Saturday Night Cool Kids Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2014, 08:09 PM
RE: Saturday Night Cool Kids Thread
Well it's actually 10am for me. I'm just killing time before my class starts. Tongue

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2014, 08:09 PM
Can you still leave the house to rent a movie? I thought that shit was long done with! Lol

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
25-10-2014, 08:43 PM
(25-10-2014 08:09 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Can you still leave the house to rent a movie? I thought that shit was long done with! Lol

There's redbox these days, though I agree it's unnecessary.

World series and some drinks tonight. Nothing too exciting, but the game just got good. As good as baseball gets, I guess. Haven't watched it for years, for good reason, but the royals are in it for the first time in 29 years so I gotta see what happens.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
25-10-2014, 08:50 PM
(25-10-2014 08:09 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Can you still leave the house to rent a movie? I thought that shit was long done with! Lol

We have one rental store left here, and yeah the redboxes. I love movies, I have netflix instant, the three disc mailing service, and the account at the rental place. Sometimes I just need a movie right now Big Grin

Got snowpiercer for tonight

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
25-10-2014, 08:55 PM
(25-10-2014 08:09 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Well it's actually 10am for me. I'm just killing time before my class starts. Tongue

Likewise... it's Sunday morning in Sydney.

All these weird people living in the past... I dunno.

No

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
25-10-2014, 10:31 PM
(25-10-2014 07:54 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Have test on Thursday, have to have my lab book up to date by then, also have an online tutorial to be handed in for Monday. Then another test sometime the following week. So thats all taking priority.

Fuck uni Frusty

I thought I was going to write your lab book for you!? I don't really science much but I can write whilst you explain sciency stuffs to me. Entertain me scot I'm bored too Sadcryface

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
25-10-2014, 10:59 PM
I'm at work... Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
26-10-2014, 12:16 AM
(25-10-2014 08:43 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  

There's redbox these days, though I agree it's unnecessary.

World series and some drinks tonight. Nothing too exciting, but the game just got good. As good as baseball gets, I guess. Haven't watched it for years, for good reason, but the royals are in it for the first time in 29 years so I gotta see what happens.

Redbox (The actually boxes, not the apps) is cheaper than renting/buying digital media which is extremely frustrating and aggravating. So there is still a reason to go to them, however stupid the distal cause is.

26-10-2014, 12:21 AM
The most frustrating part about redbox for me is that most of the discs I get out of there are scratched, and even if playable, skip plot points. Ain't nobody going to call the 800# to inform them. It just goes back into the box for the next sucker. I avoid redbox if I can, but I'm a sucker for movies. I'll take them just about any way I can get em.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
26-10-2014, 12:25 AM
(26-10-2014 12:21 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  The most frustrating part about redbox for me is that most of the discs I get out of there are scratched, and even if playable, skip plot points. Ain't nobody going to call the 800# to inform them. It just goes back into the box for the next sucker.

I have - or more accurately, my wife has never had that problem. Unless I am really anticipating a film, which rarely occurs, I can wait til it shows up on TV or Netflix in 5-10 years. I'm not exactly a film buff. If I really want it I just buy it. Once in a coon's age I'll even drag my beloved to the theater.