Save The World From Mormonism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2014, 06:44 PM
RE: Save The World From Mormonism
They don't believe Jesus is God. They deny the trinity. All sorts of other doctrines that don't fit.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2014, 07:29 PM
(23-04-2014 11:18 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(23-04-2014 09:39 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  The "I'm Karen. I'm a geologist, a sister, and a lover of ice cream. And I'm a Mormon." commercials were set up to "normalize" Mitt Romney and grease the rails for his oozing into the presidency.

If you see them again, run for the hills.

This makes sense. Back in the 2012 primaries, I'd hear a bit on the radio of various Perry supporters claiming that Mormonism wasn't Christianity, and that it was a cult.

I actually agreed with that stance. If you're looking at the tree of religions, Mormonism is the next Abrahamic faith. But, it's no more Christianity is than Islam is Christianity.

I mean, it's all about getting your own planet after learning Masonic handshakes. Jesus is just a supporting character to the space opera of it all.

"The truth must dazzle gradually / or every man be blind." Emily Dickinson
28-04-2014, 07:13 PM
The town I grew up in had a large Mormon population, and my high school best friend was Mormon.

Their family and church were delightful. They were kind and happy and had loads of positive family time and were so supportive of each other. They were also overwhelmingly attractive and wealthy. They were straight out of a wholesome JCPenney catalog and it was heartwarming and refreshing. Everyone in the community looooved the Mormons.

I think that façade is their most dangerous weapon, not to be melodramatic. I defended them for years until I learned more about all the...weird...stuff that Mormonism really entails. But if they are preying on lonely or weak people... their community probably seems like a safe, pleasant place to belong. I'm not surprised that their church is growing so quickly, even if their beliefs make zero sense.

http://dignitywithoutfear.blogspot.com/
28-04-2014, 07:17 PM
(23-04-2014 09:22 AM)elconquistador Wrote:  So I've been thinking about this a lot lately. The church has the ability to pump so much money into marketing it's ridiculous and let's face it...their commercials are good.

For people who know close to nothing (like many americans) about the mormon church, this could be bad. The commercials use pathos so well to draw in investigators and to retain members.

I'm afraid people will join the church through ignorance and fall into the 10% trap. It just kills me to think that the church would continue to take advantage of people and building a larger more terrible culture.

You think more people these days will do their homework before they join the church? It's just terrible to think people will buy into the church's fabricated identity.

Scientology does a great job too. Both mormonism and scientology seem like the greatest threat to scientific progression and critical thought. What do you think? Does the world need saving or will it save it's self?

The world needs a savior, but not from a "problem" as trivial as the Latter Day-Saints. I don't really mind them, they don't hurt anyone, and between the massacres and forced exoduses, I think it's great news that being a LDS isn't a death sentence anymore.
28-04-2014, 07:43 PM
Mormonism- one "m" too many.

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
[+] 2 users Like TheMrBillShow's post
28-04-2014, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2014 08:16 PM by DLJ.)
(28-04-2014 07:17 PM)An_Theist Wrote:  ... I don't really mind them, they don't hurt anyone, ...

Well, not 'normal' people, anyway

...but if you're 'immoral'.
Such nice people
yet
but some push-back

28-04-2014, 09:10 PM
^ Rage quitted video at 1:10.Angry

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
29-04-2014, 04:24 AM
(28-04-2014 07:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 07:17 PM)An_Theist Wrote:  ... I don't really mind them, they don't hurt anyone, ...

Well, not 'normal' people, anyway

...but if you're 'immoral'.
Such nice people
yet
but some push-back

That woman is so incredibly fucking annoying. Also where is the proof that god created the marriage definition? When did he become a dictionary?

On that note, where is the proof for god anyway?
29-04-2014, 07:19 AM
(28-04-2014 07:17 PM)An_Theist Wrote:  The world needs a savior, but not from a "problem" as trivial as the Latter Day-Saints. I don't really mind them, they don't hurt anyone, and between the massacres and forced exoduses, I think it's great news that being a LDS isn't a death sentence anymore.

What about massacres conducted by the Momrmons? You know, the one where they tricked a large group of people into thinking they wanted a truce, separated the men and women, killed the men, then ambushed and killed the women and children, all with the intent to blame it on the Native Americans. The Mormons were not blameless during this time.

And as already mentioned, they do have stances that are harmful to certain people.