Saudi Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2015, 06:13 PM
RE: Saudi Atheist
You came to the best place on the internet for help. The people here are very intelligent, and have great knowledge about so many different things.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
19-01-2015, 06:19 PM
(19-01-2015 06:13 PM)Free Wrote:  You came to the best place on the internet for help. The people here are very intelligent, and have great knowledge about so many different things.

I have been listening to Seth's podcast since 2011 and I've visited this forum multiple times. It's the only atheist forum that I feel safe in. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Normality's post
19-01-2015, 07:09 PM
(19-01-2015 03:56 PM)Normality Wrote:  
(19-01-2015 07:55 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Welcome to TTA.

Firstly, your English is better than many here so don't worry about that. So I would guess that getting a job somewhere as an English teacher (TEFL) would be quite easy. Perhaps apply to a more secular Islamic country (like Malaysia) who might even give preference to someone from Saudi Arabia (I'm only guessing about that).

Secondly, and I'm not a lawyer so this is just an opinion, I would think that unless you can demonstrate that you are being persecuted, asylum / refuge would be harder to arrange than the job application.

Either way, I wish you luck.

Smile

You know what makes thing complicated? I'm an introvert so teaching isn't really my thing. I know i'm not in a position to choose what I want, so i will think about this option considering I once overcame my introvert nature and worked in a big store. Your second suggestion is interesting. Thank you.

(19-01-2015 08:11 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  G'day Normality; I welcome you to our humble forum, and I hope that your stay is an enjoyable one.

I am sorry, but I can't think of any viable suggestions for your situation, but I do hope dearly that you can escape.

See you around the forum, man. And best of luck to you.

Good day to you! I like Australian accent! Thank you.

(19-01-2015 08:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  You could apply for graduate school at universities in countries you'd like.
That would get you a student visa and you could take it from there.

Good suggestion. I will see my options.

(19-01-2015 08:30 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Wow, you are taking a huge risk even submitting this.

Amnesty International

Atheist Alliance International

Freedom From Religion Foundation

American Atheists

Considering where you live though, you better have some really good spywear prevention on your computer.

If I could I would kick your King in the fucking nuts.

Simply put, I've been an atheist for about five years now and there were days when the thought of suicide can't leave my mind. When you reach that level of dark thinking you don't care about expressing your opinions online. Thank you for the suggestions, I will check them out.

(19-01-2015 08:31 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Fake a visa, get to a neutral country, defect and get the fuck out of there.

Imagine yourself in my place. Would you fake a visa? Being an Arab is enough to raise suspicions.

(19-01-2015 08:57 AM)Whimsymum Wrote:  If you could find a job teaching English as a second language somewhere other than where you are, it could be a way out. They're always looking for people to do that.

Yeah, I will see what I can do about teaching. Thank you.

(19-01-2015 09:27 AM)DeadChannel Wrote:  Hey, welcome to the forum. You certainly write English better than I write my second language!

Getting a job teaching somewhere more open to atheists seems like an excellent idea.

Oh, and I'm not sure how much of an issue government spying is there, but it might be smart to start connecting with something like TOR or a proxy if you haven't already. Just to be safe.

Best of luck!

I'm using a paid version of an antivirus and I use a proxy program. Thank you for your concern.

Many teachers don't necessarily stand in front of large classes. You could perhaps get a position tutoring a few students of wealthy families. Look into what Chas said. Once you're in Canada or elsewhere where you're safer, you can work on asylum, which may be possible in many places, as you have two "problems" which you could claim status over. Also your skills in reading and speaking Arabic may be quite valuable as a translator in a Western nation, (or elsewhere ??).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-01-2015, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2015 07:33 PM by DLJ.)
... and further to the above... our (the training company for whom I work) best trainers are extreeeeeme introverts.

The extroverts have the 'sales' jobs. The introverts are the ones who stand up in front of the large classes. Ironic, isn't it?

Wink

Protip: Join an amateur dramatics society for a season or two to familiarise yourself with the experience of performing in front of a crowd.

"The world is but a stage..."

Yes

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
19-01-2015, 08:49 PM
I can't say much, but all I can say is that if you want to move, I suggest canada. I can also be a friend.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
20-01-2015, 11:44 AM
If you were in the sciences, I would encourage you to apply to graduate school overseas since you would be given a stipend and would be self sufficient (I have had a postdoc from Morocco and graduate students from Iran, and Jordan). I would still look at graduate programs as a way to get out, I just don't know much about graduate programs in English and can't advise on that. I sincerely wish you the best.
23-01-2015, 11:08 PM
The Saudi government is flooding western universities with sponsored students who receive full financial support. They are required to major in certain disciplines and their TOEFL scores will determine their options. Good thing you are not a woman since you would have to come with a man.

Look into educational opportunities. I've noticed that a disproportionate number of these students appear to be bi or homosexual. Probably not coincidence.