Saudi Arabia declares Atheists are terrorists.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2014, 04:38 PM
Saudi Arabia declares Atheists are terrorists.
Quote:Saudi Arabia has introduced a series of new laws which define atheists as terrorists, according to a report from Human Rights Watch.

In a string of royal decrees and an overarching new piece of legislation to deal with terrorism generally, the Saudi King Abdullah has clamped down on all forms of political dissent and protests that could "harm public order". The new laws have largely been brought in to combat the growing number of Saudis travelling to take part in the civil war in Syria, who have previously returned with newfound training and ideas about overthrowing the monarchy.
To that end, King Abdullah issued Royal Decree 44, which criminalises "participating in hostilities outside the kingdom" with prison sentences of between three and 20 years, Human Rights Watch said.

Yet last month further regulations were issued by the Saudi interior ministry, identifying a broad list of groups which the government considers to be terrorist organisations - including the Muslim Brotherhood.

Article one of the new provisions defines terrorism as "calling for atheist thought in any form, or calling into question the fundamentals of the Islamic religion on which this country is based".

Joe Stork, deputy Middle East and North Africa director of Human Rights Watch, said: "Saudi authorities have never tolerated criticism of their policies, but these recent laws and regulations turn almost any critical expression or independent association into crimes of terrorism.
"These regulations dash any hope that King Abdullah intends to open a space for peaceful dissent or independent groups," Mr Stork said.
[........]

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...28389.html

Being called a terrorist by Saudi Arabia is one of the greatest honors that was ever bestowed on me.

I will wear it with pride.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like The Germans are coming's post
01-04-2014, 04:54 PM
RE: Saudi Arabia declares Atheists are terrorists.
It is indeed a great honour, what a bunch of backward idiots!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
01-04-2014, 05:04 PM
Saudi Arabia. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
01-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Holy shit! I just went there earlier this month for about 2 weeks. The news of this new law is horrifying, but then again, so are most of Saudi Arabian laws.

Everyday is judgement day. Use your judgement, use reason.
[+] 1 user Likes Freethought's post
01-04-2014, 05:09 PM
The Religion of Peace strikes again.
[+] 8 users Like Charis's post
01-04-2014, 05:14 PM
Maybe it's just a Saudi Arabian April fools joke Consider
Nah.... they don't have a sense of humour.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
01-04-2014, 05:17 PM
I always used to look forward to the papers (especially Teh Grauniad) this time of year.

Article published: Tuesday 01 April 2014

Although actually it does make sense... in a totalitarian regime where church and state are one and the same, a 'crime' against the religion (like non-belief) would be a crime against the state.

I'd love to test it though...
"Hi, I'm an atheist"
"Arrrgggghhhhh! You iz terrorising me!"

Consider

01-04-2014, 05:22 PM
ughh... I loath the concept of terrorism, is too OP and a broken mechanic however you look at it.

But it's kind of funny/frightening knowing I'm a terrorist TongueSadConfusedBig GrinLaugh out loadWeepingShockingHobo

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
01-04-2014, 05:43 PM
(01-04-2014 05:17 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I always used to look forward to the papers (especially Teh Grauniad) this time of year.

Article published: Tuesday 01 April 2014

Although actually it does make sense... in a totalitarian regime where church and state are one and the same, a 'crime' against the religion (like non-belief) would be a crime against the state.

I'd love to test it though...
"Hi, I'm an atheist"
"Arrrgggghhhhh! You iz terrorising me!"

Consider

Considering a man was sentenced to death for apostasy and insulting islam from questioning the existence of Allah on his facebook or twitter I think we know how they would react.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-04-2014, 05:44 PM
Sweet! When do I get to scare someone?! *bounces*
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post