual understanding.

... in stark contrast to His Popiness.

And this:

Lassana Bathily, Muslim Hero At Kosher Market Siege, Gets French Citizenship

Quote:"Tonight I'm very proud and deeply touched," Bathily said with tears in his eyes, humbly stressing that he doesn't consider himself a hero. "I am Lassana. I'll stay true to myself."

"People are all equal to me and skin color isn't a matter. France is the country of human rights," he added.

... friggin' excellent!

21-01-2015, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2015 10:23 AM by Full Circle.)
(21-01-2015 09:39 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Updates:

Muslims Around The World React To Charlie Hebdo's New Cover

... and it's predominantly rational.

Quote:CAIR’s national executive director Nihad Awad issued the following statement:

Just as Charlie Hebdo has the right to publish, we have the right to peacefully challenge negative portrayals of our religious figures. The answer to speech one disagrees with should not be violence, but should instead be more speech promoting tolerance and mutual understanding.

... in stark contrast to His Popiness.

And this:

Lassana Bathily, Muslim Hero At Kosher Market Siege, Gets French Citizenship

Quote:"Tonight I'm very proud and deeply touched," Bathily said with tears in his eyes, humbly stressing that he doesn't consider himself a hero. "I am Lassana. I'll stay true to myself."

"People are all equal to me and skin color isn't a matter. France is the country of human rights," he added.

... friggin' excellent!

A bit of good news. This is why throwing out the baby with the bathwater is always a bad move. It is a complex problem without easy answers.

"And that has nothing to do with Islam." - Pat Condell

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
22-01-2015, 08:57 AM
(21-01-2015 09:39 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Lassana Bathily, Muslim Hero At Kosher Market Siege, Gets French Citizenship

... friggin' excellent!

Vive la France.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post