Saturday Night Cool Kids Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2014, 12:35 AM
RE: Saturday Night Cool Kids Thread
It's 1:30 am here. I actually did something other than sleep or work for my Saturday night - I've worked almost every Saturday the past 6 weeks, and will work almost every Saturday between now and Christmas. My brother and his new gf came over and we drank pinot noir, merlot, strawberry daiquiris, and margaritas. We had rotel dip and seven layer dip. I'm drunk. Well above .10 drunk. Thank FSM for autocorrect. Or none of this would be spelled correctly.

We played Risk 2210. We quit at the end of year three so they could drive home, but I occupied Africa, Australia, Indian Ocean, Asian pacific, and all but two spaces of Asia. And I had my Middle East fortified like a fucking boss. ISIS wut?

That's right. I played risk on a Saturday night- I'm a cool ass motherfucker.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
26-10-2014, 12:38 AM
(26-10-2014 12:25 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 12:21 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  The most frustrating part about redbox for me is that most of the discs I get out of there are scratched, and even if playable, skip plot points. Ain't nobody going to call the 800# to inform them. It just goes back into the box for the next sucker.

I have - or more accurately, my wife has never had that problem. Unless I am really anticipating a film, which rarely occurs, I can wait til it shows up on TV or Netflix in 5-10 years. I'm not exactly a film buff. If I really want it I just buy it. Once in a coon's age I'll even drag my beloved to the theater.

So far the only movie I'm planning on seeing in theaters next year is Avengers 2: Age of Ultron, and I'll probably go see it twice (just like I did with the first Avengers, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Guardians of the Galaxy).

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
26-10-2014, 12:50 AM
(26-10-2014 12:35 AM)Nurse Wrote:  It's 1:30 am here. I actually did something other than sleep or work for my Saturday night - I've worked almost every Saturday the past 6 weeks, and will work almost every Saturday between now and Christmas. My brother and his new gf came over and we drank pinot noir, merlot, strawberry daiquiris, and margaritas. We had rotel dip and seven layer dip. I'm drunk. Well above .10 drunk. Thank FSM for autocorrect. Or none of this would be spelled correctly.

We played Risk 2210. We quit at the end of year three so they could drive home, but I occupied Africa, Australia, Indian Ocean, Asian pacific, and all but two spaces of Asia. And I had my Middle East fortified like a fucking boss. ISIS wut?

Actually that IS cool! Have you ever played Risk: Legacy?? The first 20 games or so actually changes the board permanently and there are game-changing envelopes to open ... I won't reveal too much, but you should check it out. Thumbsup

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
26-10-2014, 01:00 AM
Aw I miss risk. Anyone wanna buy me the doctor who version for Christmas? Shy

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
26-10-2014, 01:02 AM
(26-10-2014 12:25 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 12:21 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  The most frustrating part about redbox for me is that most of the discs I get out of there are scratched, and even if playable, skip plot points. Ain't nobody going to call the 800# to inform them. It just goes back into the box for the next sucker.

I have - or more accurately, my wife has never had that problem. Unless I am really anticipating a film, which rarely occurs, I can wait til it shows up on TV or Netflix in 5-10 years. I'm not exactly a film buff. If I really want it I just buy it. Once in a coon's age I'll even drag my beloved to the theater.

Yeah, I rarely go to the movies anymore. Seems like every time I do go there is some asshole who insists on texting or talking through the entire thing. If I do go, it is to see something I really want to see on the big screen, and I try to wait until the last weekend it's showing to avoid people.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
26-10-2014, 01:08 AM
(26-10-2014 12:50 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 12:35 AM)Nurse Wrote:  It's 1:30 am here. I actually did something other than sleep or work for my Saturday night - I've worked almost every Saturday the past 6 weeks, and will work almost every Saturday between now and Christmas. My brother and his new gf came over and we drank pinot noir, merlot, strawberry daiquiris, and margaritas. We had rotel dip and seven layer dip. I'm drunk. Well above .10 drunk. Thank FSM for autocorrect. Or none of this would be spelled correctly.

Actually that IS cool! Have you ever played Risk: Legacy?? The first 20 games or so actually changes the board permanently and there are game-changing envelopes to open ... I won't reveal too much, but you should check it out. Thumbsup

I'll be adding it to the list. I haven't played it.... Yet

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman