Saved by Grace.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2011, 02:22 PM

RE: Saved by Grace.
Thats pretty cool that you do that. I also grew up in a very rural area and in very close proximity with animals, but i still refuse to take part in the whole meat thing, no matter what form it takes. seeing them slaughtered even in your humane way (my parents were the same way as you) had a profound effect on me, and i will never ever take part in it again unless my survival depends on it. i admit your way is a million times better than the industrialized way, though, and i wish it were adopted by more people.
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2011, 02:29 PM
(03-12-2011 02:22 PM)paulesungnomo Wrote:  Thats pretty cool that you do that. I also grew up in a very rural area and in very close proximity with animals, but i still refuse to take part in the whole meat thing, no matter what form it takes. seeing them slaughtered even in your humane way (my parents were the same way as you) had a profound effect on me, and i will never ever take part in it again unless my survival depends on it. i admit your way is a million times better than the industrialized way, though, and i wish it were adopted by more people.

I think a lot of people would make the same choice you have if they saw even the best of slaughtering practices. That's something else I encourage. If you are going to eat meat, you should see where it comes from. Far too may people think of meat as something wrapped in plastic at the grocery store. I've said it a million times.....maybe eating meat shouldn't be as easy as it is.

I'm glad that you made a choice based on your own experience. I think that it's very important to make our choices based on our individual experience as much as we do based on research and what we are told. The choice you made is based on a kind of morality that I think is sorely lacking these days. Good on ya.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2011, 03:54 PM
I have a friend who grew up on a farm and has forsaken meat as a result.
However, she does brew her own beer.

She's an atheist lesbian vegan engineer. I josh her about how many other out groups she can join. She's thinking about it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2011, 05:23 PM

yeah... seeing first hand how meat is actually gotten and being forced to sometimes do it yourself will forever change the way you look at it. i may just be more sensitive that most in that regard.

as a child i made friends with pigs and cows and sheep who are NOT stupid animals as many people claim. they are just as capable of caring for someone and being a good friend as dogs and cats are. i think the reason many people call them stupid is because when they accept that these are smart animals (pigs especially) they feel worse about what they go through.

my mother would tell me that they had 'gone to another farm' but by the time i was 6 or 7 i thin i knew the truth and it was never the same after that..

i agree with stark raving. everyone who eats meat should kill these creatures themselves and look into their eyes. i think very few would continue to do it if they had to take life and shed blood with their own hands. if you truly believe it is ok to do it, then you need to do it yourself, at lease once.
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2011, 12:26 PM
Ummm... what happened to Paul?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
05-12-2011, 01:02 PM
(05-12-2011 12:26 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Ummm... what happened to Paul?

Unfortunately, he chose to delete his account here on TTA. Sad to see him go, but it was his decision to make.

(Paul, hopefully you'll reconsider and re-join the forum. You will be welcomed back if you decide to)

So many cats, so few good recipes.