Saw Noah this weekend

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2014, 11:08 AM
RE: Saw Noah this weekend
Did anyone dislike the film or the remake of the film 'Clash of the Titans' for the same reasons?

From what I can see the atheist director is treating the Bible story as just another mythology that can be used as a basis for a fantasy film.

The difference is that some people still believe in the Bible while no one believes in Zeus anymore.

Everyone dislikes a film when they're expecting something different. It's risky in that the christians will get annoyed because they expect some pro-christian story and the non-christian audience will not go to see it because they have the same expectation. But if the film gets enough complaints from the christians it might be able to get the interest of the atheist audience. This could explain the reason for the direction.

I haven't seen the film yet but we're considering it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
02-04-2014, 12:18 PM
No, I disliked the film because it was boring. The other things were extra complaints.

It's just not an entertaining movie.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
02-04-2014, 01:03 PM
What I like about the movie is the reactions creationist have. They were expecting something in which they could say based off a true story, and claim it as real, but instead that got a more past worthy not of the tale. Only thing I don't like is why is there a main antagonist and why does he befriend ham. First ham wasn't really a bad guy he was cursed for covering up his naked drunk father. Second isn't the antagonist supposed to be the flood, what you couldn't make a longer movie without one?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
03-04-2014, 07:29 PM
(31-03-2014 09:12 AM)Eva Wrote:  ^^^ My favourite bit from Gladiator. Russell wears a skirt well. Yes

KILT.

So do I. Thumbsup

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
04-04-2014, 05:41 PM
(02-04-2014 11:08 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  ...
It's risky in that the christians will get annoyed

... and the muslims.

Or at least one muslim: taxi driver in Melbourne who expressed his distress as we drove past the poster.

Depicting one of the 'prophets' tsk, tsk.

When I laughed and asked if he was really serious, the conversation got quite interesting.

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
14-04-2014, 08:18 AM
I haven't seen it yet but may go along for a laugh. I see some people in Exeter, UK, missed the first screening due to ....................flooding.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entert...46550.html

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
14-04-2014, 08:24 AM
I don't understand why everyone is so willing to give their money over to this crap. Yuck. If it ever comes out on netflix I -might- watch it.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
14-04-2014, 08:36 AM
My favorite Fox TV pundit line regarding the movie Noah:

"Haters of the Lost Ark"

"This movie is not a documentary" as he defended the movie's departure from the "real" story.

http://www.alternet.org/culture/watch-jo...itics-noah

*clip included

The FAIL is laughable.

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."- Mark Twain in Eruption
14-04-2014, 08:54 AM
(03-04-2014 07:29 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 09:12 AM)Eva Wrote:  ^^^ My favourite bit from Gladiator. Russell wears a skirt well. Yes

KILT.

So do I. Thumbsup

I think we need proof of that claim of that. Photo please Big Grin

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
21-04-2014, 03:04 PM

[Image: MegahentaiSignature_zps7c4b73b2.jpg]