Saudi's Arabia Vision 2030
Saudi Arabia's Vision 2030
Basically Islam's Reformation Movement,
http://vision2030.gov.sa/en/node/125
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2017, 08:18 PM
RE: Saudi's Arabia Vision 2030
Quote:May Allah bless us and guide us to the right path.

Yeah....he's been doing a fine fucking job so far.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
09-06-2017, 06:24 PM
Yeah...uh, first Saudi Arabia, the House of Saud needs to have not fallen by 2030...and who knows if that will be the case.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
10-06-2017, 02:56 AM
cool. but they need to start with un-haraaming chess first which grand mufti declared "haraam" last year.
10-06-2017, 03:26 AM
(08-06-2017 08:02 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  Saudi Arabia's Vision 2030
Basically Islam's Reformation Movement,
http://vision2030.gov.sa/en/node/125

Thanks for that. I couldn't help smiling as I was checking off all the buzz-words.

Looks like someone swallowed the best practice manual. Big Grin

I'm curious as to the driver for change ... how much of it is top-down and how much is bottom-up

Consider

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
10-06-2017, 03:02 PM
(08-06-2017 08:02 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  Saudi Arabia's Vision 2030

So, what is that like? A woman can drive a car if her husband sits in the front passenger seat?

(08-06-2017 08:02 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  Basically Islam's Reformation Movement

Islam is too fractured to have a Reformation. You ignore the fact that the Saudis practice Sunni Islam to the Nth Degree, while other Muslim-majority States are Shi'a.

The enemy numbered six hundred - including women and children - and we abolished them utterly, leaving not even a baby alive to cry for its dead mother. This is incomparably the greatest victory that was ever achieved by the Christian soldiers of the United States. -- Mark Twain
10-06-2017, 03:27 PM
I'll settle for stopping funding terrorists and madrasas, as a start.

While you're at it, quit bombing innocent civilians.

It's a goddamned shame the Trump Administration has aligned itself with this set of brigands. They'll do anything to stay in power, do anything to keep the cashflow rolling and aren't to be trusted, for those reasons.
10-06-2017, 05:20 PM
(10-06-2017 03:27 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  ...
It's a goddamned shame the Trump Administration has aligned itself with this set of brigands. They'll do anything to stay in power, do anything to keep the cashflow rolling and aren't to be trusted, for those reasons.

Latest conspiracy theory:

This alignment was done as a favour to Theresa May who must have known that she'd be asking the DUP to keep her in power.

Why, oh why can't the mainstream media see this for what it is?

Angry

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
10-06-2017, 05:44 PM
(08-06-2017 08:18 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:May Allah bless us and guide us to the right path.

Yeah....he's been doing a fine fucking job so far.

Keep in mind that Christianity was once just as barbaric. And our far right in the west is doing everything it can even today to turn back the clock.

I cannot tell you how many times in my 16 years of on line debate I have heard from both former Muslims and even liberal Muslims whom originate from the east how much they want their region to change.

Even in America just on politics, it also frustrates me that liberals keep losing because we write off the middle of the country. I feel I owe it to my species to treat individuals as such.

I get blasting bad claims but I think it is a bad idea to lump entire populations of a nation in together. It does not help those minorities in those countries who want the change.

Go after the Koran yes, go after the Hadiths, yes, go after violent individuals and sects, yes, condemn barbaric governments, yes. But that is also what it took for the west to crawl out of the dark ages.

I would gladly have Malala as my neighbor, not because she is a Muslim, or that I wont blaspheme her religion, but because she as an individual is a decent human being, even if I don't agree with what she attributes her morality as coming from.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Brian37's post
10-06-2017, 06:45 PM
Have you heard of the Gulf Cooperation Council?, This is probably how they are going to get the Reformation moving, It seems to be both an Economic Union, and rumored to be a Arabian NATO because they don't trust the US (Why the fuck would they trust us) to keep the middle east stable, but anyway this may be how it will get the rest of the countries to the reformation.