Saw Noah this weekend

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2014, 08:41 PM
RE: Saw Noah this weekend
(31-03-2014 08:29 PM)Charis Wrote:  Plus there was the whole,"the flood wasn't a sin, because God did it and he can't sin and everything He does is righteous, so the flood was righteous as well." Circular reasoning ftw. Also,"Who am I to question GOD??? I am only me and HE is GOD, and to dare speak against anything HE DOES??? sooooo arrogant, and other people have been struck dead for less. Who is the servant to challenge the king?"
The flood story is less repugnant than the thought of a "god" gently putting a couple of month old babies into a bath tub, then sitting down by the bath tub, put the plug in
and turn the water on. Then he stays there and watches the show. All the time, having the ability to pull the plug, turn the tap off or to pick the babies up out of the water.
But instead he just watches as the water rises and rises.

But this silly story is just two little babies. How many were supposed to have drowned in the flood? Add to that, a few helpless little kittens and puppies.
Most people would consider it pretty sick for a person to do it, why do they think it a divine and glorious moment for their all powerful, all knowing, loving god?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2014, 08:47 PM
(31-03-2014 08:41 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 08:29 PM)Charis Wrote:  Plus there was the whole,"the flood wasn't a sin, because God did it and he can't sin and everything He does is righteous, so the flood was righteous as well." Circular reasoning ftw. Also,"Who am I to question GOD??? I am only me and HE is GOD, and to dare speak against anything HE DOES??? sooooo arrogant, and other people have been struck dead for less. Who is the servant to challenge the king?"
The flood story is less repugnant than the thought of a "god" gently putting a couple of month old babies into a bath tub, then sitting down by the bath tub, put the plug in
and turn the water on. Then he stays there and watches the show. All the time, having the ability to pull the plug, turn the tap off or to pick the babies up out of the water.

But this silly story is just two little babies. How many were supposed to have drowned in the flood? Add to that, a few helpless little kittens and puppies.
Most people would consider it pretty sick for a person to do it, why do they think it a divine and glorious moment for their all powerful, all knowing, loving god?

One answer you will sometimes hear is "it's hard for us to understand the utter sinfulness of sin." Meaning that sin is SO bad and SO repugnant to an utterly holy god, we simply cannot understand the gravity of sin.

But still.... with that logic, and with the sentence of the hands that shed innocent blood being an abomination.... you would think that the ark would have been ful of a bunch of babies or something....
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
31-03-2014, 08:51 PM
(31-03-2014 08:41 PM)Stevil Wrote:  

You know, I can tolerate the humans, but why'd god have to fuck with the puppies and kittens?

Absolute monster.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
31-03-2014, 10:26 PM
(31-03-2014 08:51 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  You know, I can tolerate the humans, but why'd god have to fuck with the puppies and kittens?

Absolute monster.

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
31-03-2014, 10:34 PM
I am looking forward to going very very very much. I don't care what anyone says.
I really want to see the part where he whips out his microscope and collects all the microbes. He does do that, right ? Don't tell me he doesn't.
*Puttiing fingers in ears*
lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study.
01-04-2014, 12:02 AM
Who loves Steve Shives? This guy!

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
01-04-2014, 02:34 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 03:07 AM by Dee.)
I have to go see the movie, must see the movie:

Emma Watson and Russell Crowe, come on. I'm not going to miss this combination.

And, as a highly recommended visual experience, only a big screen will do.

Oh yes, I love water, moving water, lots and lots of moving water.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
01-04-2014, 04:42 AM
(31-03-2014 08:17 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  My other complaint was where did Aronofsky get his source material. It sure wasn't from Genesis. Look, I know movies have to take "artistic license" with some things, but Aronofsky took this to a whole new level of absurd.

As I understand it the books of the Apocrypha[1] such as the Book of Enoch[2] were included as source material.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_apocrypha
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Enoch

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
01-04-2014, 05:14 AM
but...but........ it's

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKVuqaIQ8tHIIjLo7E5pu...mlZdQexWr1]

yeah ok............ I'll catch it on Netflix in a year.

*yawn*

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
01-04-2014, 05:24 AM
(01-04-2014 02:34 AM)Dee Wrote:  ...
Emma Watson and Russell Crowe,

I've not heard of the former and can take or leave the latter but a Winstone & Hopkins combo ... that's worth the ticket price.