Saw Noah this weekend

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2014, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2014 01:24 PM by kingschosen.)
RE: Saw Noah this weekend
(31-03-2014 12:05 PM)bemore Wrote:  Did the film explain sufficiently how Noah managed to collect all of the animals? Did he get the saltwater fish mixed up with the freshwater ones?

I hope they showed what Noah fed the carnivores, how he kept them all apart from each other, all whilst cleaning them out for the whole four months he was on the "ark"

Was there dinosaurs?

1) The animals came to him.
2) Animals did not eat or poop as they were put to "sleep" with a magical incense.
3) No fish were on the ark.
4) Apparently, they were on the ark for over 9 months in the movie (which is another obvious deviation from the source material).

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2014, 12:35 PM
(31-03-2014 12:33 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 12:05 PM)bemore Wrote:  Did the film explain sufficiently how Noah managed to collect all of the animals? Did he get the saltwater fish mixed up with the freshwater ones?

I hope they showed what Noah fed the carnivores, how he kept them all apart from each other, all whilst cleaning them out for the whole four months he was on the "ark"

Was there dinosaurs?

1) The animals came to him.
2) Animals did eat or poop as they were put to "sleep" with a magical incense.
4) Apparently, they were on the ark for over 9 months in the movie (which is another obvious deviation from the source material).

They were stoned! Ohmy

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
31-03-2014, 12:53 PM
(31-03-2014 09:09 AM)sporehux Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 08:17 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  First, save your money. Wait for it on Netflix or Redbox.

Now, before you say anything, me disliking the film had nothing to do with religion or Christianity or anything like that. It is about the movie. Plain and simple. Now, on to my complaints.

The movie was incredibly BORING. It dragged on and on and on with very little positive character development.

My other complaint was where did Aronofsky get his source material. It sure wasn't from Genesis. Look, I know movies have to take "artistic license" with some things, but Aronofsky took this to a whole new level of absurd.

WTF was the golem things? I mean really? Where they supposed to be Nephilim? If so, they wouldn't have helped... they were pure evil. Were they the angels that guarded Eden? They never fell from heaven nor does it have anything else about them in scripture let alone them helping Noah. It seems like the rock monsters were created just for the movie. But... c'mon... it would be like Peter Jackson having space aliens in their UFOs helping Gandalf during the Battle of Helm's Deep.

All the glowing "magical" stones or ore that created fire. The incense that put things in a deep sleep. That's just plain stupid. Likewise, the magical growing of trees. Oh, and the random bad guy sneaking on to the ark. All of this was created for the movie.

Backpacks... closed shoes... tight fitting knit clothes with collars nonetheless. The clothing was a far cry from the time period.

Next, was the portrayal of Noah. He is portrayed as a raving, homicidal lunatic that wants everyone dead. This is completely different from the Noah in the Bible, and, if Noah was alive today, he could sue for slander.

The movie was just dumb... but mostly boring. I'm pissed that I wasted so much money on it for IMAX. But, I will say the visuals were incredible. They were beautiful and stunning.

So yeah... again, don't waste your money. Just wait for it on DVD or streaming.

Glad I read your spoiler, I don't think I would be entertained either.

I love you, bro, so fucking much

[Image: garbage-day-o.gif]
31-03-2014, 01:21 PM
(31-03-2014 12:33 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  1) The animals came to him.

Out of intrigue I actually want to watch it now you have put that list Blush

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
31-03-2014, 01:27 PM
(31-03-2014 01:21 PM)bemore Wrote:  

Out of intrigue I actually want to watch it now you have put that list Blush

I would still say wait for it on video. That way you can skip to that part and not have to sit through 2 hours of boredom.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
31-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Did they show the Koala bear frantically doggy paddling across the Ocean in order to get to the middle east? It would have taken him and his Mrs about a year or so to swim there but at least it would have saved them swimming around for 9 months during the flood.
I would have liked to have seen the Koala bear turning carnivorous and hunting fish and seagulls for sustenance during this trip to Noah's ark.

Also was it explained that it was God who sent down the rain to purposefully kill everyone, including babies, puppies and kittens...
Did they show any babies drowning?
Did god explain why he didn't just snap his fingers with everyone dying of heart attack rather than drowning all the animals too?

Did they depict all the other people as really evil and incapable of rehabilitation?
[+] 5 users Like Stevil's post
31-03-2014, 05:44 PM
(31-03-2014 05:42 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
Did they show the Koala bear frantically doggy paddling across the Ocean in order to get to the middle east? It would have taken him and his Mrs about a year or so to swim there but at least it would have saved them swimming around for 9 months during the flood.
I would have liked to have seen the Koala bear turning carnivorous and hunting fish and seagulls for sustenance during this trip to Noah's ark.

Laughat

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
31-03-2014, 08:21 PM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2014 08:26 PM by Charis.)
Quote:Did they show any babies drowning?

This just makes me want to scream.
How could they NOT envision this in their mind and not want to react violently to the one who is causing this?? I mean, isn't it supposed to be natural to want to leap to their protection, and cry out in anger at this? I'm sorry, but the thought of individual babies struggling for breath...

I'm seeing red, brb.

Edited: Ok, cooling off. Had to remember that I thought the very same way that they do... there was a TON of cognitive dissonance involved, and I had to block out images of these people being individuals and instead think in terms of "species without face or individual identity." I never got around to actually imagining the 12-month-old screaming and gurgling for panic and lack of air.

K, seeing red again, brb
[+] 2 users Like Charis's post
31-03-2014, 08:24 PM
(31-03-2014 08:21 PM)Charis Wrote:  
Quote:Did they show any babies drowning?

This just makes me want to scream.
How could they NOT envision this in their mind and not want to react violently to the one who is causing this?? I mean, isn't it supposed to be natural to want to leap to their protection, and cry out in anger at this? I'm sorry, but the thought of individual babies struggling for breath...

I'm seeing red, brb.
When you were a believer, did you believe in the great flood?
If so, how did you reconcile it?

I was thinking an honest to balls movie on the flood would show the god to be pretty sadistic
31-03-2014, 08:29 PM
(31-03-2014 08:24 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 08:21 PM)Charis Wrote:  This just makes me want to scream.

I'm seeing red, brb.
When you were a believer, did you believe in the great flood?
If so, how did you reconcile it?

I was thinking an honest to balls movie on the flood would show the god to be pretty sadistic

Yes, I believed it. I told myself that "God knows what we don't. He knows the future and how they would grow up... and if they didn't grow up to follow god, then they would go to Hell, so this was actually an act of mercy toward them." Never mind that it was him who created Hell in the first place.... and a universe with such a vulnerability to human sin....

Plus there was the whole,"the flood wasn't a sin, because God did it and he can't sin and everything He does is righteous, so the flood was righteous as well." Circular reasoning ftw. Also,"Who am I to question GOD??? I am only me and HE is GOD, and to dare speak against anything HE DOES??? sooooo arrogant, and other people have been struck dead for less. Who is the servant to challenge the king?"