Save The World From Mormonism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2014, 09:22 AM
Save The World From Mormonism
So I've been thinking about this a lot lately. The church has the ability to pump so much money into marketing it's ridiculous and let's face it...their commercials are good.

For people who know close to nothing (like many americans) about the mormon church, this could be bad. The commercials use pathos so well to draw in investigators and to retain members.

I'm afraid people will join the church through ignorance and fall into the 10% trap. It just kills me to think that the church would continue to take advantage of people and building a larger more terrible culture.

You think more people these days will do their homework before they join the church? It's just terrible to think people will buy into the church's fabricated identity.

Scientology does a great job too. Both mormonism and scientology seem like the greatest threat to scientific progression and critical thought. What do you think? Does the world need saving or will it save it's self?

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."- Albert Einstein.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Steven Hawking
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes elconquistador's post
23-04-2014, 09:39 AM
RE: Save The World From Mormonism
The "I'm Karen. I'm a geologist, a sister, and a lover of ice cream. And I'm a Mormon." commercials were set up to "normalize" Mitt Romney and grease the rails for his oozing into the presidency.

If you see them again, run for the hills.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
23-04-2014, 11:18 AM
(23-04-2014 09:39 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  The "I'm Karen. I'm a geologist, a sister, and a lover of ice cream. And I'm a Mormon." commercials were set up to "normalize" Mitt Romney and grease the rails for his oozing into the presidency.

This makes sense. Back in the 2012 primaries, I'd hear a bit on the radio of various Perry supporters claiming that Mormonism wasn't Christianity, and that it was a cult.
23-04-2014, 03:23 PM
I dunno. I think enough people know enough about Mormonism to stop it from doing too much damage.
23-04-2014, 06:05 PM
(23-04-2014 11:18 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(23-04-2014 09:39 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  The "I'm Karen. I'm a geologist, a sister, and a lover of ice cream. And I'm a Mormon." commercials were set up to "normalize" Mitt Romney and grease the rails for his oozing into the presidency.

This makes sense. Back in the 2012 primaries, I'd hear a bit on the radio of various Perry supporters claiming that Mormonism wasn't Christianity, and that it was a cult.

Yabut, it isn't Christianity and it is a cult. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-04-2014, 11:44 PM
Plus they are gradually trying to deny some of their crazy doctrines like men becoming gods. Mormons smile a lot. Think Donny and Marie. But the reality is much darker than they let on, with much family discord, severely repressed kids and high divorce. They are dangerously deceptive, and quite egocentric.
[+] 2 users Like freetoreason's post
24-04-2014, 05:26 AM
Five Stupid Things About Mormonism

Wink

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
24-04-2014, 09:43 AM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2014 09:46 AM by Dark Phoenix.)
(23-04-2014 06:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yabut, it isn't Christianity and it is a cult. Drinking Beverage

I disagree. Mormons are explicitly Christian. They believe in the divinity and sacrifice for sin of Jesus Christ and they believe in his second coming. Even The Book of Mormon is subtitled "Another Testament of Jesus Christ".

In what way are they not Christian?

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
24-04-2014, 10:51 AM
(24-04-2014 09:43 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  
(23-04-2014 06:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yabut, it isn't Christianity and it is a cult. Drinking Beverage

I disagree. Mormons are explicitly Christian. They believe in the divinity and sacrifice for sin of Jesus Christ and they believe in his second coming. Even The Book of Mormon is subtitled "Another Testament of Jesus Christ".

In the No True Scotsman way that fundies use to define who are the True Believers. That's it, really. They're the ones saying Mormons aren't Christian.
24-04-2014, 12:03 PM
(24-04-2014 10:51 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(24-04-2014 09:43 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  I disagree. Mormons are explicitly Christian. They believe in the divinity and sacrifice for sin of Jesus Christ and they believe in his second coming. Even The Book of Mormon is subtitled "Another Testament of Jesus Christ".

In the No True Scotsman way that fundies use to define who are the True Believers. That's it, really. They're the ones saying Mormons aren't Christian.

Think of it like a Venn diagram where the circle that represents Mormons is entirely subsumed within the circle that represent Christianity. All Mormons are Christians, but not all Christians are Mormons. Thumbsup

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]