Saudi cleric claims Sun rotates around the Earth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2016, 08:19 AM
Saudi cleric claims Sun rotates around the Earth
This is why Muslim countries are light years ahead of the rest of the world Facepalm

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2016, 08:27 AM
RE: Saudi cleric claims Sun rotates around the Earth
Yea and? Islam doesn't own a patent on scientific ignorance. We have nuts here in "Merka" who think the flood happened and just a few months ago Neil deGrasse Tyson bitch sapped a flat earther rap star on the Nightly Show.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
31-08-2016, 08:27 AM
(31-08-2016 08:19 AM)izel Wrote:  This is why Muslim countries are light years ahead of the rest of the world Facepalm

My face cannot take the sheer number of facepalms I want to give this guy.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like JDog554's post
31-08-2016, 08:29 AM (This post was last modified: 31-08-2016 08:33 AM by Brian37.)
Yea and? Islam doesn't own a patent on scientific ignorance. We have nuts here in "Merka" who think the flood happened and just a few months ago Neil deGrasse Tyson bitch sapped a flat earther rap star on the Nightly Show.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
31-08-2016, 08:34 AM
Saudi cleric is a nutter.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
31-08-2016, 08:36 AM
(31-08-2016 08:29 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Yea and? Islam doesn't own a patent on scientific ignorance. We have nuts here in "Merka" who think the flood happened and just a few months ago Neil deGrasse Tyson bitch sapped a flat earther rap star on the Nightly Show.

Yeah but, one of the saddest thing is that, these regions had such a rich and fascinating history, such as those in Iran and Iraq (more specifically, Mesopotamia). Our civilization just owes so much to those regions, which were by far the most advanced in early antiquity, but today they have some of the most backwards cultures in humanity. I always wonder what those places would be like if Islam was never created Consider

1 Like = 1 Prayer
[+] 5 users Like izel's post
31-08-2016, 08:47 AM
(31-08-2016 08:36 AM)izel Wrote:  
(31-08-2016 08:29 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Yea and? Islam doesn't own a patent on scientific ignorance. We have nuts here in "Merka" who think the flood happened and just a few months ago Neil deGrasse Tyson bitch sapped a flat earther rap star on the Nightly Show.

Yeah but, one of the saddest thing is that, these regions had such a rich and fascinating history, such as those in Iran and Iraq (more specifically, Mesopotamia). Our civilization just owes so much to those regions, which were by far the most advanced in early antiquity, but today they have some of the most backwards cultures in humanity. I always wonder what those places would be like if Islam was never created Consider
Muslim scientists, in the middle-aged, took Indian, Greek and Roman knowledge and built on it. Maths, astronomy and medicine were their strong points IIRC.

Yet, on another forum, a Sunni said that all those discoveries and advancements were worthless if they were Shi'a in origin.

Most of the damage to the Islamic heritage in science has been done by Muslims. They have only themselves to blame for their backwardness.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
31-08-2016, 08:48 AM
NO.

Just NO.

There is NO way that ANY remotely rational person, however uneducated, however devoid of science, however indoctrinated in religion, could possibly think that the Sun rotates around Earth.

.... REVOLVES around Earth, maybe, if you're uneducated and deeply caught up in dogma. But rotates around Earth? No. Big Grin
[+] 6 users Like Reltzik's post
31-08-2016, 10:29 AM
Religion is another name for idiocy I guess.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
31-08-2016, 11:04 AM
(31-08-2016 08:48 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  NO.

Just NO.

There is NO way that ANY remotely rational person, however uneducated, however devoid of science, however indoctrinated in religion, could possibly think that the Sun rotates around Earth.

.... REVOLVES around Earth, maybe, if you're uneducated and deeply caught up in dogma. But rotates around Earth? No. Big Grin

Made me chuckle and snort out loud when I read this.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results