Saudi Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2015, 07:01 AM
Saudi Atheist
Hello or Assalamu Alaikum!

I'm an atheist from Saudi Arabia and i'm not going to talk about the struggle I face everyday, I just want some advice in getting out of this country.

I'm 23 and have a bachelor degree in English. I can't stand living here anymore, and it's not just because i'm an atheist , i'm also not completely heterosexual? I don't know i'm just attracted to both males and females and if there is something i'm cretin about it's that I don't want get married and have kids! EVER! Moreover, in my age it's expected to be married so i'm facing a lot of pressure.

I don't know what to do. I want to get out but I have no idea how to do it. Should I apply for a job in a desired country or should I apply to be a refuge?

I would appreciate it if someone who faced a similar problem to reply.
And sorry for my English, i'm better at speaking the language.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Normality's post
19-01-2015, 07:55 AM
RE: Saudi Atheist
Welcome to TTA.

Firstly, your English is better than many here so don't worry about that. So I would guess that getting a job somewhere as an English teacher (TEFL) would be quite easy. Perhaps apply to a more secular Islamic country (like Malaysia) who might even give preference to someone from Saudi Arabia (I'm only guessing about that).

Secondly, and I'm not a lawyer so this is just an opinion, I would think that unless you can demonstrate that you are being persecuted, asylum / refuge would be harder to arrange than the job application.

Either way, I wish you luck.

Smile

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
19-01-2015, 08:11 AM
G'day Normality; I welcome you to our humble forum, and I hope that your stay is an enjoyable one.

I am sorry, but I can't think of any viable suggestions for your situation, but I do hope dearly that you can escape.

See you around the forum, man. And best of luck to you.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
19-01-2015, 08:21 AM
You could apply for graduate school at universities in countries you'd like.
That would get you a student visa and you could take it from there.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
19-01-2015, 08:30 AM
(19-01-2015 07:01 AM)Normality Wrote:  Hello or Assalamu Alaikum!

I'm an atheist from Saudi Arabia and i'm not going to talk about the struggle I face everyday, I just want some advice in getting out of this country.

I'm 23 and have a bachelor degree in English. I can't stand living here anymore, and it's not just because i'm an atheist , i'm also not completely heterosexual? I don't know i'm just attracted to both males and females and if there is something i'm cretin about it's that I don't want get married and have kids! EVER! Moreover, in my age it's expected to be married so i'm facing a lot of pressure.

I don't know what to do. I want to get out but I have no idea how to do it. Should I apply for a job in a desired country or should I apply to be a refuge?

I would appreciate it if someone who faced a similar problem to reply.
And sorry for my English, i'm better at speaking the language.

Wow, you are taking a huge risk even submitting this.

Amnesty International

Atheist Alliance International

Freedom From Religion Foundation

American Atheists

Considering where you live though, you better have some really good spywear prevention on your computer.

If I could I would kick your King in the fucking nuts.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 5 users Like Brian37's post
19-01-2015, 08:31 AM
Fake a visa, get to a neutral country, defect and get the fuck out of there.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
19-01-2015, 08:57 AM
If you could find a job teaching English as a second language somewhere other than where you are, it could be a way out. They're always looking for people to do that.
[+] 1 user Likes Whimsymum's post
19-01-2015, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2015 09:33 AM by DeadChannel.)
Hey, welcome to the forum. You certainly write English better than I write my second language!

Getting a job teaching somewhere more open to atheists seems like an excellent idea.

Oh, and I'm not sure how much of an issue government spying is there, but it might be smart to start connecting with something like TOR or a proxy if you haven't already. Just to be safe.

Best of luck!
[+] 2 users Like DeadChannel's post
19-01-2015, 03:56 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2015 04:09 PM by Normality.)
(19-01-2015 07:55 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Welcome to TTA.

Firstly, your English is better than many here so don't worry about that. So I would guess that getting a job somewhere as an English teacher (TEFL) would be quite easy. Perhaps apply to a more secular Islamic country (like Malaysia) who might even give preference to someone from Saudi Arabia (I'm only guessing about that).

Secondly, and I'm not a lawyer so this is just an opinion, I would think that unless you can demonstrate that you are being persecuted, asylum / refuge would be harder to arrange than the job application.

Either way, I wish you luck.

Smile

You know what makes thing complicated? I'm an introvert so teaching isn't really my thing. I know i'm not in a position to choose what I want, so i will think about this option considering I once overcame my introvert nature and worked in a big store. Your second suggestion is interesting. Thank you.

(19-01-2015 08:11 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  G'day Normality; I welcome you to our humble forum, and I hope that your stay is an enjoyable one.

I am sorry, but I can't think of any viable suggestions for your situation, but I do hope dearly that you can escape.

See you around the forum, man. And best of luck to you.

Good day to you! I like Australian accent! Thank you.

(19-01-2015 08:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  You could apply for graduate school at universities in countries you'd like.
That would get you a student visa and you could take it from there.

Good suggestion. I will see my options.

(19-01-2015 08:30 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(19-01-2015 07:01 AM)Normality Wrote:  

Wow, you are taking a huge risk even submitting this.

Amnesty International

Atheist Alliance International

Freedom From Religion Foundation

American Atheists

Considering where you live though, you better have some really good spywear prevention on your computer.

If I could I would kick your King in the fucking nuts.

Simply put, I've been an atheist for about five years now and there were days when the thought of suicide can't leave my mind. When you reach that level of dark thinking you don't care about expressing your opinions online. Thank you for the suggestions, I will check them out.

(19-01-2015 08:31 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Fake a visa, get to a neutral country, defect and get the fuck out of there.

Imagine yourself in my place. Would you fake a visa? Being an Arab is enough to raise suspicions.

(19-01-2015 08:57 AM)Whimsymum Wrote:  If you could find a job teaching English as a second language somewhere other than where you are, it could be a way out. They're always looking for people to do that.

Yeah, I will see what I can do about teaching. Thank you.

(19-01-2015 09:27 AM)DeadChannel Wrote:  Hey, welcome to the forum. You certainly write English better than I write my second language!

Getting a job teaching somewhere more open to atheists seems like an excellent idea.

Oh, and I'm not sure how much of an issue government spying is there, but it might be smart to start connecting with something like TOR or a proxy if you haven't already. Just to be safe.

Best of luck!

I'm using a paid version of an antivirus and I use a proxy program. Thank you for your concern.
19-01-2015, 04:12 PM
Okay, well, good to know you're being careful about the technical side of things.

And yeah, I know I already said something to this effect, but I really do hope things work out for you.

Btw, didn't your government just announce a bunch if rules regarding treating atheists as terrorists? I've read a little bit about it from the political point of view, but how's it effecting real world day to day stuff there?