Sausage Party Movie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2016, 01:29 PM
Sausage Party Movie
Who has seen Seth Rogan's animated movie about food? I saw it over the weekend, and really enjoyed it. I was expected a raunchy, offensive, obscenity laden film. It was exactly that, but what I didn't realize was that the entire move was an allegory about religion and atheism, and it wasn't subtle. Religious conservatives are going to be horrified. Yeah, I was offended by a couple of scenes. but that's kind of the point of this type of movie.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like beeglez's post
14-08-2016, 01:33 PM
RE: Sausage Party Movie
(14-08-2016 01:29 PM)beeglez Wrote:  Who has seen Seth Rogan's animated movie about food? I saw it over the weekend, and really enjoyed it. I was expected a raunchy, offensive, obscenity laden film. It was exactly that, but what I didn't realize was that the entire move was an allegory about religion and atheism, and it wasn't subtle. Religious conservatives are going to be horrified. Yeah, I was offended by a couple of scenes. but that's kind of the point of this type of movie.

I read somewhere the Christians were "outraged" about the anti-religious overtones of the film. It just makes me want to see it now.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
14-08-2016, 01:59 PM
Yes, I've heard that as well, and throughout the movie, I was thinking about how offended they would be. To briefly summarize

SPOILER ALERT!!!

The food in the grocery store starts every morning with a song of praise to the "gods" (humans). Their biggest desire in life is to be 'chosen' by the gods to be put into a cart and taken into the 'Great beyond'. They repress sexual urges to avoid angering the gods. When one of the main characters begins questioning the 'goodness' of the gods and the existence of a 'great beyond', he finds out it is all bullshit, and searches for and finds proof that food is actually meant for human consumption. Despite the evidence he shows the other food, they refuse to believe him. There is even a food item that represents Stephen Hawking!
[+] 3 users Like beeglez's post
14-08-2016, 02:40 PM
Anything that pisses off the devout, is probably worth checking out......

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
14-08-2016, 06:29 PM
(14-08-2016 01:33 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 01:29 PM)beeglez Wrote:  Who has seen Seth Rogan's animated movie about food? I saw it over the weekend, and really enjoyed it. I was expected a raunchy, offensive, obscenity laden film. It was exactly that, but what I didn't realize was that the entire move was an allegory about religion and atheism, and it wasn't subtle. Religious conservatives are going to be horrified. Yeah, I was offended by a couple of scenes. but that's kind of the point of this type of movie.

I read somewhere the Christians were "outraged" about the anti-religious overtones of the film. It just makes me want to see it now.

Son of a bitch, now I want to see it.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
14-08-2016, 06:33 PM
SPOILER ALERT ............... DON'T READ THIS POST if you don't like details before hand!

(14-08-2016 01:59 PM)beeglez Wrote:  Yes, I've heard that as well, and throughout the movie, I was thinking about how offended they would be. To briefly summarize

SPOILER ALERT!!!

The food in the grocery store starts every morning with a song of praise to the "gods" (humans). Their biggest desire in life is to be 'chosen' by the gods to be put into a cart and taken into the 'Great beyond'. They repress sexual urges to avoid angering the gods. When one of the main characters begins questioning the 'goodness' of the gods and the existence of a 'great beyond', he finds out it is all bullshit, and searches for and finds proof that food is actually meant for human consumption. Despite the evidence he shows the other food, they refuse to believe him. There is even a food item that represents Stephen Hawking!

That really isn't giving away lines or mass detail. You know even in college I hated when the professors refused to give me a plot summery for an ancient play. I like to know what I am getting into before I get into it. This doesn't spoil anything for me, it makes me want to see it.

I am going to take a wild guess and say Hawking was some sort of dark green veggie like broccoli, stuff many people hate but know is good for them?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
14-08-2016, 06:51 PM
Bob says we should all watch it.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
14-08-2016, 07:12 PM
I'd see it, but I don't like Seth Rogen.
04-12-2016, 10:17 PM
Christians would be far more offended by the vulgarity than the atheistic theme. I watched this yesterday and it was clever, raunchy and poignant.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
05-12-2016, 01:07 PM
I rented this last week with my Google 50% off rental coupon.... LOVED it!! I had to watch it when the hubster was not home, as he's a very religious fellow (as I *used-to-be*... long story, but he's still a great guy, aside from not having a sense of humor that would appreciate this particular movie... LOL!) I rented it solely based on the G-rated preview, so I was a little surprised at some of the content (a LOT of adult language, sexual content, etc.) but not bothered, and not totally unexpected, given the R rating. But I was glad I hadn't tried to talk him into watching with me... Haha! THAT wouldn't have been a happy evening... lol Wink

I had no idea ahead of time that it had an atheist theme, which was a pleasant surprise. As the video reviewer (2 posts above) stated, the anti-religious content was well-done... clever, even, and *I* thought it was great! I am positive that folks from most religions would be offended - too bad. Big Grin Really funny movie though - glad to see something that's not all about being politically (and religiously) correct.

In ancient Egypt, cats were worshipped as gods.... they have never forgotten this
(And yes, that gorgeous creature in my avatar is my very own lovely psycho-kitty-Queen)