Saudi Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2015, 04:21 PM
RE: Saudi Atheist
Where would you like to go?

Are you sure that your conversations here may not be monitored?

I briefly knew someone from Dubai with the same issue, but contact unfortunatly broke of with him.

I started doing research for him to try and find out how he could get out.

Reseaarch that I could restart, if you are truely sincere about what you want to do.

There are several countries in Europe that would probably receive you, and I am sure some would also give you political asylum.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2015, 04:28 PM
(19-01-2015 04:12 PM)DeadChannel Wrote:  Okay, well, good to know you're being careful about the technical side of things.

And yeah, I know I already said something to this effect, but I really do hope things work out for you.

Btw, didn't your government just announce a bunch if rules regarding treating atheists as terrorists? I've read a little bit about it from the political point of view, but how's it effecting real world day to day stuff there?

I would wonder whether that, and sexual orientation might not make an asylum case?

Sorry, terribly rude of me, hello and welcome. Smile

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
19-01-2015, 04:35 PM
(19-01-2015 04:28 PM)gofish! Wrote:  
(19-01-2015 04:12 PM)DeadChannel Wrote:  Okay, well, good to know you're being careful about the technical side of things.

And yeah, I know I already said something to this effect, but I really do hope things work out for you.

Btw, didn't your government just announce a bunch if rules regarding treating atheists as terrorists? I've read a little bit about it from the political point of view, but how's it effecting real world day to day stuff there?

I would wonder whether that, and sexual orientation might not make an asylum case?

That's a good point. You'd probably only have to prove that you belong to a group that's being persecuted.
19-01-2015, 04:36 PM
(19-01-2015 04:12 PM)DeadChannel Wrote:  Btw, didn't your government just announce a bunch if rules regarding treating atheists as terrorists? I've read a little bit about it from the political point of view, but how's it effecting real world day to day stuff there?

Indeed they did.

I don't know the punishments or the actual situation, but it might actually be usable as valid asylum request... A Pakistani man a few years back got into the news for being granted asylum in the UK due to his (very reasonable) fears of returning to the country as an atheist; with the terror ruling from the Saudi government, there exists a clear case for institutionalised persecution.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-01-2015, 04:36 PM

The news got a lot of attention from western media which is a good thing. But here nobody is talking or questioning. In my opinion it didn't change a thing, there was fear among Saudi atheists before because of how Islam punishes those who leave it with death! So What if the government say we are terrorists? It means nothing to me. I'm just glad the western media are watching what is happening here.
19-01-2015, 04:37 PM
One think is important and we should mention it here!

Do NOT go to the UK!!!

The UK government is heavily influenced through it`s contacts in the middle east.

And especialy by Barhain. There is somewhat of a rich Saudi, UEA, Quatari, Barhaini establishment in London that excerts alot of inluence over UK forgein policy aswell as over the treatment of it`s citizens living in the UK.

If you seek a English speaking country, then Canada is probably your best choice. A country which has a record of taking in refugees from all regions of this planet, no matter the background.
From what I know there is a big community of people like you in Canada who came from countries all over the middle east. From Saudi Arabia, to Sudan, to Egypt, to Iran, to Pakistan.
One of my favorite intellectuals from the muslim world, Tarek Fatah, a pakistani, lives in exile in Canada.

[+] 2 users Like The Germans are coming's post
19-01-2015, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2015 04:52 PM by Normality.)
(19-01-2015 04:21 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Where would you like to go?

I briefly knew someone from Dubai with the same issue, but contact unfortunatly broke of with him.

Reseaarch that I could restart, if you are truely sincere about what you want to do.

There are several countries in Europe that would probably receive you, and I am sure some would also give you political asylum.
Anything is better than Saudi Arabia really.
I don't know but I don't care anymore.
Yes i'm serious about this. But when I opened this thread i didn't want it immediately, I want to raise some money first.
Yeah, I heard about how Sweden is very accepting.
19-01-2015, 04:52 PM
(19-01-2015 07:01 AM)Normality Wrote:  Hello or Assalamu Alaikum!

I'm an atheist from Saudi Arabia and i'm not going to talk about the struggle I face everyday, I just want some advice in getting out of this country.

I'm 23 and have a bachelor degree in English. I can't stand living here anymore, and it's not just because i'm an atheist , i'm also not completely heterosexual? I don't know i'm just attracted to both males and females and if there is something i'm cretin about it's that I don't want get married and have kids! EVER! Moreover, in my age it's expected to be married so i'm facing a lot of pressure.

I don't know what to do. I want to get out but I have no idea how to do it. Should I apply for a job in a desired country or should I apply to be a refuge?

I would appreciate it if someone who faced a similar problem to reply.
And sorry for my English, i'm better at speaking the language.

Aleikum salam
19-01-2015, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2015 04:57 PM by DeadChannel.)
(19-01-2015 04:37 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  One think is important and we should mention it here!

Do NOT go to the UK!!!

The UK government is heavily influenced through it`s contacts in the middle east.

And especialy by Barhain. There is somewhat of a rich Saudi, UEA, Quatari, Barhaini establishment in London that excerts alot of inluence over UK forgein policy aswell as over the treatment of it`s citizens living in the UK.

If you seek a English speaking country, then Canada is probably your best choice. A country which has a record of taking in refugees from all regions of this planet, no matter the background.
From what I know there is a big community of people like you in Canada who came from countries all over the middle east. From Saudi Arabia, to Sudan, to Egypt, to Iran, to Pakistan.
One of my favorite intellectuals from the muslim world, Tarek Fatah, a pakistani, lives in exile in Canada.

I can vouch for Canada, as it is where I live. In fact, my step mother came over from Laos in the 1980s.

Beyond that, Canada is less dependant on Saudi Arabia for oil than the UK or US because we produce our own from the Alberta oil sands etc.
Also, in my experience, there's a lot less prejudice regarding atheism in Canada than in the states. Oh, and certainly much, much, much less than you've probably dealt with in Saudi Arabia.

However, you might run into issues with the government trying to illegitimize your degree. There was some stuff about that on the news about immigrant doctors having to redo large parts of their degrees. This might not be a problem for English majors (and, admittedly, I might be wrong about the whole thing), but it's something that you should research.

Edit: regarding the above, Sweden or Norway or something seem like good options, although I'm not entirely familiar with how this works there. From what I understand, both are pretty neutral when it comes to world politics, which is good.
[+] 1 user Likes DeadChannel's post
19-01-2015, 04:55 PM
(19-01-2015 04:48 PM)Normality Wrote:  
(19-01-2015 04:21 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Where would you like to go?

I don't know but I don't care anymore.
Yes i'm serious about this. But when I opened this thread i didn't want it immediately, I want to raise some money first.
Yeah, I heard about how Sweden is very accepting.

Sweden might change, since the far right is coming to power.

You should also know that Sweden is a country in which there are alot of islamic radicals aswell.

Just because you are abroad, this doesnt mean that you will be safe, you should remember that there are islamists in Europe who will be violent there aswell should you choose to go public.

Your case however is clear cut. You are an atheist from a country that punishes atheism with death. And EU countries are legaly forbidden from deporting anyone who would face the death penalty.

All you need to do is request a visa, buy a plane ticket, and head out to the country you want to go to.

Remember however that in accordance to EU law, you can only request asylum in the country in which you arrive first.

Would you like me to ask at my local immigration office what steps are required from you to undertake? Things are different from country to country but the EU legal framework should be the same everywhere.

[+] 3 users Like The Germans are coming's post